Open Libram LXXII: Rainbow in the Dark

Paladin
Prev 1 19 20 21 26 Next
03/28/2013 06:01 AMPosted by Darthelmet
On a side note: Did anyone see that post about the work that goes into wow sound design? Seems like a lot given how many people play without sound lol.

i have no idea how people can play with out sound. theres so much extra information they are missing.

Stacking at Ranged for Rampage on Magaera seems to be a popular LFR tactic. Why? lol

wut?
There are so many audio cues in the game that playing without sound is hard for me to do. If there isn't anything particularly useful for me to gain from it I will turn it off (based on encounter) but I'd feel weird playing this game in any situation without sound on. They do a really good job with sound in this game TBH.
I agree that the game feels weird completely devoid of sound, but anything above like 11-21% sound outside of voice acting is just too much. Typically when raiding I need to hear call outs, and during other activities I'm listening to a podcast, so it helps to keep it low.
I tried playing without sound once. Couldnt do it, too many sound queues I relly on for stuff.
I gotta play with music, and wows music is downright awful most of the time

With the pandaria zones minus townlong/dread wastes being an exception
I gotta play with music, and wows music is downright awful most of the time

That is a huge matter of opinion there.

WoW music is amazing, in fact it is one of the few things in this game that is near perfect. I don't know how people can play without music going.

That is all. *giggle*

Wat!?

Dalaran? Gots nothing on the flying city of Vale (which was initially what I thought of when Dal was first announced).

When I first saw Dalaran that was the exact thing to pop into my mind, Vane.

http://youtu.be/Duu0yDX57-k

Dal should do something like that, epic.

What I loved about Lunar more then anything was it's story premise. The whole idea of Lunar and the Blue Star, the Moon and Earth was just a great fantastical story setting at the time.

I wish I had gotten around to playing Lunar 2: Eternal Blue, I actually own it but don't have a system to play it on. XD Plus again the games haven't aged that well to me.

03/28/2013 05:42 AMPosted by Bravehearth
Commodore Amiga

Thanks, I just spent ten minutes reading on wiki about this. lol

Really did look way ahead of it's time though.
WoW music is amazing, in fact it is one of the few things in this game that is near perfect. I don't know how people can play without music going.

i have not been impressed with mop's music, i have to turn it off. it sounds so dorky and childish. but but wolk music? i sometimes go back and just sit there listening to it.

with encounter sound i think i would have an easier time playing with out a boss timer mod then i would with out sound. not that playing with out a timer mod would be easy for me

and most of my power auras are based around sound.
Depends on the zone. Some of the music in MoP is fantastic, some of the other stuff... not so much. I really like most of the tracks for the Panda starting zone.

WoTLK probably had the most memorable tracks for me. Storm Peaks, Grizzly Hills and select locations of Dragonblight just had amazing sound.

I have to make sure when I do arena to jack my game sounds up because skype suppresses a lot of background noise. I play worse when I can't hear casts or my own character funny enough.
Ahhh...

Massages are wonderful things x.x
@caden, I figured that was a given, music is one of the more subjective mediums out there, I was just saying, that to me the music in wow takes away from the experience rather than adds to it
Zone to zone music is really hit or miss, but I play with music at 10% and volume at 60% most of the time and 40% in raids, to generally mesh with the volume level native to windows, because I play windowed but I'm definitely with Grommash.. there are a lot of information in the game that is given to you entirely through or preemptively through audio.

I've played with sound off, or so much background sound that it might as well be off and there's things you can miss because of it.
Seeing as I have every soundtrack for WoW, I enjoy the music of this game immensely, yet some songs are better than others.

I cant say I have a favorite overall expansion soundtrack, though I have a lot of favorite songs from each that I can listen to endlessly

THough MoP gets a slight boost because Jeremy Soule (Elder Scrolls) worked on it
There are so many audio cues in the game that playing without sound is hard for me to do. If there isn't anything particularly useful for me to gain from it I will turn it off (based on encounter) but I'd feel weird playing this game in any situation without sound on. They do a really good job with sound in this game TBH.

I find this very true in PvP.
I generally play with sound on unless I'm PvPing.

Kind of have to get myself pumped up for PvP with metal in BGs, and even then I do keep some sound on.
I normally play with sound off. DBM uses the master sound channel so I can hear warnings when raiding. Sounds generally just annoys me - plus it doesn't go with the trance music playing in the background.

I wish I had gotten around to playing Lunar 2: Eternal Blue, I actually own it but don't have a system to play it on. XD Plus again the games haven't aged that well to me.

I didn't like Eternal Blue nearly as much as the first game. The Working Designs translation style was amusing, maybe even endearing, for their first few games, but it was tremendously irritating in Eternal Blue, and I also hated the little pink dragon buddy you were stuck with. If I remember right, its save game files also sucked up a huge amount of the Sega CD's internal memory, so I couldn't actually play it all that often.
Sometimes WoW music (this actually goes for a lot of games nowadays) tries to be too classy while all I want is Mega Man-esque tunes to rile me up to kick some ass. That said, it can be beautiful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x95EQ6MiIh8

I generally play with sound on unless I'm PvPing.

Kind of have to get myself pumped up for PvP with metal in BGs, and even then I do keep some sound on.

I wish they'd come out with more, better BG music. This is the perfect place to add what I'm talking about.
So, how about that Haganai finale?

It's almost unfair for Yusa and Rika to be best girls by such a margin.
I didn't like Eternal Blue nearly as much as the first game. The Working Designs translation style was amusing, maybe even endearing, for their first few games, but it was tremendously irritating in Eternal Blue, and I also hated the little pink dragon buddy you were stuck with. If I remember right, its save game files also sucked up a huge amount of the Sega CD's internal memory, so I couldn't actually play it all that often.

I played the PS1 ports so I didn't have any sega related issues. I never had too much of a beef with the translations, although looking back they're not the most stellar in the world.

I heard Eternal Blue didn't live up to Silver Star Story but the story still looked wonderful from what I've read and watched.
had to wiki that, as i am not in the know as far as anime goes. antisocial catholic schoolgirl anime is kind of a strange niche thing but i'm sure it's worth investigating!

edit - and now i am going to commit myself to doing the fifty thousand sidequests that i have to tackle in xenoblade so i can continue with the rad story and stomp the game flat! hurrah!