Zandalari Paladins

Story Forum
Prev 1 3 4 5
Obviously, there's the fact that every single time anyone has ever attempted to approach Trolls diplomatically, it's ended in successful relationships and even friendship, which kind of singlehandedly makes the posit that they're universally xenophobic patently untrue, but let's go beyond the obvious.

There's only a few cases where this is true. In the case of Wolvar with the Drakkari, which we don't really know their relationship well. There's the Zandalari and the Mogu, but the Mogu more or less ruled the Zandalari so that was more of an acquisition made by the Mogu. Then there's the Horde and the Amani, and the Amani were only allies with them out of convenience.

We don't really know who started the Troll wars with the Humans and the Trolls, as far as I know. We know the Troll wars versus the High elves and the Amani was caused by High elves moving into Quel'thalas, but we don't know who started hostilities, afaik. And even if they had, the Trolls never tried to make amends either - since in Warcraft, for one to truly be good, even the aggrieved party has to make amends.

If Trolls really wanted to be left alone, they wouldn't be routinely killing people and using their souls/corpses as fodder for voodoo.
03/21/2013 08:29 AMPosted by Mordstreich
We don't really know who started the Troll wars with the Humans and the Trolls, as far as I know.

Only if you're willing to entertain the notion that invading the lands of your neighbour, killing the locals and hunting them down for the next few thousand years doesn't count as starting a war.

As for the Mogu, the Zandalari are in a subordinate position now, sure, but we've no evidence of what their relationship was like before the Night Elves used the Well to blow up entire Troll empires then the world, then Zandalar fell below the waves.

It's not hard to imagine the Zandalari might have been in a far better position back when Trolls ruled the entire planet.
03/21/2013 08:59 AMPosted by Kellick
We don't really know who started the Troll wars with the Humans and the Trolls, as far as I know.

Only if you're willing to entertain the notion that invading the lands of your neighbour, killing the locals and hunting them down for the next few thousand years doesn't count as starting a war.

As for the Mogu, the Zandalari are in a subordinate position now, sure, but we've no evidence of what their relationship was like before the Night Elves used the Well to blow up entire Troll empires then the world, then Zandalar fell below the waves.

It's not hard to imagine the Zandalari might have been in a far better position back when Trolls ruled the entire planet.

Over everyone else then yeah >_>

~Aeluron Lightsong

Hmm?

Are you saying the Zandalari ruled other peoples? Because we've no evidence there was anyone else on the planet to rule at that point. The only races confirmed to have existed back when the Trolls set up shop are the Trolls (duh), the Aqir, the Faceless and the Tauren, and there's no evidence (yet) the Trolls ever met the Tauren.
03/21/2013 09:32 AMPosted by Kellick

Hmm?

Are you saying the Zandalari ruled other peoples? Because we've no evidence there was anyone else on the planet to rule at that point. The only races confirmed to have existed back when the Trolls set up shop are the Trolls (duh), the Aqir, the Faceless and the Tauren, and there's no evidence (yet) the Trolls ever met the Tauren.

I'm assuming and I don't like doing that the Troll empire went the entire planet. At least that's the vibe I got from the Zandalari and...that War God dude from ToT saying it.

~Aeluron Lightsong
if trolls become pallies i will transfer horde

Depends if the Humans started doing that after they descended from Vrykul and landed on EK. It's just as likely in my mind the Trolls violently opposed and imposed forceful servitude on Humans who landed in the area.

Same for Dwarves who migrated to Khaz Modan.

If Trolls are hospitable and not fiercely territorial, then it stands to reason they'd make non-violent allegiances with those they encounter. They could have easily granted the High elves clemency and allowed them to build a home in northern Quel'thalas in exchange for their help against the humans in the south. Instead, the Trolls fought a war on two fronts.

1. I thought Zandalar was still there and only recently started sinking due to the Cataclysm?

2. Given the Mogu's disposition for subservience of all "lesser races" I find it very hard to believe the Mogu thought the Trolls were equals.

Trolls have a very tragic story for the most part, I'll give them that. I just wouldn't assume they're wholly innocent and that descriptions for them like "dark", "territorial" and "evil" aren't apt in many cases.
Ah. Why is it that Paladins are the most hotly contested class for who should get them?

I think it's actually kind of a toss up between Druids and Paladins on which is more hotly contested.
03/21/2013 09:32 AMPosted by Kellick

Hmm?

Didn't the Night elves rebel against the Zandalari? The armies the Zandalari sent to help with the mogu is what gave the Night elves the chance to successfully rebel. Or so I understand the remade lore of the Kaldoreis origin.
Didn't the Night elves rebel against the Zandalari? The armies the Zandalari sent to help with the mogu is what gave the Night elves the chance to successfully rebel. Or so I understand the remade lore of the Kaldoreis origin.

I think that was lore Omacron suggested on SoL but it was never actually made canon or appeared in game, so it's not conclusive.
03/21/2013 11:16 AMPosted by Kynrind

Hmm?

It apparently never came to cannon. It was one of those things that popped on the PTR and got datamined but never seen the light of day. Although I have to really ask why not if we're merging Night Elves and Troll culture into a whole bunch they might as well do it.

((Not I don't agree with it, better they just get on it with it then tease us))

~Aeluron Lightsong
Or so I understand the remade lore of the Kaldoreis origin.

This was speculated before MOP was released, but I can't remember what that premise was based on.

Either way, I don't believe anything like that is ever mentioned in the game. It is possible, at one point, Dark Trolls may have been subservient to Zandalar but even that is speculation.
03/21/2013 01:50 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
And so the thread degenerates into an endless stream of fan fiction on what races should be Paladins and such. Never mind what would actually fit and make sense by lore, just rule of cool.

I am of the opinion that any race with a Priest should have a Paladin. It is not hard for them to go "maybe I should be hitting things with swords while I channel this power", that's pretty much what Faol was thinking when he introduced the Silver Hand.

With night elves specifically, we've seen fighters use Elune's light in battle. Paladins are a logical next step for them.
I'm afraid I don't see the connection between Worgen and Shamans. There are those two in Ashenvale but I don't think they're where everyone is getting the idea...