A Brave New World (Nation RP OOC/Sign Ups)

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
But, I'm thinking of going for the role of 'superpower' this time around. :)

Take a card. XD

I chose Skettis because it has a huge tactical advantage with the fact that there is no way into the valley besides an aerial assault and the native arrakoa should be relatively easy to conquer after prolonged hammering from the skygaurd and players.
And as for unreasonable power so close to the beginning, I wasn't sure at which point in the thread this description should be coming from.
Changes will be made if find my reasoning unreasonable.

I understand that Skettis has a nice tactical advantage, but that's why I'm hessitant on giving it to you XD, the Arrakoa would probably be able to defend their home. If you don't like Area 52, why not one of the Eco Domes in Netherstorm? Sorry If I'm being annoying, but I just really want a full on Arakkoa reclamation thing going on with Skettis.

However, I do have a question. Is this your first Nation RP? If so, like I said, I'd consider rolling with a more traditional nation, not necessarily completely without technology, but more along the lines of Ashoc's nation. Having a Nation that's complete Shtick is technology would be hard to do even for me. Of course its your decision and I'll se what you do with a revised sign up.

Also, the description of your nation can come from any point, mine for example is at the very beggining, a kind of bare bones start that I can work from, while Ashoc's is coming from a little ways down the line (Considering he has a Navy when he doesn't even border an Ocean XD)
You know, I just posted in the other thread, and COMPLETELY missed this....like a derp.

Reserved till I decide whether or not I want to make Blood elf nation or Highborne.
Take a card. XD

Will do. I just need to write the history, it'll be done after my lecture!
You know, I just posted in the other thread, and COMPLETELY missed this....like a derp.

Reserved till I decide whether or not I want to make Blood elf nation or Highborne.

Hey Lia, you're purpler than I remember! Personally Blood Elf makes more sense, but another interesting idea would be a High Elven nation based out of Allerian Stronghold. Your choice!

03/24/2013 05:50 PMPosted by Fluency
Take a card. XD

Will do. I just need to write the history, it'll be done after my lecture!

Looking forward to it!
Location changed, but I'd like to try my hand at technology and if I fail I'll allow my kingdom to be destroyed.
Location changed, but I'd like to try my hand at technology and if I fail I'll allow my kingdom to be destroyed.

Haha, I doubt It'll come to that, but your sign up looks good regardless. Just a quick thing though, which Island of Netherstorm are you on? Also if you want to incorporate one of the Netherstorm Forge Camps into your territory, that'd be fine. Welcome Aboard!
K, I'll put up an island as soon as I can get back onto the game and check the maps.
Just a quick question before I post my sign-up. While I was originally going NE only, can I change it to NE/small amount of treants and dryads/keepers of the grove? I just figured it would make sense for the Kaldorei to evacuate at least a handful of them too, though I imagine the majority would want to stay, being so connected to the land and all.

If no one else wants them of course.
That's perfectly fine
03/24/2013 06:05 PMPosted by Zorbak

Haha, I doubt It'll come to that, but your sign up looks good regardless. Just a quick thing though, which Island of Netherstorm are you on? Also if you want to incorporate one of the Netherstorm Forge Camps into your territory, that'd be fine. Welcome Aboard!

Yeah don't worry if it gets crazy the Legion will come in and stomp everything. :D
Yeah don't worry if it gets crazy the Legion will come in and stomp everything. :D

Yay insurance policy!
Hey Lia, you're purpler than I remember! Personally Blood Elf makes more sense, but another interesting idea would be a High Elven nation based out of Allerian Stronghold. Your choice!

Yesh!

Here's what happened....

I was walkin' through Ashenvale, roight? And I walk pass this giant tree. I was like "You know what? I'm gonna hug this tree, just cause!" So I go to hug it, roight? And suddenly...I through THROUGH it!

So I was flying through this weird mystical thing with giant cats, rabbits birds, frigin rainbows and trees an all that fun stuff, and when I came out of the other side of the tree, I was a Nigh Elf.

Was just like "Seems legit" And walked off......

Silliness aside, I race changed cause Horde side RP was gettin' rather...small, imo.

Also I WOULD go back to Blood elves again, just cause I know how to work with them and all that fun stuff, but I was thinking...why be original? Let's make them all dark and stuff and use Shadow magic and have creatures from the Void help their armies. Kind of like a Darker version of Eversong...however that would need your clearance, so I will await your judgement (Pretty much, they gonna be Chaotic Neutral and all that jazz.)

So...YEA! If that don't work, I might have High Elves and Blood elves work together again cause of reasons.
Any ideas where a good location for a goblin-sponsored "safe haven" (or place-for-contractural-slavery in layman's terms)? Thinking about trying for all the worst parts of goblin society and values.

Or I could be trying to recreate Venice, I'm not sure.
Well Ankorren, the only place I can readily think of is Area 52, the only Goblin Settlement in Outland, but you could have a group of Goblin settlements anywhere I suppose.

And Lia that sounds awesome, we need more native races so an Illidari type nation in Shadowmoon valley would be awesome, as it seems to me what you're going for. Also they have Night Elves, and Blood Elves.

In other news I can't tell if I'm a native nation or a refugee nation though XD
Well Ankorren, the only place I can readily think of is Area 52, the only Goblin Settlement in Outland, but you could have a group of Goblin settlements anywhere I suppose.

