Secrets of the Empire, too much RNG?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
I was wondering if anyone else has had the same awful luck with these as I have. After 19 normal mode, 1 heroic, and 1 lfr kill I have a grand total of 1 of these. Other folks in my guild vary anywhere from 6-10. I understand RNG is RNG, but this is a bit ridiculous.
You can't complete it til Stage 5 unlocks anyway, so no rush.

Also, LFR increasingly opening will help as well.
I got 1 so far =/

not a big deal though, if it's anything like tier 14's entire chain, I'll have months of downtime on it in no time.
Yeah, I'm at 2 after 20 kills, and those came back-to-back on the 18th and 19th. One person in my guild had like 8 after the first week. I just hope the next step (which I think is also a collection quest) isn't this bad.
At least you can take solace in the fact that your damage is balanced around having the legendary meta gem...oh wait

This. Even with terrible RNG I'm betting you'll get your 20 with weeks to spare before you can actually get the meta.

This. Even with terrible RNG I'm betting you'll get your 20 with weeks to spare before you can actually get the meta.

Stage 5 in a few weeks...and how does LFR help unless that is all you do? can only get quest items from bosses ONCE per week no matter the difficulty

I suppose if you are not as progressed in normal as LFR...
it's kinda funny how the collection phases for a gem/metagem are far worse than say, getting shadowfrost shards for shadowmourne.

but it's intentional: carrot on a stick for people to stay subbed.
6 out of 11 kills for me. Seems fine.
You should not need legendary items to be awesome, and therefore not care if they ever drop.
You need stage 3 for the next step, which includes a solo scenario that is supposed to be as hard as the warlock questline. So more gear wouldn't help anyways.

You need nalak, lei shen and stage 5 of the island to get the meta anyways, so no rush.
Yeah, I'm at 2 after 20 kills, and those came back-to-back on the 18th and 19th. One person in my guild had like 8 after the first week. I just hope the next step (which I think is also a collection quest) isn't this bad.

If it makes you feel better, the next collection step occurs AFTER you get your Crown of the Heavens. It serves as a prerequisite to unlock Chapter 4 in 5.3, but isn't actually required to get the Chapter 3 Legendary Meta.

You also only need ten of the second set of items, though the trade off there is that they can only drop from the last six bosses of the raid.
0 for me so I'd say Ill be done by the end of MoP. seeing how we have to farm yet another 50 bosses for another quest.
My luck's pretty terrible, too. 4 after 2 full clears. Whatever. RNG is RNG, and doesn't even matter since you can't do the next part until later.
Sitting on a 1 out of 16 drop rate so far. Boooo.
3 for 31. Or 3 for 26 if it's true that it doesn't drop double for LFR or whatever.

Hopefully the luck changes eventually.. at the current 1 per week pace, won't be able to get the meta til the patch cycle is over.
03/16/2013 05:05 PMPosted by Darrensilten

If it makes you feel better, the next collection step occurs AFTER you get your Crown of the Heavens. It serves as a prerequisite to unlock Chapter 4 in 5.3, but isn't actually required to get the Chapter 3 Legendary Meta.

You also only need ten of the second set of items, though the trade off there is that they can only drop from the last six bosses of the raid.

Source? The PTR data and current live data do not suggest this at all, and it is impossible for anyone on live to be past the Thunder Forges part due to the Isle unlock progression.
With a possible 27 opportunities to obtain Secrets of the Empire based on the shared drop of LFR and normal, I have received 2 and both were in the 1st week. Seems everyone else I talk to has 7 or more except for the folks in this thread.

I had a guildmate not receive any SPA reputation at all last week. Blizzard is weighing whether to fix the problem and award some rep or just fix the problem and screw over the people who were bugged. I hope there isn't a similar bug with these items not dropping for certain people.
one raid member has their 20, another has 2. same number of kills. I have 8.

rng is so fun. shadowfrost shards were 100x better than this. at least it was clear what the drop rates were on normal or heroic.
03/15/2013 10:39 PMPosted by Isiildur

Yeah... no rush. Too bad Stage 5 is unlocked and as this thread points out, many have 0-2 of 20. Just need to wait a good 3 or 4 months at this rate to progress my questline.... No rush indeed. :)