Should i start over?

New Player Help and Guides
I have been thinking of starting over and selling everything on all my characters. Just because.i Haven't played in like 2 years and I'm pretty sure my stuff is gone or my character are so out of date that it would be hard to get back into things, Without butthole people giving me a hard time. I have been playing since cata and stopped.
Everyone is going to have an adjustment period with the Mists changes, and your gear will be replaced and updated naturally through the 85-90 leveling process (assuming that's what you plan to do).

I would at the very least give it a try, and even if it's not clicking for you right away, don't sell all your stuff - at least not the equipment on the character. You may want to play it again later, and being naked is not a great place to re-start. After all, you spent the time getting to 85; why waste it?

As far as 'butthole people', they'll be out there no matter who you are or how you play - it's an unfortunate truth. You'll never please everyone - just do your best and have fun!
I'm staring over, haven't played since my characters were BC level, and I'm loving it. Even with no heirlooms, quests go fast, I'm never in one spot for to long, even on a pvp server the ganking isn't terrible. Pick a class that looks fun nd go for it!
You're geared fine for starting Pandaria, and it's only five levels to the new cap. You aren't out of date at all, just behind by a few patches, which is totally reasonable.

Not much changed between expansions either, some abilities were swapped around and talents were simplified, and stat priorities are a little different, but you can browse the class and role forums for specifics. The initial upgrades will mainly just be for ilevel, and there are dungeon runs on Youtube if you want to check up on any notable mechanics. It's not difficult to be caught up with everyone by 90.

03/23/2013 06:54 AMPosted by Mightpally
I'm pretty sure my stuff is gone

Why would it be gone? If your account was compromised, there are a few things to do in order to make it secure again, and you should be able to recover anything that was lost.
There is a certain joy in having a brand new character at level 1 with no gold and no items.
There is a certain joy in having a brand new character at level 1 with no gold and no items.

I can't deny that with the ridiculous amount of toons I've made, but there's still no reason to give up on a character you have that's high level. That's what alts are for.
Going through the MoP continent should give you enough knowledge on how to play your character again along with better gear. If you try it and find out you would rather re-roll, still keep your high level toon to maybe help farm for stuff for your new toon (Mats, Gold, ect..)

And there's another joy in reaching the level cap with a toon you've had long enough to completely fill both the regular bank and void storage with mementos of the journey.

However, both pale when compared to the joy that is a plate piled with bacon.
Thanks guys for the input that's what i was planning on doing is keeping this toon but all my other toons i have get rid off and start fresh. I have a lvl 85 mage and couple other ones too. Also i think my stuff is gone just because i see that there is a character i have never made before on there so idk
Also i think my stuff is gone just because i see that there is a character i have never made before on there so idk

Probably wouldn't hurt then to make sure your account hasn't been compromised. This should get you started:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/account-compromise-what-to-do
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/932784008
being naked is not a great place to re-start

But it's not too bad. I trashed everything and gave away my gold right before Firelands came out. Came back in the last months of Cata -- within the month I was tanking Heroic DS.

I've toyed with this so many times. The last time I started with a blank slate was one weekend during TBC when I decided I was going to start a guild of all Dwarves. Picked a new server and made a little Dwarven Priest.

At this point in my relationship with WoW, I think I'd have to get divorced and laid off from my job before I could get myself to start with a blank slate again.