Q: Ret , Holy or Quit

Paladin
because the males are prettier.

/ruffle

whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night
03/22/2013 04:13 PMPosted by Hafleur
ret doesn't reach the same lows in pve

You have no idea the world of arguments this opens up that I'm not even going to go into. Sufficed to say I disagree.

Even if what you say is correct this shouldn't be a pissing contest over who is the more victimized.

without drastically changing classes mid-mop, which they refuse to do

Yeah, that's horribly stupid. Look, something we agree on.

03/22/2013 04:13 PMPosted by Hafleur
imagine your guild benching you for an entire expansion

If my guild was going to do that it would have happened in Tier 11 when we were beyond garbage as a spec. My guild won't sit me based on my class though, gee I wonder if there are PVP guilds out there people can get into with the same mentality?

Then again my guild isn't hardcore and Ret's have suffered at that level on both sides of the fence.

Seriously trying to imply a divide between Ret PVE and Ret PVP is not healthy.

how's it detrimental to the cause? my understanding is the devs don't even read the class forums

Because it makes people within the player community and the Paladin community specifically think we're a bunch of whiny idiots and gives Blizzard more ammo in those confrotations over class balance.

Where they get to say things like "Well we'll never make everyone happy, we feel this is a good place.".
You have no idea the world of arguments this opens up that I'm not even going to go into. Sufficed to say I disagree.

Even if what you say is correct this shouldn't be a pissing contest over who is the more victimized.

ret in rbgs: sat for all of cata and the first two major patches of MoP. may very well be sat until next xpac

this isn't a pissing contest. it's totally legitimate to say it's more likely a ret will get emotional about rbg's than about pve because ret has been garbage in the former for.. well, forever

Seriously trying to imply a divide between Ret PVE and Ret PVP is not healthy.

it's only detrimental when people get overly defensive about it, like you're doing. it's obvious that ret has been consistently underpowered, often completely awful, in rbg's. ret has not been consistently bad in pve for all of cata and mop, sorry

Because it makes people within the player community and the Paladin community specifically think we're a bunch of whiny idiots and gives Blizzard more ammo in those confrotations over class balance.

and you're gonna stem this tide and bring respect and honor to the paladin community! there will always be people who vent or even whine from every class. the reason rets sometimes seem more whiny is because we're so numerous

the difference here between me and you is i save my breath (or my wrists) for people who constantly whine (read: goes beyond occasional venting). you're the hall monitor who's up in everyone's business

Pssh, gurl you know I look good.

dat goatee
ret has not been consistently bad in pve for all of cata and mop, sorry

Have you even payed attention to Ret's performance in PVE? Were you not around when we were essentially a waste of space for most of Tier 11?

We didn't really become "healthy" again until Dragon Soul and in MoP we've been consistently low end to mid range as far as raw DPS goes.

You don't want people dismissing your arguments with trivial comments, don't dismiss mine with such.

Especially after you finished telling me earlier that I couldn't really judge because I don't PVP, which I do just not competitively, well guess what you can't judge PVE Ret at all then by your logic.

the difference here between me and you is i save my breath (or my wrists) for people who constantly whine (read: goes beyond occasional venting). you're the hall monitor who's up in everyone's business

Well you obviously have your opinion of me worked out as some self righteous parent figure trying to make everyone behave so let me give my opinion of you.

You don't save your breath, you're just comfortable in letting it slide when it comes to the subject you agree on while not getting involved in the moaning and crying yourself.

If it's Paladin buisness it is my buisness and every Paladins buisness and if someone is going to post their views on a public forum I'll comment on them and criticize them as I like.

As you will.

