Legendary Beast daily overtuned

Pet Battles
gotten nothing but trash 5 days in a row.
Aki the Chosen
Thundering Pandaren Spirit
Dos-Ryga
Kafi
Courageous Yon
Pandaren Fire Spirit
Seeker Zusshi
Ti’Un the Wanderer
No-No
Wastewalker Shu
Gorespine
Pandaren Water Spirit
Greyhoof
Skitterer Xi’a
Mo’Ruk
Ka’Wi the Gorger
Hyuna
Nitun
Pandaren Air Spirit

I forgot where I picked up this route, but it's pretty good. I don't have Farmer Nishi and Lucky Li on the list because I do them when I make silk and tend my farm.

I two man the tamers to level a third and power through the B of F with a Mech team, a Flyer team, and a Beast team.

But back on topic, it is a lot of work for little reward. They either need to cut to only 3 or 4 a day random, or guarantee a stone in each bag.
I didn't realize the drop rate was so low! OK, doing all these battles should at least guarantee either one of the pets or a stone. If they all had bags, then at least it would feel more rewarding.

Maybe they could have portals to the next pet? Or move the one in Dread Wastes so it's not completely out of the way. Most of us have so many bandages, maybe they could turn into a currency allowed to buy portals to the next pet. Just ideas. =]
*hint - this daily is meant to be done in between all the other dailies/spirit tamers. Takes about 15 minutes extra. Not bad for a decent drop of a stone and a rare pet.
One problem is peoples' interpretation of the term "daily" in WoW.

A daily is a task offered each day, which you can do when you feel like it. - just not more than once a day.
A daily does not have to be done every day.

If the Beasts of fable quest is too onerous to do each day then don't. Just make sure you have the quest on you and battle a BoF whenever you're passing by one on your list. Every few days clear up the remaining few not done yet and hand it in.

It's not a chore, it's a bonus.
gotten nothing but trash 5 days in a row.

^-- this..

And for you guys trying to look cool and brag about how you can do them in only 30 mins, you are missing the point.. Ok.. fine.. you can do them in 30 mins and you get.. greys.. the exact same thing you got from the regular tamer bag that took you 2 min to do.. that is where the disconnect is.. No rep.. No item.. No currency.. just a few gold..
Although it is very frustrating when you get nothing but greys for this "daily", it is not a difficult quest to complete. What frustrates me more is doing all the Tamers that drop bags all over Azeroth and have nothing but a few bandages and Happy treats to show for it (yes, I do level pets and that's the ONLY redeeming thing most days).

Do I think that the Beasts of Fable should just include 3 or 4 random pets from the 10 possible each day? Yes! Does it matter if they don't do this in the short term? No!
03/18/2013 04:23 PMPosted by Chorn
an hour for one stone once a day isn't really that OP

Er, one hour? You can do them all in 30 minutes. A long daily still, but its not an hour.

And yeah I'm assuming it'll be you always get a stone or something.

You are leaving out RNG factors. It might be somewhere around 30-45 minutes on the days that you one-shot each elite. However, if you are like me, some days you get really unlucky. On those days, like today, I am on my second attempt for Gorespine, and I already did 2 attempts to kill the other beast in southern Valley. Nothing like bringing out a pet only to have all of their abilities miss or be dodged... It really sucks up the time it takes to do these.

Edit: Let's make this my third try for the day on Gorespine. Why? Because my last pet is coming in and not landing one ability on him. Not one lol. He was sitting at 600 hp, and I couldn't get a single attack off on him.
so far ive gotten 3-4 pandas and if i dont get a panda i always get a stone. either way sell the panda for 5k each easy money every day
I'll trade you all the hairballs, toys, and rusted cages I get from that bag for all your pets and stones. Trust me, I have enough for it to be worth it.
A daily is a task offered each day, which you can do when you feel like it. - just not more than once a day.
A daily does not have to be done every day.

This is true, but it crashes into the concept of hardcore play, for which the maximum you can do IS the minimum you can do (must cap valor every week, etc.) If you're not doing as much as legally possible within the game, you're not trying hard enough.

Even players who don't think of themselves as hardcore often still insist on enchanting every enchantable piece of gear, putting a gem in every socket, and of course, wearing a piece of gear in every slot that gives stats. And looking down on people who don't do all those things.

This is the entire reason for people complaining about MoP being "alt unfriendly" etc. -- because the maximum you can do is so high, it wasn't intended for everyone to do everything possible every day. But some players insist on pushing themselves to the maximum and then find it frustrating that the maximum isn't as low as it was in past expansions.
This is not a traditional daily. I cannot think of a single other daily in the game that requires you to fly around the entire expansion map, fight 10 targets, and then have a chance for a reward. Heck killing 10 mobs for a 30 second daily each provide a chance for gold, greens, etc and THEN the daily reward.

