Oondasta Health Nerf

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 10 11 12
Nothing in the main world of Warcraft should be a "Guild Only" thing. I am glad that Oondasta proved that point to the wow developers.

Enjoyed downing him for the first time last night with about 80 players and we wiped a lot but it was fun. Would really suck if WOW only allowed Guilds to fight him.

also, not all guilds nowadays have 40 plus players doing nothing but PVE raids.
You have smaller guilds that only do PVP together and your on your own for raiding which is why the Raid finder is soooo Good. It allows us to raid as well for PVE gear that allows us to see the content and have descent PVE gear for questing.

In the history of Warcraft Guilds were mainly a ponze scheme. While the top members of the guild got their gear and used other lower guildies to add bulk to a raid and they never really got there gear cause once the top players would get theirs they didnt need to raid anymore leaving the lower members half geared and looking for pickup raids to finish out. I used to love those pickup raids as I never have been in a guild doing end raids mainly.

I do see the challenge raids being a bit discriminatory requiring a full guild and having the same ponze scheme raid mentality but it doesnt matter to me because PVP gear is awarded by a much better system of individual rewards as opposed to PVE gear which you never need in a PVP fight anyways.

Please stop presenting a wholly negative experience of organized group content as empirical evidence for the failure of the guild system. The problems you suggest are with people, not the game's infrastructure; one of those people being yourself with your over-emphasis on gear distribution over the value of actually being able to see the challenging content. Note I said challenging, which kinda leaves out LFR sorry. =(

What may I ask is sooooo challenging about a Warcraft Raid? They are all basically the same just different graphics.
1.) you spam DPS and kill trash
2.) Tank controls the boss and everyone DPS it down while healers heal

3.) on an occasional raid you have to do something like throw a spear at a mob to cc it since no one can CC especially a rogue designed to CC originally. Pick up a bomb and throw it at the boss or kick a dead turtle.
Or run of a platform before it drops, oh joy. or kite the boss instead of just stand still.

( have I left anything out)

That is it that is all you have to know.
The only reason I even step into a raid is to be bored spamming DPS until i get a boss drop for a piece of gear other than that it is pretty boring.

PVP on the other hand is a contest between you and other players trying to kill you. It is different every single battle, you never know what to fully expect, it is random and can be exciting.

If they ever let me draw up a plan for a raid you would certainly find it Challenging because you would have to do more than kill trash then down a boss or deal with some gadget mechanic while killing trash or downing the boss.

It would be a raid where you need more than just tanks healers and the rest DPS
You would need someone from every class because if you were missing a shaman or a druid or a rogue or a warlock or any other class your gonna wipe cause at some point in the raid they will be needed to do something besides Just being another DPS. For example I would have mobs that only a warlock could kill or a mob that a priest actually has to heal while the boss is trying to kill it cause that mob is healing the raid not the healers the raid would be immune to healers heals. Things like that would be more interesting in my opinion and more Challenging than what wow has ever given us.
If they ever let me draw up a plan for a raid you would certainly find it Challenging because you would have to do more than kill trash then down a boss or deal with some gadget mechanic while killing trash or downing the boss.

You would need someone from every class because if you were missing a shaman or a druid or a rogue or a warlock or any other class your gonna wipe cause at some point in the raid they will be needed to do something besides Just being another DPS. For example I would have mobs that only a warlock could kill or a mob that a priest actually has to heal while the boss is trying to kill it cause that mob is healing the raid not the healers the raid would be immune to healers heals. Things like that would be more interesting in my opinion and more Challenging than what wow has ever given us.

the first challenge to that would be to find a group that qualified... that would stop most people before they ever got to try the instance.
Am I in the minority of thinking that prenerf Oondasta should get an achievement or FOS?
He was an incredibly epic experience, and it really felt like you accomplished something killing him. I am going to seriously miss that feeling. Several I have spoken to about this same line of thought have all said the same thing to me.
As it stands now, while its an entirely good thing that they put the squash on crz for him and its no longer a roll of the dice for a server crash, hes easily popped and the epic feel of the battle is gone. I love that jpg of Oondasta in China, where they have to use tombstones for players due to not being able to show skeletons. Its nothing short of epic.
Am I in the minority of thinking that prenerf Oondasta should get an achievement or FOS?

A FoS for lagging the boss so badly it didn't use any of it's mechanics while 150 people exploited the cliff to GY zerg him?
Just noticed that Oondasta's health has been reduced to 436 million, 50% nerf from his 872 million.

Are other servers seeing the same numbers?

If so, lol heroic world boss.

They had to cut it because it was causing server problems with so many people in one place at the same time.
The new Oondasta seems to be working out. Server's not crashing, still mountains of corpses, but he's dying. Still a relatively fun experience.
Nothing in the main world of Warcraft should be a "Guild Only" thing. I am glad that Oondasta proved that point to the wow developers.

Enjoyed downing him for the first time last night with about 80 players and we wiped a lot but it was fun. Would really suck if WOW only allowed Guilds to fight him.

also, not all guilds nowadays have 40 plus players doing nothing but PVE raids.
You have smaller guilds that only do PVP together and your on your own for raiding which is why the Raid finder is soooo Good. It allows us to raid as well for PVE gear that allows us to see the content and have descent PVE gear for questing.

In the history of Warcraft Guilds were mainly a ponze scheme. While the top members of the guild got their gear and used other lower guildies to add bulk to a raid and they never really got there gear cause once the top players would get theirs they didnt need to raid anymore leaving the lower members half geared and looking for pickup raids to finish out. I used to love those pickup raids as I never have been in a guild doing end raids mainly.

I do see the challenge raids being a bit discriminatory requiring a full guild and having the same ponze scheme raid mentality but it doesnt matter to me because PVP gear is awarded by a much better system of individual rewards as opposed to PVE gear which you never need in a PVP fight anyways.

Please stop presenting a wholly negative experience of organized group content as empirical evidence for the failure of the guild system. The problems you suggest are with people, not the game's infrastructure; one of those people being yourself with your over-emphasis on gear distribution over the value of actually being able to see the challenging content. Note I said challenging, which kinda leaves out LFR sorry. =(

What may I ask is sooooo challenging about a Warcraft Raid? They are all basically the same just different graphics.
1.) you spam DPS and kill trash
2.) Tank controls the boss and everyone DPS it down while healers heal

3.) on an occasional raid you have to do something like throw a spear at a mob to cc it since no one can CC especially a rogue designed to CC originally. Pick up a bomb and throw it at the boss or kick a dead turtle.
Or run of a platform before it drops, oh joy. or kite the boss instead of just stand still.

( have I left anything out)

That is it that is all you have to know.
The only reason I even step into a raid is to be bored spamming DPS until i get a boss drop for a piece of gear other than that it is pretty boring.

PVP on the other hand is a contest between you and other players trying to kill you. It is different every single battle, you never know what to fully expect, it is random and can be exciting.

And no one would ever do that content.
I never saw a server crash because of this encounter. I never even saw a slow down and I don't have a top of the line computer by far. The last time I killed him we had 5 40 man groups going at him. I don't see where the problem was.