Next Expansion, Ingame hints at Outland again

Story Forum
Just getting a feel for what everyone else thinks but it seems pretty obvious.
In game, even on the log in loading screen since end uf Cata/beginningMoP, it talks about Turalyon and Alleria who both disappeared in Outland. Chris Metzen has quoted that we are going to need their help in the future.
Sargeras has been talked about as the biggest baddie in WoW as an evil Titan.

Anybody have any other ideas/evidence?

As for the next class, my vote is Demon Hunter. One of the monk trainers in Kun-Lai mentions that he always wanted to be a demon hunter. It would also 90% wear mail as only 2 classes do at the moment, so keeping that in mind for options!

Would love to hear some thoughts!
03/21/2013 02:57 PMPosted by Mercruxio
As for the next class, my vote is Demon Hunter. One of the monk trainers in Kun-Lai mentions that he always wanted to be a demon hunter.
it's just a tongue-in-cheek joke. Take it with a grain of salt lol. There was a lot more demon hunter lore in Cata than in MoP. Us needing Alleria and Turalyon's help doesn't mean "they really know how to fight demons now so they are coming to help", it could merely have to do with stabilizing the Eastern Kingdoms following the Siege of Orgrimmar and what is hopefully an end of faction war in Kalimdor.
Demon hunter, level 68 Hero class starts at black temple under Illidian, Illdian also shows you how he will fake his death at the end of the zone.

Also inb4 anyone says you have to wear a kilt. Illidian isn't wearing a kilt.

inb4 a lot of classes have DH abilities, I a warlock lost my death coil because Death knights had it first, I also lost mana drain,Demonic charge, and a lot of other abilities that just happened to dissapear...

Also priest lost mana burn, hint hint.
mana burns were removed because of game mechanics, not lore changes. They will not return
I remember the little quest in Darkshore where you got a book about how to be a Shadow Hunter and you gave it to the night elfs.

Though since it was in Cata. (Where Vashj'ir's story never ended and the Deathwing human model was used just in one questline where it was obvious it was a made up story) I doubt anything will happen with it.
I remember the little quest in Darkshore where you got a book about how to be a Shadow Hunter and you gave it to the night elfs.

Though since it was in Cata. (Where Vashj'ir's story never ended and the Deathwing human model was used just in one questline where it was obvious it was a made up story) I doubt anything will happen with it.
It's a Demon Hunter, not a "Shadow Hunter". There was a bit more in Felwood and Blasted Lands regarding Demon Hunters.
While I'm sure some of the themes from Outland will be revisited, we'll probably not return to Outland for any significant length of time.

I'm actually guessing Argus is the most likely location for the next expansion. Mostly because it's one of the few instantly recognizable Burning Legion worlds (the only other one being Xoroth), but there are other reasons.

One unusual point is that Blizzard has been using a fundamentally flawed argument on why the Draenei have had such a limited involvement in WoW lore after the end of BC. Specifically they tend to refer to how the Draenei don't have an established civilization or any ancient ruins on Azeroth. Which, while technically true, doesn't consider the fact that, for example, the Blood Elves, despite having absolutely nothing to do with Pandaria, have probably been one of the most significant races in the scope of 5.1/5.2.

While there are more cynical expansions, I chose to believe that the reason for this argument is that Blizzard is currently developing an expansion with tons of ancient Draenei ruins. The one place that can be? Argus.
To be honest I doubt we'll be going back just to outland. I'd think we'd be going to Argus to take the attack to the legion if they were to attack.

Free the space-goat home world that way we can have ours back!

Also for the shadow hunter / demon hunter thing if you find yourself baffled have a look at these:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Shadow_Hunter

http://www.wowpedia.org/Demon_Hunter

While they both favor the same types of weaponry, they are quite different from one another. One is spiritual while the other delves in the fel arts and demonology.
Before the world overhaul a lot in the game pointed to an Emerald Dream expansion. Guess what happened with that.
There still is the chance of an Emerald Dream expansion, seeing as how we've yet to deal with N'zoth and he's supposed to be the one creating the *Nightmare" so to speak. I'd say if it's done that way though it'll be a fairly short expansion or just a carry over project until a major expansion ships.

It's a Demon Hunter, not a "Shadow Hunter". There was a bit more in Felwood and Blasted Lands regarding Demon Hunters.
Got confused, it is a Demon Hunter book in Darkshore.
There is no point in revisting Outland. There is no point in revamping outland either.

Free the space-goat home world that way we can have ours back!
Argus after 25000 years of Burning Legion squatting wouldn't be a home for anyone other than a demon. If it still exists. Orcs are welcome to go back to Outland if they *really* want to. BUt seeing as how the near future for the entire shattered remnant is to turn into Netherstorm, u sure u wanna live there? the Draenei live on Azeroth and that needs to be made clear.

*shudders* so do orcs
One unusual point is that Blizzard has been using a fundamentally flawed argument on why the Draenei have had such a limited involvement in WoW lore after the end of BC. Specifically they tend to refer to how the Draenei don't have an established civilization or any ancient ruins on Azeroth. Which, while technically true, doesn't consider the fact that, for example, the Blood Elves, despite having absolutely nothing to do with Pandaria, have probably been one of the most significant races in the scope of 5.1/5.2.

I alway's thought that Northrend would have been an awesome place for the Draenei to shine. But seeing it wasn't really the case,

The Expansion after MoP for would be either, Argus or Other Remnants of Draenor, Or Azshara expansion pack.
I just want either playable Arakkoa or Jinyu for the Alliance. Horde can have Ogres or something.
I just want either playable Arakkoa or Jinyu for the Alliance. Horde can have Ogres or something.

I definitely think Blizzard introduced the Jinyu specifically to have an aquatic-themed race that could plausibly become playable in the future. As it stands most aquatic races either have technical problems (such as Naga being monopeds) or are just an existing race with fins (such as the Gilblins). While the Jinyu technically use the male night elf skeleton, there's no lore reason for this to be the case since they aren't related to Night Elves.

However an aquatic-themed race would only be introduced in an aquatic-themed expansion, which certainly will not be the case if we are going to Argus next. But they are a race I absolutely believe will become playable should WoW continue on to the long term.
However an aquatic-themed race would only be introduced in an aquatic-themed expansion, which certainly will not be the case if we are going to Argus next. But they are a race I absolutely believe will become playable should WoW continue on to the long term.

I am patient enough.

I think the most plausible case for Jinyu in such an expansion is how well defined their culture is and how they have their own architectural style that could easily fit there.
I think jinyu and naga should be the future races, jinyu ally and naga being horde
bringing back both outlands and mixing MOP
I hope its exploring a universe that is opposite of ours. Draenor ends up fine, but azeroth ends up being taken over by the legion. (they lose WC3) and we have to go in and stop their legion and various versions of fel azerothian natives.
that necro may have been large, but for once i agree with it, because the maker of this thread technically called it.