5.2 PVE Complete Destruction Guide

Warlock
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
WTB more sticky requests...
How do you feel about locks in the top 20 for dps on lei 10 valuing crit and mastery over haste, whilst going with GoSup?
AMG MY INFERNAL IS SHIFT MOUSEWHEEL CLICK TOO AKJSDHFSBGS
We're basically the same person.

How do you feel about locks in the top 20 for dps on lei 10 valuing crit and mastery over haste, whilst going with GoSup?
I don't dislike it. I hit 15th last night on our first kill using Haste > Crit > Mastery GoSup. I could've probably gotten top 10 easily if I was pushing a rank and used my doomy on pull or in execute rather than trying to push phase 2 but oh well.

There is quite a bit of movement on the fight which might dissuade people from putting so much emphasis on their pet, although if you move your pet to the center ring he doesn't have to move much no matter how much you move the boss. You should also drop your doomguard in the center and not be dumb like me and drop him on the outside so he has to chase Lei Shen around. The reason the Mastery/Crit build works for Lei Shen is because after you get to P2 you start dealing with a lot of multi target. Cleaves on the small adds, AoE on balls etc get you a lot of embers (and tab SB on Lei Shen is nice). You're really heavy on embers in P2 and P3 so that build works fine.

The fight is probably pretty even for whichever build you go so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
2 questions

1. if you have 3.5 embers and your target hits 20% do you spam shadowburn? since its instant dmg and not a real dot?

2. For aoe, do i still keep my conflag from reach 2 stacks when using fire and brimstone?
Great thread. WTB sticky right meow.
1. if you have 3.5 embers and your target hits 20% do you spam shadowburn? since its instant dmg and not a real dot?
If I have procs up yeah. If I have no procs or CDs I don't like losing all my embers but yes, you can just spam them as opposed to CB with GoSac where it's better to have a GCD filler in between each cast so you get all the GoSac ticks.

2. For aoe, do i still keep my conflag from reach 2 stacks when using fire and brimstone?
You should. Whether you use FnB conflag or normal conflag then use the backdrafts for FnB incins depends on how many embers you have, but yeah you don't want to leave conflag at 2 stacks.
2 questions

1. If 2 targets, you can with Havoc. If I target just use 1 shadowburn each time you reach 3.5 and then, once you get big procs, use your second INT potion and unload your shadowburn fury on your poor target.

2. When doing AoE, FnB Conflag deals more damage (and it's instant!) than FnB incinerate. It also gives as much embers as FnB Incinerate. Just make sure you keep FnB immolate on all your targets to make your Rain of Fire stronger (+50% damage on target affected by immolate).

Your priority on many targets that lives long enough should be:
FnB immolate > Rain of Fire > FnB Conflagrate > FnB Incinerate > Spam Shadowburn with a mouseover macro and havoc (depending on the number of mobs still alive).
Haste > Crit > Mastery only applies in Patchwerk situations.

You're still going to want to go Mastery > Crit > Haste even with GoSup. There are just too many cleave/aoe fights this tier to value Haste over anything.
Well most non-patchwerk situations I'm using GoSac anyway. Council would be a good example of GoSup with a mastery build though.
Need more sticky requests!
Well most non-patchwerk situations I'm using GoSac anyway. Council would be a good example of GoSup with a mastery build though.

If you have the time, could you list what Grimiore you go for each ToT fight?
Well I have been running GoSac for most because I don't want to leave to reforge for the fights that you can't mount in but ideally, and these may not be perfect, I'd go:

Jin'Rokh: Haste GoSup if the pet gets benefit from pools (not sure), GoSac with mastery if not so you can just stack embers and unload them in pools. Not really 100% positive about this one but it doesn't much matter tbh, the fight isn't all that tight on DPS.

Horridon: GoSac mastery, soooo many embers and AoE.

Council: GoSup with probably crit > mastery >=haste.

Tortos: GoSac mastery

Megaera: GoSup with haste unless you're trying to rank then probably GoSup with mastery.

Ji'kun: GoSac with crit > mastery > haste. GoSup with haste first is definitely best but I've had trouble with pets despawning. If that's no longer an issue then go with Sac.

Durumu: Same as Ji'kun.

Primordius: Mastery > Crit > Haste is best. GoSac is probably best since I doubt the pet gets the damage buff.

Animus: Probably a haste GoSup build since you're not really cleaving. I've been doing GoSac though and done just fine.

Iron Qon: GoSup haste would be ideal provided that your pet doesn't have trouble with getting around.

Twin Consorts: GoSup haste probably. GoSup with mastery probably wouldn't be terrible though since you can get cleaves during dusk as well as on occasions in night phase when you can cleave onto the day boss when she pops out.

Lei Shen: GoSup haste worked well for me but GoSup with a crit or mastery first build would probably be good too with the embers from AoE and cleaving past phase 2.
What two trinkets do you think are best?
So I normally run affliction but working on a destro offspec. I use GoSup for the most part. what would be the basic reforging stat priority? I know it can vary dependent on fight but what would be a basic safe reforging priority of haste, crit and mastery?
What two trinkets do you think are best?
Depends on the fight probably. Depends on your talent/reforging. I don't think you can really say 2 trinkets will be absolutely best for all situations. Lei Shen will probably be BiS no matter what though.

what would be the basic reforging stat priority? I know it can vary dependent on fight but what would be a basic safe reforging priority of haste, crit and mastery?
I say this in the guide.
No.

DPS will look higher but your DPS(e) which is what matters will be about the same. The reason people think the glyph makes the imp better is because recount doesn't record during the downtime so it looks like the glyphed imp is doing about 3x the damage of the unglyphed.

That being said, there are instances where it could be a bit better to have the glyph. On fights with lots of movement you might find that the imp would be sitting at max energy more unglyphed, but that would be a high movement fight and might only make a difference on a couple casts. It's really not noticeable imo.
No.

DPS will look higher but your DPS(e) which is what matters will be about the same. The reason people think the glyph makes the imp better is because recount doesn't record during the downtime so it looks like the glyphed imp is doing about 3x the damage of the unglyphed.

That being said, there are instances where it could be a bit better to have the glyph. On fights with lots of movement you might find that the imp would be sitting at max energy more unglyphed, but that would be a high movement fight and might only make a difference on a couple casts. It's really not noticeable imo.

Periods of predictable burst damage, to add to your list. I have found, however, that the glyph's ai can be a bit buggy and have the imp accidentally over pull past the 120 energy mark, sometimes leading to overcapping :<.
Why isn't this a sticky yet!?

For an old timer coming back, this is a great help when everything seems to have changed.

Good work, and thanks!