Dual screens, is it still possible?

UI and Macro
So I have been doing allot of research into whether or not having a dual screen setup is still possible. As of yet, I have been unable to find a guide that is up to date.

And to clarify, what I am looking for is a setup similar to this:
http://wow.diebythearrow.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/dual-screen-jan11.jpg

Unfortunately, the only guides or methods I have been able to find are 2 or 3 years old! Are there any recent guides, and/or does anyone know how to accomplish this feat still?
Old guides will still work. The only thing that changes are your video drivers and consequently, resolutions. So the options menu when you're working nvidia or ati may differ a bit but everything still applies.
i attempted to do it, but im not seeing the resolution option (also im using windows 8, which may have something to do with it)

quite possibly im doing something wrong?
something like this, although this seems extreamly complicated.....

MUST FIND AN EASIER WAY.....

lol, and no, i have not tried this yet, but plan too.....
i was able to span the game in windowed mode via an out of game program called DisplayFusion. However, even when i use CT_viewport to limit the gameworld, all the toons look like they are out of a Megaman game (short and stocky)
I have a far easier idea for you.

Go out buy an ATI AMD card (ATI was bought out by amd) ATI 5k series, say a 5770 or any 67xx/77xx+ Card from AMD and turn on eyefinity, The game will see the res and bam problem solved its done and over with.
He doesn't want to stretch it across 2 screens in the way eyefinity does. He wants black screen on one with all the addons. There are no shortcuts with this.
Actually the best way to do this would be with eyefinity or nvidia surround.

I'm not entirely sure intel graphics support such a feat though
He doesn't want to stretch it across 2 screens in the way eyefinity does. He wants black screen on one with all the addons. There are no shortcuts with this.

Eyefinity and surround don't stretch, They create a new aspect ratio and the engine renders as defined by the resolution and aspect ratio.
Will it allows him to keep active game area on one screen is the question?
Will it allows him to keep active game area on one screen is the question?

There's only one WoW window and you need addons to load in WoW the picture he linked is WoW set in an eyefinity/surround resolution and uses a viewport addon to move the viewport over to the side.
Yes of course it's still wow else viewport wouldn't function (and neither would the addons) otherwise. Viewport will allow you game space on either side of the screen as big as you like but I wasn't sure eyefinity could do it without stretching the game area meaning even if you confined wow game area to one screen, the characters wouldn't come out stretched/distorted. I remember trying to do this once with an nvidia card on win7 and having no success.
Yes of course it's still wow else viewport wouldn't function (and neither would the addons) otherwise. Viewport will allow you game space on either side of the screen as big as you like but I wasn't sure eyefinity could do it without stretching the game area meaning even if you confined wow game area to one screen, the characters wouldn't come out stretched/distorted. I remember trying to do this once with an nvidia card on win7 and having no success.

It should work if you set WoW's resolution to something of the same aspect ratio.

Here's with and without a viewport addon
http://imgur.com/a/hIumm
Ah very cool. Would you be amenable to just posting a ss of your eyefinity/surround setup as well?
Ah very cool. Would you be amenable to just posting a ss of your eyefinity/surround setup as well?

I only have two moniters of vastly different resolutions only turned on eyefinity to show you really.

http://i.imgur.com/ROv5E4R.jpg
well thanks for all the help, i will have to try some of this once i get some free time!
well thanks for all the help, i will have to try some of this once i get some free time!

No problem
Ah I meant the eyefinity software setup but this made me smile :)