The Horde and Pandaria

Story Forum
This is what angries my blood, is that the horde will at the end get to say, "We were followiing orders" as if that is supposed to somehow make it all better.

It doesn't. The horde should pay for listening to their Thrall approved overlord.

It shouldn't. However, since we'll be going to Argus to fight the Burning Legion head-on, we have to forgive and forget because "we can't go it alone."

It is insulting.

Your going to be !@#$%ing a great deal over the coming months at any chance aren't you cause your almost certainly going to have this scenario happen.

Blame Blizzard for pushing the Horde into such jerk territory while keeping the alliance so clean and shiny. This war has been too one sided in who is in the wrong and who is acting like jerks from the very beginning.
You have my permission to leave anytime you want.

If not, sit back, relax, and get ready for the arguments.

Hey there Seebach, no need to be rude to a new person.
You have my permission to leave anytime you want.

If not, sit back, relax, and get ready for the arguments.

I'm not exactly new here. I've had to take about 6 month breaks due to college, but still thank you.
Yes, how dare I ask people to give objective information instead of going on pointless triads.

Yes indeed how dare you ask something of people that you have no control over. You asked, that's the best you could have even hoped for.

And its tirades. HTH

I did technically try. Then they started making ridiculous demands.

Blame Blizzard for pushing the Horde into such jerk territory while keeping the alliance so clean and shiny. This war has been too one sided in who is in the wrong and who is acting like jerks from the very beginning.

Didn't we already agree on this in another thread Trook?

This war has been extremely one sided on so many levels, not just who is wrong and who is right. However, we unfortunately play the cards we are dealt, which is sad for a videa game.

The difference is that the Hordes cards will change mid hand.

This is what angries my blood, is that the horde will at the end get to say, "We were followiing orders" as if that is supposed to somehow make it all better.

If you are talking about Horde Players, it's far more extreme than just "we were following orders". God (blizzard) FORCED them to be jerks with no choice in the matter whatsoever. Now God (blizzard) is FORCING them to rebel against Garrosh even if they wanted to still be on the jerk team they've been working for.
03/21/2013 04:09 PMPosted by Seebach
Yes, how dare I ask people to give objective information instead of going on pointless triads.

Yes indeed how dare you ask something of people that you have no control over. You asked, that's the best you could have even hoped for.

And its tirades. HTH

I did technically try. Then they started making ridiculous demands.

I don't see how ridiculous of a demand it is to answer a simple question without going into a pointless discussion. I could ask if the sky was blue and it would still come down to someone accusing a faction of being evil.
If you are talking about Horde Players, it's far more extreme than just "we were following orders". God (blizzard) FORCED them to be jerks with no choice in the matter whatsoever. Now God (blizzard) is FORCING them to rebel against Garrosh even if they wanted to still be on the jerk team they've been working for.

Compliance in Convenience.

I don't see how ridiculous of a demand it is to answer a simple question without going into a pointless discussion. I could ask if the sky was blue and it would still come down to someone accusing a faction of being evil.

That is a messed up sky that would cause someone to accuse a faction of being evil.

Also, the sky is grey right now.

Also, pointless(read: inconvenient) for whom?
Essentially, you are sent by Garrosh under the leadership of Nazgrim to secure the hidden continent in the name of the horde, and to strip everything of it for use in his war machine as they continue their genocidal rampage across Azeroth.

Some stuff happens, some things go down, and you are now killing in the name of Garrosh Hellscream, but then somehow pull a 180 after the fact becuase on no, he tried to assassinate the troll that has been committing high treason since 4.1.

Alliance players were sent to secure the land and return the Prince of Stormwind. Failed on every account and did nothing to prevent the Prince from escaping. What's your point? Players are ineffectual on the story in any capacity. Our place in the story are glorified placeholders.

If you're going to be rude to someone the actually wants to keep a thread on track then you should really reconsider your life choices that led you to that point.
It is pointless as the question was about the Horde quest line, how it relates to Garrosh's wishes, and their actions toward Pandaren. It is not about the Horde player base and how the Horde is evil. It is not about Alliance vs. Horde.

A suitable answer would be: Horde did [action] to the Pandaren in [location].

As Hammerlock said, the player character is a glorified placeholder. It is not the same person in lore. Our actions essentially translate to different groups of adventurers helping out major lore characters. Of course that is not always the case from a role-playing perspective.

