Open Libram LXXII: Rainbow in the Dark

Paladin
Prev 1 22 23 24 26 Next
I got bored and sketched some more ponies. Grog pony... I can't tell if he's a stuffed animal or a small dog! He's like a sentient beard with hooves lol.

Chaz pony has arrived! He is not happy to be pony.

I cannot wait to see Beard Pony and Emo Pony.

I remember them saying during the MoP beta specifically that they did not like putting helm enchants on reputation vendors and gear on reputation vendors, because then you feel like they are mandatory for every new character you level. So then what do they do? They get rid of helm enchants, leave the gear on the vendors, but then added a second barrier in order to get them. They really do just throw ideas into a hat and stubbornly go with the ones they happen to pull out.

This is Blizzard, they are constantly and forever contradicting themselves. I do believe this will be my first time never getting another character to max level since I started playing all because of the way things are now.

And Mists was supposed to be the great liberator of Alts with all the account wide stuffs.

/steps-down-from-soapbox

That's my box, it's 10G per rant!
03/29/2013 08:03 AMPosted by Bravehearth
I am so annoyed right now with VP gear. My holy paladin alt is stuck at 475 ilevel, and I'd like to do the new LFR with him, so trying to get gear where I can. The problem is, I can't get any VP gear due to the stupid rep requirements, and I just don't have time to grind out rep on yet another alt.

pvp gear, honestly.

Also if your trinkets are something that's holding your ilvl back, this suggestion goes double; farm the three dominance offensive rare spawns. They drop 250 honor tokens, and crappy world pvp trinkets that are 483 ilvl and count for your real ilvl. Generally replacing, or just holding onto, a couple bad slots 476 malevolent pieces is enough to get you through the LFR gate.

This was interestingly endorsed by an EU blue today. ^_^
I'm really irritated with myself atm. It was pointed out to me this afternoon that the two peices of "ret" gear that I bought last week are in fact holy gear. ^_^***
I'm really irritated with myself atm. It was pointed out to me this afternoon that the two peices of "ret" gear that I bought last week are in fact holy gear. ^_^***

I hereby dub this phenomenon "pulling a Lobster". :P

Just hit the Ret only filter on gear vendors guyz. <_<
Yeah I guess I'll just go after more pvp gear I suppose. I never have any JP on that toon because I mainly just do LFR now. I'm assuming you can still convert VP to conquest? I'll hit the VP cap this week anyways on that toon so I'll have to spend some anyways.

The problem I have is that I literally have no decent ret gear on that toon. My ret gear is so bad that I can do higher single target dps as holy...without even taking the glyphs that increase holy's dps. I only play that character to heal just because it's my only healer and I enjoy it.

03/29/2013 10:16 AMPosted by Cadenbrie

I hereby dub this phenomenon "pulling a Lobster". :P

Just hit the Ret only filter on gear vendors guyz. <_<

Yikes, that would suck to do that. I've almost done that a couple times, but always catch myself right away so I can refund it. I try to use the filters and just make sure I check both the Prot and Ret filters.

This is Blizzard, they are constantly and forever contradicting themselves. I do believe this will be my first time never getting another character to max level since I started playing all because of the way things are now.

And Mists was supposed to be the great liberator of Alts with all the account wide stuffs.
My only L90 alt (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kirin-tor/Aleytys/advanced) was levelled to 90 in LFR dungeon runs, provided with crafted gear to get into heroics (really, seriously expensive for a shaman), chain-run through heroics until they could do LFR. She'd have languished at that point were it not that we sometimes needed an extra healer or ranged DPS, so she got some raid gear that way. As anyone can see from her armoury, to have got her to the i480 cut-off for ToT without those normal runs would have taken a nutso investment in LFR over the course of weeks (plus a large investment in other VP sources while the gear upgrader was available).

The annoying thing is that raiding alone isn't enough to gear up, but without it the time investment is enormous (as opposed to merely large), so unless you're in a progression guild that can gear mains quickly and the RNG is nice to you, you won't get your alts geared to a tier while it's current.

EDIT: Having done the new Island of Excessive Numbers of Mobs Packed in Cheek to Jowl, I'm rapidly remembering why I took a break from all non-raiding activity - it's bloody time-consuming.
Wait so there is no longer a VP to CP vendor? If not, that puts my holy pally right back in the same boat. I have no freaking JP on that toon, so I either need to get to doing 5 mans, or...*sigh* pvp.

Damn this stupid VP+rep system. Guess I'll just have to convert my VP to JP and then JP to Honor. How annoying. So glad they gave as all these "choices".

It's like they decided to give us (somewhat) real choices with talents, and take away the old system that just gave the illusion of choice, and then decided to give us the illusion of choice in how to spend our time at end game.

So 5-mans aren't supposed to be a part of progression. So my character is more than geared to LFRs, that give me VP I can't use to supplement items that don't drop. So that means I have to rely on PvP gear, which I can't get without converting my VP to JP to HP...or doing 5-mans LOL. What a great system.
And then you get to heal old LFR runs until your eyes bleed. However, they only seem to run during prime-time now. >.<

I need a Sha kill of some sort to move along the legendary chain (because of horrible luck with the Sigils), and it seems that LFR Terrace runs just don't happen off-peak.
I am so thankful that my warrior got so lucky on drops, and that I started gearing him a lot sooner than my holy pally. He's at least able to do the new LFR. And that's all I really want. I just want to be able to heal the new LFR, because to me healing makes every fight a little different, just like dps is a little different than tanking. It keeps things interesting to me.

