The real problem with cc in battlegrounds

Battlegrounds
This. OP needs to try healing before commenting, or at least reading the patch notes/ abilities he's talking about.

in regular bg's most healers either don't dispel at all or are complete idiots with what they dispel, and healers aren't the only ones with access to dispels
nobody cares about what you do as an individual

posting on alts in your own thread. so pro.

there is a purpose in posting on one of his alts

03/21/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Rauri
Don't get !@#$%y with me for not equating your monk with your OP on your druid right off the bat.

you could try actually reading the thread instead of mongoloid posting, it was literally the third post
I'm not sure what you hope to accomplish here. The people who don't know how to dispell are likely not people who frequent the forums
I play resto main spec, mistweaver, resto shaman, warlock and disc priest.

Nice constructive post though you must be pro.

And if you look at recount dispells a healer will do maybe 3 in an entire battleground.
Cya nerdxx
also how can a boomkin tunnel vision when you are cycloning, off healing teammates, multidotting, Vortex beaming groups, and rooting melee.

cuz 1750 is hard, and pushing moonfire 500 times a game with a couple rejuvs is r1 world. You should probably not post anymore. like ever.
03/21/2013 03:18 PMPosted by Coachamathy
This. OP needs to try healing before commenting, or at least reading the patch notes/ abilities he's talking about.

in regular bg's most healers either don't dispel at all or are complete idiots with what they dispel, and healers aren't the only ones with access to dispels
nobody cares about what you do as an individual

posting on alts in your own thread. so pro.

there is a purpose in posting on one of his alts

03/21/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Rauri
Don't get !@#$%y with me for not equating your monk with your OP on your druid right off the bat.

you could try actually reading the thread instead of mongoloid posting, it was literally the third post

And no where do they claim to be the OP. It could very well have been someone who agreed with them being disagreeable.

I did read it, and took it as just that, someone supporting the OP and being rude. After the next reply I realized it was alt posting.

Don't be a jerk.

As to healers being idiots about what they dispel, I dispel the same people I heal. Myself, and people who peel for me first. Dps who don't are low priority.

SS of all the cyclones/ knockbacks/ etc you do for healers and maybe we'll believe you're more worthy than most pugs are of dispels/ heals. But more than likely your the usual boomkin: tunnel a dps on the other team, ignore your healer being killed by 2-3 of their dps and complain you need more buffs when the dps you are tunneling is being healed by 2 heals on the other side.

I can hear it now. "Our healers are so bad, they are below me and heals and the horde/ alliance healers are so PRO."
There pretty much 3 outcomes to dispelling people in pvp now:

1. I dispel someone and have 8 seconds before I can dispel anyone else
2. I dispel someone and eat a fear for removing the shadow priest dots
3. I dispel someone and eat a silence for removing the warlock's UA

In 2 of the 3 situations I lose control of my character for trying to give you control of yours back. When this happens I am unable to keep anyone else alive. I would rather keep control of my character so that I can continue to keep people alive. There are generally alot more DPS than there are healers. Your 6 seconds of DPS time out of the fight generally doesn't have as much of an impact as 6 seconds of your healer's.
There are exceptions to this and it is all just a judgement call at the time.

Ty for saying this i wanted to so bad.
Quote:

In 2 of the 3 situations I lose control of my character for trying to give you control of yours back. When this happens I am unable to keep anyone else alive. I would rather keep control of my character so that I can continue to keep people alive. There are generally alot more DPS than there are healers. Your 6 seconds of DPS time out of the fight generally doesn't have as much of an impact as 6 seconds of your healer's.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what I take from your comment is that you can't do anything for anyone else for fear of becoming CC'd yourself. Now don't get me wrong, I am not criticizing your dispelling priorities; I'm just wondering if this is an indication that CC's in this game has gotten out of hand? I can't begin to tell you how frustrating it is to spend your whole fight dazed, stunned, feared while the ridiculous trinket they offer is on cooldown.
You do know that dispel has a CD..so you can't spam it like you use to. Seems like Blizzard way to fix PvP is to raise the amount of CC and lower the amount of ways to get out of them.
Often times, OP, in randoms you have few healers for lots of not all that geared dps, or we ourselves aren't totally geared. Basically the result is that we get overworked trying to just keep people alive, getting anyone (that isn't a healer) out of a CC comes second to keeping people alive. The CD, combined with UA and VT and pressures toward using our precious globals on heals mean that we don't throw out as many as we would in an RBG because in an RBG you have other healers to cover the missed GCDs, you have dps that actually peel and you have a general coordination advantage that pushes the fight outcomes away from raw dps and healing and more toward utility and CC.

TL;DR: Triage. RBGs/Arenas are a different animal than random BGs, it's more efficient for us to just heal in a random (on average).
I try to dispel when I can, but guess what happens 90% of the time when I do?

I dispel and get hit with a 2 second fear or 5 second silence. Oh yay... more cc....
http://i.imgur.com/oMIRy.jpg

Ty for saying this i wanted to so bad.

I can't believe people would support this foolishness.
Dispel.

Eight-second cooldown.

I keep you alive, don't complain, I'm doing what I can.
I can;t believe you think you know what is right or wrong... As a healer there have been more times where im looking at a list wondering "Should I dispell that? oh great better heal real fast.. ok now do I want to dispell that? ok 5 sec silence... no heals out.... as a druid its a bit better as I got HoT's out there.... ok... I'll take the 2 secs fear then... oh crap prot warrior with SS just two hit me.... don't matter now"
Of course there is way too much cc in the game currently.

But about 90% of dps in battlegrounds from my own experience, do not peel anything for healers and let you be trained by 3 melee dps while running right past you.

Mages dont peel
Warlocks dont peel
Spriest dont peel
BOOMKINS dont peel

I sit in stun after kidney after strangulate trying to heal you and no one can seem to peel or have enough situational awareness because they are too busy tunnel visioning.

Start peeling %^-* people, it's not exactly glad level play.
http://i.imgur.com/oMIRy.jpg

lol'd