EDIT: I suppose it would be about the Alliance and the Horde, if the quests involved them fighting.

The irony is a whole lot of Horde players want to serve Garrosh and be the invincible, belligerent aggressors they feel they should be. Blizz didn't take them into account I guess? They idea was they wanted Horde to take pause with the situation presented to them. They offered the Alliance one and only one similar experience during the purge of Dalaran. There are some whom only killed Sunreavers that attacked them, and others than massacred every last Blood Elf in the city.
As Hammerlock said

I wouldn't quote anything hammerlock says tbqh. After that debacle where he tried to agree with himself on his paladin, he lost all pretense of objectivity and credibility. That's why he's on ignore.

Same can be said for: Horde aspires to enslave Pandaria or crush it beneath its thumb, and horde players actually assisted in helping Garrosh realize his plans.

But then, all of a sudden, it changed when Dagger in the Dark came out. So willingly following Garrosh is now bad because he tried to kill the Troll.
03/21/2013 05:52 PMPosted by Seebach
As Hammerlock said

I wouldn't quote anything hammerlock says tbqh. After that debacle where he tried to agree with himself on his paladin, he lost all pretense of objectivity and credibility. That's why he's on ignore.

Same can be said for: Horde aspires to enslave Pandaria or crush it beneath its thumb, and horde players actually assisted in helping Garrosh realize his plans.

But then, all of a sudden, it changed when Dagger in the Dark came out. So willingly following Garrosh is now bad because he tried to kill the Troll.

You're assuming that people do every single quest and agree with every single objective set by their faction, instead of you know doing quests for seeing the story, items and exp. I can assure you that there are Horde players that actively hated doing Garrosh's bidding from the very start, but they had to do it in order to see the story. They don't get a choice to help the rebellion or not.

Like the point before, your character is a placeholder. Your character has no choice but to fight for the winning team of the story. It does what the man with the gold and the exp tells it to. Both Alliance characters and Horde characters follow this exact mindset. If there are two sides to a story, chances are you have to do quests for both sides if one isn't clearly established as the villain.

Even in the lore it's never stated exactly who did what major thing. It doesn't say "The same set of adventurers that killed C'Tun also stomped the Lich King and Deathwing". It's either an already establsihed organization, a group of RANDOM adventurers, or a combination of the two that kill the bad guy. Your character exists in name only.
Well the peace lasted longer then we all expected I think lol.
You're assuming that people do every single quest and agree with every single objective set by their faction, instead of you know doing quests for seeing the story, items and exp. I can assure you that there are Horde players that actively hated doing Garrosh's bidding from the very start, but they had to do it in order to see the story. They don't get a choice to help the rebellion or not.

You are officially late to the party.

Here is your hat, your noise maker, and your complimentary cinnamon buns, though they are cold now.

I don't assume people do every single quest, however, if you are going to frequent these forums, you should so that you have a good idea of what it is you are talking about, otherwise, you are may not have the qualifications to argue (and may reduce the overall argument with subjective fan wank).

To the bulk of the quote at hand. Just becuase you did it to experience the story means that guess what, you are the nameless cog in the machine that assisted in bringing us to "X" where X is the end of the story. This is one of the many egregious errors blizzard has committed for mop - namely, revealing the ending. By doing so, it now disassociates players from the general story, because now we know that in the end, X is going to happen.

For us, Garrosh is going to be dethroned, and this is somehow going to allow someone else to step in and re-evaluate the horde, and in doing so, wipe their previous slate clean. It is highly doubtful that anyone aside from Garrosh, and his 7-13 other raid bosses will pay for what has happened during the events of this hordes inception, and so the horde will get off totally scott-free. Instead, Alliance players will be forced to once again, take a BIG bite of that !@#$ sandwich we call "plot device" and smile, as we boldly (and begrudginly) have to accept the fact that we have to ally with the horde once again in order to take down the next big threat.

You say that the Horde doesn't have a choice in the matter of doing it because its the story. Well guess what, the Alliance is in the same boat, don't make it sound like its exclusively a horde issue.
03/21/2013 07:10 PMPosted by Seebach

You are officially late to the party.

Here is your hat, your noise maker, and your complimentary cinnamon buns, though they are cold now.

I don't assume people do every single quest, however, if you are going to frequent these forums, you should so that you have a good idea of what it is you are talking about, otherwise, you are may not have the qualifications to argue (and may reduce the overall argument with subjective fan wank).

