The war up north

Story Forum
I think the Alliance retaking Stromgarde would be a great and valid point of expansion. Stromgarde was the center of human civilisation until Lordaeron stole that honor. I feel like restoring the home city of the Arathi kings would do just as much if not more.
I mean...unless you don't want more humans in the storyline. I wouldn't blame you there.
I'd like to see Kul'tiras at some point. Unless it's floating around like Zandalar which would suck. Be pretty cool for alliance to have some big !@# dock/shipyard like city.
Half of it to the Horde, and most of the other half to the Argent Crusade.

I said gameplay reasons. As in, the Horde was lacking in equivalent low level zones without Alliance interference, and so Blizzard gave them a "duskwood", of sorts....in Hillsbrad.

The higher level zones are, always have been, and always will be mostly neutral questing.

that was an actual question. you did hit on all but two major troll themes for this specific topic.

It's not her fault that people like Vyrin come in and ruin Forsaken threads.

I'd love there to be more topics on the Forsaken and Night Elves, but certain fans here prevent rational discussion.
The kingdom of Lordearon has fallen. It line are broken. It rulings body scatter to the four winds. The forces of stormwind could barely hold the lands they have now there is no way they can launch an invasion of Lordearon. The lordearon mentality will be breed out of the lordearon people eventually.

Think of it this way. Lordearon was Rome at it's height. Rome for all it strength fell and smaller countries start to develop from its corpse. The only part of rome that was left after the fall was the Byzantine empire. Stormwind is Azerorth Byzantine empire. Powerful but never with enough numbers to retake their former lands from the barbarian horde. Why? Because bigger threat kept showing up. The Byzantine empire had to vanquish the Persian once and for all the content Mohammed and his Muslim horde from completely over taking europa. That is the lich king to Stormwind.

Tiron fording would be the new france, spain , England or scots. They will people enough people to hold their lands but not to expand for a while. They will stay where they are and fortified their current holding.

Its the dawn of a new age. Those lands will be rename. Eastern plague land might be rename Tirona and its captial Fordring Hold. Lordearon will be remade. Its story is over.
03/21/2013 03:32 AMPosted by Suraia
Retaking Stromgarde might be the most useless waste of a storyline that ever existed, and wouldn't be worth any Alliance life to "retake",

Wrong in many ways.

Stromgarde is the birthplace of humanity where all the human tribes came together to fight the trolls. Retaking that is a waste of life? Securing a foothold to stop the forsaken's advance into Arathi is a waste? Stormwind owes it to them to help retake Stromgarde. How is that not a good story? It'd be nice to stop cow tipping in Kalimdor and start retaking some stuff in the EK.
The kingdom of Lordearon has fallen. It line are broken. It rulings body scatter to the four winds. The forces of stormwind could barely hold the lands they have now there is no way they can launch an invasion of Lordearon. The lordearon mentality will be breed out of the lordearon people eventually.

Think of it this way. Lordearon was Rome at it's height. Rome for all it strength fell and smaller countries start to develop from its corpse. The only part of rome that was left after the fall was the Byzantine empire. Stormwind is Azerorth Byzantine empire. Powerful but never with enough numbers to retake their former lands from the barbarian horde. Why? Because bigger threat kept showing up. The Byzantine empire had to vanquish the Persian once and for all the content Mohammed and his Muslim horde from completely over taking europa. That is the lich king to Stormwind.

Tiron fording would be the new france, spain , England or scots. They will people enough people to hold their lands but not to expand for a while. They will stay where they are and fortified their current holding.

Its the dawn of a new age. Those lands will be rename. Eastern plague land might be rename Tirona and its captial Fordring Hold. Lordearon will be remade. Its story is over.

It's already been said the Alliance can retake Lordaeron if they put their focus into it. We've had our main focus on Kalimdor and Pandaria.
Just like everyone knew the Byzantine empire could have swept aside the jute, angels,franks, saxon, picts, scots,visigoth, ostrogoth and the vandals at Any time and retake western rome but their powerful military was used to hold bigger threat at bay. In their case the Persians, and the turks which was lead by Mohammed.

We call them the Byzantine empire. They still considered themselves romans and called themselves so, stormwind still consider herself part of the alliance but her Alliance have been dead for years now.
Just like everyone knew the Byzantine empire could have swept aside the jute, angels,franks, saxon, picts, scots,visigoth, ostrogoth and the vandals at Any time and retake western rome but their powerful military was used to hold bigger threat at bay. In their case the Persians, and the turks which was lead by Mohammed.

We call them the Byzantine empire. They still considered themselves romans and called themselves so, stormwind still consider herself part of the alliance but her Alliance have been dead for years now.

What makes you think Stormwind would be reclaiming Lordaeron alone? (I doubt it will ever happen in wow) Ironforge would most likely back Stormwind. Before anything they would need to retake Stromgarde, doing that connects the alliance to Aerie Peak and they have an extra stronghold to help support Gilneas. It would't just be Stormwind, you would have the Stromgarde forces, Gilnean forces and Dwarven forces backing Stormwind. Maybe even some Kirin Tor support too.

