Looking to re-roll. Frost Mage vs Ele Shaman

Arenas
Looking for advice, not flame wars. I know Frost Mage's are pretty strong ATM but Elementals have become increasingly popular.

Thanks for any feedback.
I can't think of a season mages weren't viable.

Its a pretty good investment even if you only plan on doing bgs on it.
If you're worried about how well you class can do you should really just play a warlock.

If you're going on a season-by-season basis, play a shadow priest.
I can't think of a season mages weren't viable.

Its a pretty good investment even if you only plan on doing bgs on it.

Thanks for the reply. I'm a melee only kind of guy so this whole "casting" realm is going to take some getting used to. I have all the heirlooms for a mage so I plan to reroll one next time I'm on. One question I do have is in regards to BG's. I have heard a lot of complaining about getting smashed when a Warrior or other melee class gets on you. Is this true? I would venture to guess you could easily just Frost Nova and Blink away correct?
Elementals have become increasingly popular.

???
I have heard a lot of complaining about getting smashed when a Warrior or other melee class gets on you. Is this true? I would venture to guess you could easily just Frost Nova and Blink away correct?
Yes you have plenty of tools to get away from melee, blazing speed is also very fun in bgs.

Can't tell you how many blazing speed/slowfall escapes i've had.
blazing speed is also very fun in bgs.

I finally saw this ability in action and I have to say I am in shock that blizzard gave it to mages.
just go ele. Keyturners and S keyers will never leave you alone for being a mage

Oh no, woe is you for being god tier in pvp!
I'm deeply sympathetic to the plight of the frost mage, as I'm sure we all are.
03/21/2013 07:38 PMPosted by Xyril
I'm deeply sympathetic to the plight of the frost mage, as I'm sure we all are.

you just keep proving my point idiot

Plays on a real bg, achieved higher ratings then you.
But is an idiot.
Okay.
well this is an easy question, would you rather jump around spamming instant cast 70k spells being near unkillable, or would you rather die in the opener?
Lava burst can also crit upwards of 30-40k.

Every.

Single.

Time.
Lava burst can also crit upwards of 30-40k.

Every.

Single.

Time.

is that a good crit or something? no cds icelance crits for over 50.
frost mages were tolerable in s10 and 11 to me. was op in duels but i was ok with that. dmg wasnt as high