Paladin
Who remembers that epic quest to get the Charger! Just remembered doing the final Scholo part with 4 pallies, 1 warrior.

Wish this was still in, new pallies are missing something!
LFG Dire Maul, Pally Charger mount quest
repeat for 2 months
I came in during BC, so I just had to get a bunch of old world mats and cough up 100g. But that's still more than can be said by new school pallies.
I'm with Liquidrock - I have the Feat for it, but I got in in Wrath.

I did, however, earn Verigan's Fist back in BC when I first started playing, but junked it at the time; very much regret that, now.
I got mine as soon as I hit the right level with this character. I thought it was a great Idea to learn a cool mount through a method like that. I only wish we had gotten a flying one (DK's...you lucky dogs), but I guess the Tyriel's Charger works in that aspect.
I did it with me being the only Paladin in the group. On, man. That was tough. lol But, we pulled it off. It really was a great quest chain with an epic conclusion! Battling a swarm of ghosts that could only be defeated with the right Judgement to AoE stun damage them. Then battling a powerful Death Knight. To end with purifying his mount. Freakin... awesome.
I was over half way through the quest chain for it, just taking my time really wanting to see the lore, when Blizzard took it out unannounced.

I still remember the Blue Post thread where they apologized for not announcing it.

Jerks.
Was always so expensive, and people whining about our (and locks) "free mounts." :|

My first one was with a couple other paladins. My last one, very late in BC, I did solo as a 62 holy paladin. That was a fun time.

I did, however, earn Verigan's Fist back in BC when I first started playing, but junked it at the time; very much regret that, now.

One of my alt Horde (the one I did the charger quest solo!) paladins has both a Verigan's Fist and Archeus, since there wasn't actually a Horde equivalent of them, the original items stayed when I transferred. :D

I definitely really regret not keeping my blood-tempered ranseurs.
and Archeus

I still have that! Loved the original Duskwood.

I never much cared for Verigan's Fist, although I still keep it with me. I prefer the Lightforged Blade out of the old Paladin weapon stable.

Come to think of old Paladin quest rewards....

DK's get all their old starter armor and weapons on a vendor, perhaps the other classes should too.
Duskwood was one of my favorite zones, originally. It had really great story arcs.
It had really great story arcs.

It did.

Also "Darkshire! I HUNGER!!"
Still remember when I only had 75g and Needed 25g to complete it lol.
Been there done that
I did it in BC with a group of other paladins and a warlock that we helped also.
I remember how amazing I felt after I finished mine in Vanilla. Thankfully I had some guildies who helped me out with mats so it did end up being cheaper than regular epic riding for me.
It was costly and stressful, but it was definitely an amazing experience. Felt so rewarding to summon that charger for the first time.
I think more class quests should be in the game making things more unique and class friendly.
My charger is still the only ground mount I use because of the work it took to get it. It was VERY exciting when I finally got it!
I got a free level 80 pally courtesy of blizzs scroll of resurrection so not only did I not earn the mount I didn't earn the first 80 levels of the game lol.
Still remember when I only had 75g and Needed 25g to complete it lol.

100g was a lot of gold then... Now it's pocket change!