To the bulk of the quote at hand. Just becuase you did it to experience the story means that guess what, you are the nameless cog in the machine that assisted in bringing us to "X" where X is the end of the story. This is one of the many egregious errors blizzard has committed for mop - namely, revealing the ending. By doing so, it now disassociates players from the general story, because now we know that in the end, X is going to happen.

For us, Garrosh is going to be dethroned, and this is somehow going to allow someone else to step in and re-evaluate the horde, and in doing so, wipe their previous slate clean. It is highly doubtful that anyone aside from Garrosh, and his 7-13 other raid bosses will pay for what has happened during the events of this hordes inception, and so the horde will get off totally scott-free. Instead, Alliance players will be forced to once again, take a BIG bite of that !@#$ sandwich we call "plot device" and smile, as we boldly (and begrudginly) have to accept the fact that we have to ally with the horde once again in order to take down the next big threat.

You say that the Horde doesn't have a choice in the matter of doing it because its the story. Well guess what, the Alliance is in the same boat, don't make it sound like its exclusively a horde issue.

I did not mean to imply that the Alliance does not suffer the same thing. Which is why I clearly stated:

Both Alliance and Horde characters follow this exact mindset

And I know our characters are just cogs in the machine. I don't know what "It does what the man with the gold and exp tells it to." would otherwise imply.

Also why is it a bad thing that we have to work together? Do you honestly expect that the Alliance will be dragging the Horde around like a whipped dog after the Rebellion is over? It might happen, maybe it might not happen. No one knows what's going to happen after the rebellion. All of the solutions and endings so far have been fan wank based on cynicism and not actual confirmations by the devs.
A plot device is what keeps this story from ending. Be it the next big threat, deus ex machina, or whatever. Realistically if it were us RL humans in the Horde's position, we'd keep that Blight and Mana Bomb and make more and Blight Ashenvale into a gooey pulp. We'd have that cannon in Bligewater firing at Stormwind. Cruel wouldn't even begin to describe the stuff we'd do.
Far from "painting the continent red"... aside from the initial opening few series of quests where battling the Alliance is mandatory to make an escape from some seriously flawed Command Decisions *and i swear, Blizz had to have gotten their plot line from the Evil Overlord's Handbook *The main crux of the Horde quests after 5.1 is, to be rather simplistic, "Hellscream is a douchenozzle" and "how can we kill this guy and get Thrall back?" As Sun Tzu stated, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer". The first scenario of 5.1 is about the Horde Players taking part in armed insurrection against elements of Hellscream's demented sycophants. They try and kill Zul'Jin, so we happily wax their collective posteriors... then enter into a sortta Jones-inian pact with the aforementioned *and seriously wounded* Troll to find a way to overthrow Hellscream and correct the direction of the Horde back from "Stand with the Horde or be crushed beneath it!" to what it was under the firm yet fair hand of Thrall... more of a "leave us alone and we'll stop ripping your ears off and using them for wind chimes" And, until 5.2 and Thunder Island, the vast majority of quests entail us to bash bugs, cows and the occasional wayward Sha emanations. Just my take on it so far. And Horde is all i have played. Alliance just feels a little too... slimy. Anything that would ally itself with a Gnome MUST be assimilated. *lol*
Unless someone has accurate statistics I think its a waste of time to say what horde players want. My experiance is the overwhelming majority of Horde players have hated Garrosh since Cata if not Wrath and were rather miffed that he got shoved down our throats as a new Warchief.

However different players will have different views. There are Garrosh supporters among the Horde. This is the reality of large playerbases. You will see similar differences in what Alliance players want out of their faction.

One issue Ive found is many horde players Ive played with dont have the same agro invested in the alliance being the enemy that the alliance has towards the horde. Most dont sympathise with Garrosh cause they have never really ever been given a reason to. Definately, alliance players are far more emotionally invested in this conflict.
Unless someone has accurate statistics I think its a waste of time to say what horde players want. My experiance is the overwhelming majority of Horde players have hated Garrosh since Cata if not Wrath and were rather miffed that he got shoved down our throats as a new Warchief.

If you'd like some informal statistics, last time I killed Garrosh far more Horde players /cheered our raid than attacked us.
lol it's seems to be either Dorcy or that lvl 25 B elf wanker or Suraia who always turn threads into faction wanks.