Blizzard WTH.. Too much Trash

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 Next
03/20/2013 07:08 AMPosted by Runnerpally
The mechanics

careful you used the M word people dont have time for *looks around* mechanics they might call you bad names of the forums because you accually play the game.
just fill the entire instance with snails.

so I can laugh the entire way
You damn kids crying about ToT trash? I'll give you something to cry about. Don't make me turn this raid around and take you to Molten Core.

<3 pure win...LOL
I fully agree. I've never had a group wipe on the trash except for the first time when nobody knew what we were supposed to be doing, but so far in ToT RF I'm spending about equal time bringing down trash mobs and killing bosses. The AMOUNT of trash isn't the problem, it's just that they have too big of health pools. It should take about half the amount of time as it currently takes to kill the trash.

I am taking into consideration the fact that most people aren't geared to the max yet. RF is something for two different groups of people– group one is people who don't raid with a guild, and group two is people who are gearing up to raid with a guild. The minimum ilevel to get in should be about as much as you need to get through LFR without too much trouble.
Eh. The bridge doesn't bother me.
The respawning troll packs are okay.
The snails crack me up! Love em!
The spiders mixed with the snails are mildly irritating, nothing major.

The room before/just after Megara with all the shale spiders and bog monsters and crap mixed around the bell guardians is annoying. Not annoying enough I'd make a thread about it or get worked up about it but it IS annoying. I don't like that it gets randomly face-pulled (and it will always get randomly facepulled in lfr), I don't like that there's no cognizant path through it that people can see, I don't like that there's just so damned much of it all poured into a weird shaped cave...I dunno, I really dislike it but it's not really a big deal. I didn't like all of wrath so one little section of a raid isn't that big a deal :P
ToT is amazing, if it had less trash or were a smaller area it woundnt be as epic as it is right now >.<
I'm just glad it isn't as bad as a General Vezax run back or the trash in Black Temple.

*shudders*
I'm just glad it isn't as bad as a General Vezax run back or the trash in Black Temple.

Deep in SSC running back to a boss after a wipe might take longer than killing the boss.
The room before/just after Megara with all the shale spiders and bog monsters and crap mixed around the bell guardians is annoying. Not annoying enough I'd make a thread about it or get worked up about it but it IS annoying. I don't like that it gets randomly face-pulled (and it will always get randomly facepulled in lfr), I don't like that there's no cognizant path through it that people can see, I don't like that there's just so damned much of it all poured into a weird shaped cave...I dunno, I really dislike it but it's not really a big deal. I didn't like all of wrath so one little section of a raid isn't that big a deal :P

I had thought it was annoying the first time I went through there too, but I realized it was because none of us knew where we were going and cleared more than half the area of trash. When I returned, it was a raid finder group composed of mostly my guild and another guild from a different server, each with people that had already done it, each more geared than the avg LFRer is now, and we cleared that room, going point A to B to C, in under 10 minutes.

I really think that section is going to be super quick and easy in a couple of weeks. Especially going to the last Eternal Spirit, you can avoid almost all the trash by riding on the edge of the cliff.
Genius troll is genius.
I'm fine with the amount of trash, but as of last night, I now have a phobia of snails. Those things are evil!
Last night, for some reason, I couldn't stop laughing when we were fighting the snails before Ji-Kun.
I really enjoyed the trash in the LFR I did last night.

However, that said, I would not be upset if the instance had been designed with a little less of it. I think that 70%-75% of what we have now would be good. There's just enough of the trash and pulls to tick over from being 100% fun and interesting to where I'm starting to get annoyed by another pull where people die to stupidity, apathy, or obstinance.

I think taking out trash now would make some of those big hallways feel too empty. I really like how the Throne of Thunder feels like there is stuff there, active, and patrolling.

I worry a lot when I see these types of posts. It seems that people only want bosses, but they don't want hard bosses - as though all they really want is to hit the feeder bar, collect their thunderforged heroic elite epics, and then preen around their capitol - no work, no effort, no mastery of mechanics, no involvement. I want to play the game. Trash is part of the game. I don't want to skip it or have it pulled out or just face one generic lootbag after the next. The game is not fun when you maximize it for efficiency and spend all that saved time - time you could have spent playing - instead sitting around whining in trade about how there's nothing to do, how trash sucks, how every class but yours is OP in PVP, and how dailies suck.
The snails are coming for your souls.
As crazy as this may sound, I actually enjoyed fighting the trash mobs in the Forgotten Depths, particularly the ones in Refuse Disposal. Those snails were a stroke of evil genius on the devs' parts.
03/19/2013 07:15 PMPosted by Rygarius
dont tell me what to do.

The irony.

If you can be more specific about your feedback, it'll help narrow down the scope of what the problem is and if it could be addressed.

The trash between the first 2 bosses is too time consuming. 4 of those mobs on each bridge? Why? You run out, pull 1, bring it back, kill it. Repeat 3 more times. Play frogger, kill a big mob.

I'd say either take the big colossus between bridges out or cut the # of spirits you fight per bridge down to 2. Its not challenging at all. Its not rewarding. Its just time consuming. I like trash. I want trash. Just not 8 pulls of the same thing for no real reason.
I like the fact that people can wipe on trash.

How many people died to the globs in Naxx?

How many people died on the elevator in SSC?

How many people died on the trash mobs leading to KT in TK?

Steamrolling mobs on the way to a boss isn't good. That kind of gameplay is why there are so many people who really don't know how to play their class anyway.

Or the fire elementals in MC that had to be CC'd, or would wipe the raid. Heh. Or the Anubisath in AQ that were immune/reflected.
The trash is ridiculous. Lower its health in LFR or something. Simply because it adds SO much time. I only have time for about 2 lfr wings a night. Trying to play alts this expansion is mind numbing