Rogue feels so utterly lackluster to play...

Rogue
you know with all the actual back and forth here, this thread could actually be considered good feedback for the developers on why rogues don't get much higher pop them they do now.

There are the pros of the people who like things the way they are, the cons of people who just don't feel they are doing anything special when playing(and this feeling is not actually tied with the effectiveness of what they are doing, like topping charts or owning hard in pvp).

Maybe someone should link this thread to GC just to see what happens?
[quote]
Loot table of a few extra gold coins and some healing potions and some grey drops and every once in a while a green drop. Nothing exciting here. Have opened at least 1000 lock boxes this expansion and gotten nothing but greens greys and healing pots. Good luck getting an epic to drop. Especially now that they are outdated.

That's odd. I seem to remember getting an epic dagger today. It's not a good dagger even if it were sept 26, though.

It does, however, offer one nice perk--it doesn't show enchants which makes it worth a lot to people who like to transmog.

That said, I don't think rogues play the class for flair. I certainly don't.
It'd be cool if our attacks had a bit more of a graphical flair to them but I honestly don't care all that much as long as they work. But having a mini explosion like the D3 monk whenever we Envenom/Evisc would be cool.
-We have the best CC in the game.
-We are the best stealth-using class in the game.
-We have some of the highest damage in the game (currently).
-We have picklock. We laugh as blacksmiths waste time making their keys and engineers their charges. We're still the first stop when there is a lock that needs opening.
-We have pickpocket. We gain access to an entirely different loot table apart from any other class in the game, just for ourselves.
-We have extreme fear factor. No one knows if a rogue is lurking behind them on a PvP server.
-We have detect Trap/Disarm Trap. Try running into BWL sometime. You can thank me later.
-We have the power to pick our own fights. No need to eat through an entire dungeon's worth of mobs to get to a quest objective. Sneak past everything, pick up item/kill quest npc and you're good to go. Not to mention how effective this is with sap.
-We have a good variety of poisons. Same attacks, different flavor of nature damage as we choose.

There are many good things we have going for us.

We get throwing weapon as our level 90 ability.

You cannot even begin to comprehend how powerful this ability is. We out-DPS hunters at range.

I gotta agree with everything here.

Also, we have safe fall! I love being able to drop form the lumber mill to the road below without dying. Jumping off the EotS platform without taking damage is pretty cool too.

Dismounting towards the blacksmith mid air, stealthing, and shadowstepping to an enemy near the flag without even touching the ground is pretty awesome.

If you play smart, you will NEVER get ganked - whether it's world, or bgs.

I can also make bank with my rogue mining. It's so nice to sap, mine, and leave to the next node, without every having to fight.

I Personally don't like pets, or summoning armies to fight for me. It makes me feel like my toon is a weakling and depends on others to do his bidding. I hope rogues never get a pet or a summon...with one exception - I'd love to see one spec get a wolf companion, like in Shinobi or Shadow from FFVI...perhaps Combat??? One could dream.
[quote]
Plus, if you play smart, you will NEVER get ganked by another class - whether it's world, or bgs

The only place I ever get ganked is the Isle of Thunder because of some bad luck with the god damn zap towers.
For me, the sense of invulnerability to ganking is one the main reasons I play a rogue.

It use to really piss me off, when I'd be playing my DK and a hunter would get the drop on me, from a distance, while I have a mob agro'd.
Aoe stealth is also fun to play around with :)
We got our own orange daggers last xpac
-We are the best stealth-using class in the game.
-We have some of the highest damage in the game (currently).
-We have picklock. We laugh as blacksmiths waste time making their keys and engineers their charges. We're still the first stop when there is a lock that needs opening.
-We have pickpocket. We gain access to an entirely different loot table apart from any other class in the game, just for ourselves.
-We have extreme fear factor. No one knows if a rogue is lurking behind them on a PvP server.
-We have detect Trap/Disarm Trap. Try running into BWL sometime. You can thank me later.
-We have the power to pick our own fights. No need to eat through an entire dungeon's worth of mobs to get to a quest objective. Sneak past everything, pick up item/kill quest npc and you're good to go. Not to mention how effective this is with sap.
-We have a good variety of poisons. Same attacks, different flavor of nature damage as we choose.

There are many good things we have going for us.

We get throwing weapon as our level 90 ability.

You cannot even begin to comprehend how powerful this ability is. We out-DPS hunters at range.

Everything you said is a complete joke

Bwaahahahahaha
QQ
I'm enjoying rogue more now (since 5.2 hit) than since late LK.

I only played this rogue for a little while in Cata, so I'm not someone who rolled rogue for the oranges. My first rogue (on my first account) was rolled in '06. I would level until x8 or x9 and then "park" in the BG's for a long, long time. Back before xp in BG's. I loved playing this class in TBC and I also had fun in LK. Cata and early MoP were pretty "meh" imho for this class, but with ST the things that were increasingly driving me insane (being endless kited by others while having only a handful of long CD's to respond with) has been addressed.

/shrug

This is one of the reasons I love being a Rogue.
You don't think concealing your entire team in a BG in stealth is pretty awesome? Two rogues can stealth a team for half a minute, that's pretty amazing imo.
Yeah well you are pretty lackluster to look at.

I am kidding.

notreally.
I just wish there were more class-quests for rogues. Especially the Ravenholdt quests: those were far too short (Pardon me if if they're actually good now ...havent done those since Vanilla). I suppose I shouldn't be complaining though if all the classes are the same way haha.

In that case, I think it'd be awesome if there were more class specific quests/dailies haha. That'd make all the classes even more unique and immersive :)
Oh but, for the spirit of complaining on the forums: we seem a bit un-represented lore-wise in the recent expansions. Its all been Paladins, Warlocks, Shamans and Monks.

Also, I think this guy meant to reply to your thread. I'd say he deserves some plus points!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8197913039
Rogues are assassins that strike from the shadows, using poisonous daggers or ninja stars to bleed the very life from you. They don't need any him ice to be cool.
To the OP, Rouges are Rouges..... they serve a very specific role and play a specific way. The powers are in line with rouges and and what rouges do. I feel that if you are envious of other class's showy spells and talents then go role one and play and cast them until your heart is content.

It's people like you that take the fun out of the game, you want your one toon/ class/ build/ play style to be like everyone else thus in the end you won't be any different from any one else.
I think the rogue is getting a little too ninja with shiruken.

I'd personally like it if we could wield a 2 hander in one spec, spears (maybe even a staff) to be a different sort of rogue, probably combat.

The specs need to be more visually distinguished I guess is what I'm saying and that I think the spears look cool and could be easily made for monks/druids and then also rogues.
Hey, we're the best in the business when it comes to hiding from people, running away, falling down and stealing beer money! What's not awesome about always having beer money?

I'm not asking for meteor showers, but it would be great if we had some interesting character animations. I understand the extra workload involved compared to spell effects.