What makes you think Stormwind would be reclaiming Lordaeron alone? (I doubt it will ever happen in wow) Ironforge would most likely back Stormwind. Before anything they would need to retake Stromgarde, doing that connects the alliance to Aerie Peak and they have an extra stronghold to help support Gilneas. It would't just be Stormwind, you would have the Stromgarde forces, Gilnean forces and Dwarven forces backing Stormwind. Maybe even some Kirin Tor support too.

I am saying the losses that have been inccurred by the current Alliance in these wars takes their toll and as such would not leave stormwind and her allies extra men to make a real effort at retaking lordearon.

It simply is not feasible for the Alliance to over extend themselves for lost lands to begin with and all the while with this going on you have pockets of humanity setting up camp in the plauge lands. People like the scarlets and the dawn. People who realized they no longer have the backing and protection THE Alliance military. People who will flock to Fordring banner or any other fifedom that can protect them and they will serve and be loyal to those new kingdoms rather then swear loyalty to a master far away from their concerns living in their ivory towers.

We know what is going on with stormwind but the fact oc the matter is it's been close to ten years since anyone felt alliance protection much less saw Alliance soldiers protecting them or their homes. So why should they automatically bend knee or accept them. The problem will be compounded when neatly dress alliance troops march in to those town ship and expect people to be grateful yet would only get cold shoulders and being blamed for bringing war into their corners of the world.

So why should Alliance troops risk life and limb for an ungrateful populace?

I am saying the losses that have been inccurred by the current Alliance in these wars takes their toll and as such would not leave stormwind and her allies extra men to make a real effort at retaking lordearon.

It simply is not feasible for the Alliance to over extend themselves for lost lands to begin with and all the while with this going on you have pockets of humanity setting up camp in the plauge lands. People like the scarlets and the dawn. People who realized they no longer have the backing and protection THE Alliance military. People who will flock to Fordring banner or any other fifedom that can protect them and they will serve and be loyal to those new kingdoms rather then swear loyalty to a master far away from their concerns living in their ivory towers.

We know what is going on with stormwind but the fact oc the matter is it's been close to ten years since anyone felt alliance protection much less saw Alliance soldiers protecting them or their homes. So why should they automatically bend knee or accept them. The problem will be compounded when neatly dress alliance troops march in to those town ship and expect people to be grateful yet would only get cold shoulders and being blamed for bringing war into their corners of the world.

So why should Alliance troops risk life and limb for an ungrateful populace?

I have no clue what you are talking about. If you mean the Argents will give them the cold shoulder for moving into retake lost lands they didn't seem to have a problem in the Western Plaguelands when alliance settlers and troops came in. I really don't get what you are getting at.
Alliance been gone for ten years now. Other faction have risen up to protect still living people in lordearon. Other people was there while Alliance sat in their asses doing nothing. Why should lordearon people accept Alliance rule after Alliance failed them? Why shhould Alliance troops risk life on foreign lands that they have no real connection to anymore? Will Alliance despose current government inplace forcibly? Will they kill those that won't join them? If yes what make them any different then Horde.

I have no clue what you are talking about.

He's saying that the people of Stormguarde, WPL/EPL and Alterac would make their own kingdom separate from SW/Alliance if they could.

I don't immediately agree but many of the humans in all those zones are not fans of the Alliance.
Alliance been gone for ten years now. Other faction have risen up to protect still living people in lordearon. Other people was there while Alliance sat in their asses doing nothing. Why should lordearon people accept Alliance rule after Alliance failed them? Why shhould Alliance troops risk life on foreign lands that they have no real connection to anymore? Will Alliance despose current government inplace forcibly? Will they kill those that won't join them? If yes what make them any different then Horde.

And? Stormwind was destroyed and under orcish control for the better part of a decade, did they forget about it? No they didn't. Lordaeron and the other human nations reclaimed it, why shouldn't Stormwind do the same for the survivors of Lordaeron? I seriously doubt the Alliance is going to pick a war against the Argent Crusade, they would most likely become allies in Lordaeron. And what current Government? You seem to think the people of Lordaeron should be pissed at the Alliance for some reason because it hasn't been retaken yet. It is a goal the alliance is working towards and should be working towards.
I want Southshore Alliance again one day if nothing else for Nostalgia reasons. If not Southshore, at least Durnholde Keep.
Stormwind was under orcish for maybe a few months. A year at the most they took it back because it was being used as a staging grown for orcs troops. They rebuild it because they could afford to do so. They fought one single war then a series of engagement in outland. Stormwind is not as populated as lordearon nor are their land rich enough in resources to rebuikd serveral kingdoms. Add to that they fought in five seperate wars and it is simply not fesiable to take the lands back.
Gonna say it again; I'm holding out for the Dwarves to march north.
Stormwind was under orcish for maybe a few months. A year at the most they took it back because it was being used as a staging grown for orcs troops. They rebuild it because they could afford to do so. They fought one single war then a series of engagement in outland. Stormwind is not as populated as lordearon nor are their land rich enough in resources to rebuikd serveral kingdoms. Add to that they fought in five seperate wars and it is simply not fesiable to take the lands back.

" Six years have passed since the first war between man and orc "
03/21/2013 02:21 PMPosted by Gollard

" Six years have passed since the first war between man and orc "

That's been retcon in the book Tides Of Darkness. Only a few months passed before the war.
Never heard that. do you have a source?
Ummm the Tides of darkness novel?