So you do your thing, I'll do mine. Neither one of us will convince the other of being wrong.
Have you even payed attention to Ret's performance in PVE? Were you not around when we were essentially a waste of space for most of Tier 11?

the reason pve vs. pvp should never be brought up is because people get so defensive and there's back and forth like this for several posts. happens every time

once again, one tier doesn't equal the entirety of cata and so far all of mop as well. and all the signs point to this being the case until the next xpac

Especially after you finished telling me earlier that I couldn't really judge because I don't PVP, which I do just not competitively, well guess what you can't judge PVE Ret at all then by your logic.

no, my whole point is you judge others too harshly about venting while there's a good chance the reason you don't vent is because you're not as emotionally invested. if ret was "a waste of space," as you put it, in PvE for all of cata and thus far all of mop, chances are you'd vent in the manner of the OP. and if you didn't, maybe you're a robot

03/22/2013 05:37 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Well you obviously have your opinion of me worked out as some self righteous parent figure trying to make everyone behave so let me give my opinion of you.

no, i have this opinion of you in this specific setting. and by setting i mean when you critique people's posts like this rather than an opinion of you on the forums in general

You don't save your breath, you're just comfortable in letting it slide when it comes to the subject you agree on while not getting involved in the moaning and crying yourself.

well you're wrong on that because i've gotten a good deal of hate over the years for being vocal about what i consider bad suggestions. however, i understand why that's your impression. i had to go back a bit, but here's the last post i made in response to a thread about general ret pvp balance:

"I have zero complaints about arena so far, but I hate that Moonkin and DK have more meaningful RBG utility in their pinkies than Ret has in its entirety. Sac dispel is amazing in arena, fairly useless in RBG's."

that is who i am. i say what i honestly think and i try to avoid being biased. you can bet if i read a thread in which someone states flat-out that ret sucks in 5.2 arena (doesn't mention rbg's, etc) i'll say no, that's not the case. and if the poster is flagrant, i'll probably call him out on it

If it's Paladin buisness it is my buisness and every Paladins buisness and if someone is going to post their views on a public forum I'll comment on them and criticize them as I like.

As you will.

So you do your thing, I'll do mine. Neither one of us will convince the other of being wrong.

here's my thing: you're being overly critical and i urge you to relax. class forums are the perfect place to occasionally vent. so long as it's not constant or especially obnoxious we don't need the forum police marching through, maintaining order
We're going to have to agree to disagree Haf, or at least I am.

Cause I really don't like having hash outs like this with people I generally enjoy seeing around the forums.

So happy trails. :)
Retri is no longer challenging, its Low ceiling spec with an annoying playstyle tilted toward new players

123 Inquis, 123 TV to death, all while 123 hit softer then icecream, it gets even easier with cooldowns going. Seal swap is old and righteos really should be intandem with hammer and distorm not four targets, And could you imagine having to swap seals on every two or more targets just for some reasonable aoe , geez so painful
I have a lot of raid cds.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/arena/tichondrius/3v3/The%20Ret%20Dream/

Rank #13 on the hardest, most competitive battle group there is.

Yeah.. ret is so gimp.

What is this link a kid playing 2's , or just waiting on the other 2/3 to get geared for carries
I have a lot of raid cds.

So does the holy , whats your point ? do you believe that spamming your sacred shield is truly worth a shift
We're going to have to agree to disagree Haf, or at least I am.

Cause I really don't like having hash outs like this with people I generally enjoy seeing around the forums.

So happy trails. :)

rats, i've been thwarted! now i can't honestly tell my friend i'm too busy doing other things (aka engaging in forum drama) to take his alt on a TK transmog run. do you realize how much dialogue and general sitting around there is in the kaelthas fight!?

you win, my friend. you win
Lots of crying about rets now but these are the glory days honestly. Ret MS Holy OS for tiers 4 thru 6 and never benched once. When we started hitting the end of BT and beginning of SWP they forced me into holy though. Sons of birches. Ret is a pretty good spec no joke. I destroy most other dps in LFR (which is all I can commit to nowdays), Ret heal all heroics and completely destroy random BGs. In rated arena I don't have much experience this xpac but I get my cap of 1800 each week usually 10-0 with my healer budy and can usually pug enough people to get 1 RBG win per week which im usually MVP. I honestly don't know what all the fuss is about.
03/19/2013 01:33 AMPosted by Charlìe
we all know RET is unplayable
Really? Is this true? I think Rets are strong now. They can burst u down and heal for a !@#$-ton. I think they would be great in two's or 3's.
The number 13 win traded