But someone correct me if I'm wrong here. Without reps, my only choice for spending VP (for gear acquisition) is to convert my VP to JP to Honor, correct?

I'm about to cap, so I have to spend them on something. We can't spend them on upgrades until the patch and getting rep is just not something I'm going to budge on lol.
Can't, no. That vendor is actually a JP vendor now.

Make someone else kill the dominance rares for you. :P

See if you can get any of the various boa rep things to send to it. Go out to IoT and leech off rare spawn kills to get keys for the solo instance on your holy paladin and just loot as many early chests as you can. You can get a lot of the pages to buy rep from there that are boa. My warrior is mid-friendly with Shado-pan Assault and honored with Sunreaver Onslaught and still has three half-finished dailies from the very first day of the island being open. Literally never finished a daily. Did the solo scenario each week (disastrous first week), hung out around rare spawns, and mailed every bit of rep to the toon that I could get.

But dat spirit. You can probably ticket it, since by your gemming and enchanting you clearly didn't intend to buy that holy gear. They won't be able to do anything about the gems, obviously.
But dat spirit. You can probably ticket it, since by your gemming and enchanting you clearly didn't intend to buy that holy gear. They won't be able to do anything about the gems, obviously.

Meh. By the time a ticket went through, I'd be done grinding an entire set of gear.
Random moment of confusion looking at my warrior's armory and seeing a parry/mastery belt and wtfing.

There's actually only one plate belt from Shado-pan Assault and it's expertise/mastery (ultimate in universal averageness!). Stupid website.

And then I laughed at my 437 green trinket again. My warrior's gear is entirely an exhibit of one week of daily scenarios (super easy and fast and IIRC after 5.2 they give 120 JP or something) and killing those dominance rares, averaging 5-6 kills a day (early on I could not kill the warrior, eventually I got a talent setup that let me do it) that let me just sneak into MSV by getting an honor piece for whatever was my lowest owned ilvl slot that would be not awful in pve after I got the easy pve pieces (522 neck, sha boots and such)... and the pvp trinkets are all pretty awful in pve, so I'm left with that one green. :D
Actually looking at your holy paladin.. my strongest recommendation really is get someone else who is killing the dominance rares who is looking for the honor tokens. Most people who kill them, that's all they want. Maybe the loot bag.

Ask them if you can have the awful trinkets, since your lowest slots are all 458/463 those trinkets should push you over the LFR line.
Yeah you are probably right on the trinket. I just know that even getting the couple 5-man upgrades I could use wouldn't be enough, so I'm just not even wasting my time with that, I've just been hoping for lfr drops and such ha.

I still need to spend a little VP on something this week though, so I might just have to buckle down and make myself do some dailies. THE HORROR I tell you.

If there was a new wow class based on me, the main mechanic that the class would be bases around is properly keeping the laziness/procrastination balanced out with the drive/obsessiveness. Because honestly, there's some things that I will go out of my way to be lazy on, and others that I will obsess over (mainly when dealing with this character lol).

It's basically how I deal with making gold in the game. I'll be lazy, and completely ignore making gold for a long stretch, then realize I'm down to like 10-20k gold to my name...and then start obsessing over the auction house with JC/Alch/Ench/etc. until I build up my funds. Then it's back to ignoring it for months.
Derp moment, but I can solo the dominance rares on this character....and my holy paladin is on a different account. That should tell you how lazy I am though, I don't even like messing with dual boxing for dailies, just because it's a hassle without proper addon (like Jamba) and a program for sending keystrokes to both windows (like ISBoxer).

I guess I should get my dual boxing stuff setup again sometime and then knockout dailies for two characters at once. I used to actual dual box arena double ret in cata, but once I hit about 1600 rating I couldn't push any further lol.
03/29/2013 01:27 PMPosted by Bravehearth
Derp moment, but I can solo the dominance rares on this character....and my holy paladin is on a different account. That should tell you how lazy I am though, I don't even like messing with dual boxing for dailies, just because it's a hassle without proper addon (like Jamba) and a program for sending keystrokes to both windows (like ISBoxer).

Just set the holy paladin following your ret, it's not like you can't solo all the things. :D Most of my dual/tri-boxing was really just done with a lead toon and the others either doing nothing or in one case, auto-casting a hot.

12 LFR rolls with nothing to show for it today.

Cat laying on bag of cheezies. Wondering where my camera is and if I can even get it without causing the cat to move.

Success!

http://i.imgur.com/ysCWkLT.jpg

Cat sleeping on bed interrupted laundry day!
Cat sleeping on bed interrupted laundry day!

What's the cooldown on it's interrupt?
It's not the cooldown, it's the duration!
Ah so it locks you out of the laundry spell school for a while then.
http://i.imgur.com/ysCWkLT.jpg

so much fluffy.