I have done it every day since the patch released and have had middling results at best, for 4 days in a row my best reward was a pet bandage. It is very frustrating.

Make it a random selection of the mobs or make it 1-2 stone reward rather than a 0-1 chance, do something... its too frustrating to see guildmates netting pandas and stones left and right while I finish the stupid daily, already dreading the reward, and then seeing that grey item and a bandage... makes me regret even trying. RNG is RNG... I know. But this is an extreme case of time and effort resulting in feeling much more invested in the possible reward.
The time vs. reward factor is so low for the majority of people that I am glad they have taken notice. It's nice that some people get great results - your time has been well spent on that occasion you do get something. However, the majority get jack squat from their bags and end up feeling that the time was completely wasted, whether or not it was waiting in a queue or combined with other trainer battles. In the time it takes to do the 10, I could run a dozen other dailies and net 200+g. This one? All that time for a couple of biscuits and a worn toy plus only 11g is skewed when compared to the work involved. Either make it kill a random one each day for the same result or, as others have suggested here, make stones a guaranteed drop in the bag and/or increase the chance for a pet. I'd also suggest making a bigger amount of bandages a guaranteed drop in the bag since you are bound to use a bunch in the process of doing these.
I'm in the 'pick 3-5 at random or give us a guaranteed stone in every bag' camp. The fights aren't that hard, and I had good luck (four pandas and two stones in I think five days), but the flight time just isn't worth it to me now that I have my three pandas. Not even to possibly get stones or extras to sell.
There are three types of Beasts of Fable - Aquatic, Beast and Critter. Why not let the quest be kill one of each type?

Or make it three separate quests?
Each with its own bag.
03/19/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Windsocks

Er, one hour? You can do them all in 30 minutes. A long daily still, but its not an hour.

And yeah I'm assuming it'll be you always get a stone or something.

You are leaving out RNG factors. It might be somewhere around 30-45 minutes on the days that you one-shot each elite. However, if you are like me, some days you get really unlucky. On those days, like today, I am on my second attempt for Gorespine, and I already did 2 attempts to kill the other beast in southern Valley. Nothing like bringing out a pet only to have all of their abilities miss or be dodged... It really sucks up the time it takes to do these.

Edit: Let's make this my third try for the day on Gorespine. Why? Because my last pet is coming in and not landing one ability on him. Not one lol. He was sitting at 600 hp, and I couldn't get a single attack off on him.

This is only partially true. With optimal teams, you will 1-shot every single one of these battles very close to 100% of the time (barring some crazy outlier where you just miss every attack).
I don't understand the people suggesting to do them WITH the other tamer battles as a solution...

All that seems to do for me is turn the whole thing from a 1 hour affair into a 2-3 hour affair...

I feel like these estimates people give (like most time estimates in WoW) are grossly undershooting the amount of time it ACTUALLY takes. I feel like... sure... you could probably maybe do the whole set of spirit beasts in 30 min... if you were REALLY working at it, and absolutely trying to do a speed run. But most people aren't... frankly, and it's unrealistic to say it's the standard.

I've had a rule in this game for years: No matter what anyone says, no matter what anyone INSISTS will be the amount of time an activity will take... add a minimum of 30 minutes to the estimate (often more). Any time estimate that anyone in this game ever gives you for anything. People CONSTANTLY undershoot time estimates in every aspect of this game. They time the bare minimum for the act itself... while overlooking travel, prep, group assembly, distractions... and any number of other other random unforseen slight delays. ALWAYS. 2 minutes here. 5 minutes there. A pee break. AFK in flight. It ALWAYS adds a minimum of 30 minutes.

I have often made this point before an assembly, only to be called a fool. 30 minutes later I have often thrown it in the group leaders face and nearly had my head ripped off on several occasions. (*Snicker*)

As for the normal tamers, I (like many) use them for leveling... so I'm not always fighting every last one in the most optimal and efficient way. That said, since I'm often essentially 2-manning them all and random is random: Sometimes I lose. It happens. That just makes everything that much longer...

THAT said... yeah... the whole affair of this daily takes far too long, and doing it WITH the existing tamers only makes things WORSE... I did that exactly ONE time since the patch, and it ate up my entire freaking afternoon. Several hours. No thank you.

With each patch they add more travel.work to endgame pet battling, and with each patch it gets more painful to try to maximize your rewards. It's frankly... growing out of hand quickly.

That said... most days now I just blow it off. Got my Porcupette, got my Spirits, got my Pandas. I'd love to get more stones... but it burned me out trying to keep up... especially those days where you hit them all and turn up zero stones... those painful painful days...
I completed the quest once and was excited to gain access to the dailies. When I saw that the daily was to do ALL OF THEM however, I haven't touched a single one.