Problems with shift, ctrl, and alt modifiers

UI and Macro
The OP's problem was he was using improper macro syntax. It's been explained in this thread.
i was saying your macros should work (with corrected spelling), the OP just wasn't using the actual syntax you used ( [mod=ctrl] instead of [mod:ctrl] )

This was the issue with the OPs macro. Perhaps you could post your own macro in here and we could troubleshoot it for you? Or you can start a new thread, we don't bite :)
05/13/2013 10:05 AMPosted by Sedivy
we don't bite
Talk for yourself.
we don't bite :)

I do. I've also been know to set posters on fire.
Alright my problem is similar to OP's. When you hold alt and mouse over the button it will show the premed tool tip and if you click the button it will cast premed but if i do alt+key binding it doesn't work. I don't have anything bound to alt nor do I have self cast as alt.

#showtooltip
/use [mod:alt,stealth,@target]Premeditation;[nomod,stealth,@target]Ambush

also have tried with and without stealth option
Put it into macroexplain.com, and it seems your macro should work, I am assuming you are doing all of this from Stealth since that macro won't work out of Stealth. Also check that your "Focus" cast key isn't alt, or that alt+key press isn't bound to say action bar switching or some such.
I have been having the same problem:

/cast [modifier:shift] Death Pact; [modifier:alt]Stoneform;Anti-Magic Shell;

If I press alt I see the icon for Stoneform. But if I press alt and click the botton, I get Anti-Magic Shell.
What happens if you:

/cast [modifier:shift] Death Pact; [modifier:alt] Anti-Magic Shell;Stoneform;

I'm just wondering. I personally don't use macros, but I've often seen that macros are turned around on the end part.
04/06/2015 01:43 AMPosted by Grimmr
I have been having the same problem:

/cast [modifier:shift] Death Pact; [modifier:alt]Stoneform;Anti-Magic Shell;

If I press alt I see the icon for Stoneform. But if I press alt and click the botton, I get Anti-Magic Shell.
Take the semi-colon off the end. Macros that end in semi-colons confuse the parser.
04/06/2015 04:45 PMPosted by Macknight
I'm just wondering. I personally don't use macros, but I've often seen that macros are turned around on the end part.
With all due respect, how does this line of thinking lead to "I think I'll go ahead and offer advice on how to fix the problem?" I'm truly curious.

A parallel line of thinking would be "I don't drive, but I saw the movie Cars, so I think you need a new transmission."
Because I said what I often see on the forum. As far as I know there are no qualifications in this or any other forum hosted by Blizzard. I just asked, figuring that he (?) already tried it, and he would answer to that effect. Do you want me to lie, is that it? I was honest and up front about my use of macros. I don't think I deserved the snide remarks. Remember - you were once new at stuff or didn't know very much about it, but you most likely tried to help. Well, I've been told, so...
04/06/2015 07:17 PMPosted by Macknight
I don't think I deserved the snide remarks. Remember - you were once new at stuff or didn't know very much about it, but you most likely tried to help.
I honestly was not being snide. Hence my use of "I'm truly curious." I realize that text over the Internet is a poor medium for communicating intent, but trust me - if I were to be snide, it'd be a LOT more caustic. For better or worse.

That being said, I *was* truly curious. Macro writing is a very specific and, for many, arcane endeavor. I know next to nothing about the inner workings of cars, and therefore wouldn't ever put forth anything as even a possible solution to someone's problem.

More power to you for volunteering, though, and for learning.