And Lia that sounds awesome, we need more native races so an Illidari type nation in Shadowmoon valley would be awesome, as it seems to me what you're going for. Also they have Night Elves, and Blood Elves.

In other news I can't tell if I'm a native nation or a refugee nation though XD

Well I was about to say I could use Tempest Keep as a city, and just expand it. But then again....Illidari...yyyeess...YYYEESSS.

It's PEERRFFEECCT, I can see it now! Demon hunters and fighters!

You don't mind if i had Night Elves in there too, right?
Yeah that's fine.
Player: Istella

Name of Nation: Kaldorei Reformation

Government Type: Triumvirate (not entirely sure if this is the best description; junta and theocracy could both be accurate too I suppose, if you think something else fits better just let me know)

Leaders/Important people:
Split between the leaders of the three branches of NE society, headed by the military-
General Cirica Darkleaf of the Sentinels
Priestess Ashanadi Nightstorm of the Sisterhood of Elune
Archdruid Kaedris Proudwing of the Cenarion Circle

Capitol: Syvanaar

Race(s): Kaldorei (primarily), treants, dryads, keepers of the grove

History/Description:
The Kaldorei remained with the Alliance only so long as it took the refugees and the handful of treants, dryads, and keepers of the grove who accompanied them to make it through the Dark Portal. After which, they quickly turned against their human and gnomish former allies, accusing them of doing what not even the Legion had been capable of- destroying all life on Azeroth. Even the formerly neutral Cenarion Circle returned to being a Kaldorei-only organization, casting out all the other non-Kaldorei races (or splitting off from them, depending on which side you ask.)

After High Priestess Whisperwind and Archdruid Stormrage opted to stay behind and hold back the cloud as long as they were able, and the death of General Feathermoon to the mana bomb that hit the portal itself, the leadership of the survivors fell to the highest ranking members of the Sentinels, Sisterhood of Elune, and Cenarion Circle who made it through the portal; General Cirica Darkleaf, Priestess Ashanadi Nightstorm, and Kaedris Proudwing, respectively. Following the orders of General Darkleaf, the survivors washed their hands of the Alliance and its destructive ways and set out to find their own niche in this shattered new world.

They traveled east across Hellfire Peninsula and then north from Zangermarsh, settling in southern Blade’s Edge Mountains. They made their already-established post of Sylvanaar into their capitol, reinforcing it and then expanding outwards to accommodate the needs of its vastly increased population. The Triumvirate, headed by General Darkleaf, reacted to the destruction of Azeroth much the same as the Kaldorei did to the Sundering- they blamed the arcanists. As such, they once again declared the use of arcane magic, as well as fel magic and the use of technology, punishable by death. Anyone who sympathized with practitioners of those arts would also be cast out.

Overall Population: ~18,360
(4% growth every 2 turns)

Overall Military: ~4000

Units:

[Melee]
Sentinels: 2000
The infantry of the elves, they wear medium armor and wield glaives.

Druids of the Claw: 150
Versatile shape shifters, the druids can serve either as heavy infantry in bear form or as scouts in cat.

Keepers of the Grove: 15
Few followed the elves on their exodus, but the Keepers’ strong nature magics provide them with powerful wards, making them the elite heavy infantry of the elves. They are primarily defensive rather than offensive in nature.

[Casters]
Priestesses of the Moon: 500
Capable of calling down Elune’s light to both harm and heal; versatile casters serve as the elves’ mounted cavalry.

Druids of the Wild: 250
Serving no single animal totem, these druids call upon the very life-force of nature to rain its wrath down upon their foes.

Dryads: 73
Although they usually abhor violence, the few peaceful dryads who accompanied the elves aid their allies by casting powerful healing spells, from safely tucked behind the font lines.

[Ranged]
Archers: 900
These lightly armored troops are as lethal as they are renowned for their skill, Elvin archers remain some of the most skilled in the world.

[Siege]
Glaive Throwers: 6
Too pragmatic to try hauling these large weapons of war with them on their journey through the Dark Portal, the handful of siege weapons they possess were already stationed in Outland.

Ancients of Lore/War: 12
These massive, sentient, ambulatory trees are slow to rouse but are capable of leveling walls and scattering troops once angered.

[Aerial]
Hippogryph Riders: 75
Though primarily used as scouts, these mounted pairs are as fierce as they are swift and are perfectly capable at acting as an advanced force, striking from safety out of reach with their deadly bows.

Druids of the Talon: 75
Usually scouts and messengers, these druids are still capable of defending themselves by controlling the winds as few others can claim to.

Land List:
1. Blade’s Edge Mountains: Sylvanaar and the surrounding areas, including what used to be Bloodmaul Outpost, Bladespire Hold, and Thunderlord Stronghold (if someone else makes an orge, orc, or Mok’Nathal faction and wants this area I’ve no problem revising ^_^) though they are currently very interested in securing Ruuan Weald as well.
*Sits in large high back chair in evil villian costume while stroking cat on lap*

You are not prepared.....

I shall get my sign up going...
Actually Lia, your faction sounds like it would be a great place for all of the Highborne/Demon hunters I just booted out of Kaldorei society to end up. >.>
Looks great Istella! Glad to have you! I think I'll update the Nation list as soon as Meep and Lia post a sign up. The IC will be up tomorrow (Despite my track record on posting stuff on time!). I've already written the IC, I'm going to go ahead and reserve three posts on page three for military statistics.