Fire, Frost, or Arcane 5.2 PvE

Mage
I'm sure there's threads on this but I could not find any. What is coming out on top for 5.2 PvE? I've played all three and have a general idea on how to play each. Also, if you could provide a link to a guide that would be much appreciated.
Frost is the PVE spec atm. However, with the way the gear looks and scaling, once you hit the higher tier, it will be fire. But for now, I eat fire and arcane mages (and nearly everyone except solid dks and warriors) for breakfast with frost.
You mean

Frost is the PVE spec atm. However, with the way the gear looks and scaling, once you hit the higher tier, it will be fire. But for now, I eat fire and arcane mages (and nearly everyone except solid dks and warriors) for breakfast with frost.

You mean Fire, Frost and Arcane is the PVE spec atm ;)

Frost is doing more dps on average bc of the way the spec works with procs to ice lance and frostbolt and etc. Fire is too dependent on crit and doesn't hit as hard nor as frequently as frost. Fire isn't as fun till a person gets the best gear available. Wish they could get this right for once in history. All the other mages I see next to mine are eating me alive bc they are frost and I'm fire. Yet lo and behold and soon as I switch to my frost spec we're neck and neck. sigh
The majority of the player base lacks the high ilvl needed to make Fire and Arcane work properly. This doesn't mean that Frost is the best spec right now, it's just best for the average players because their ilvl is low. Frost scales poorly when up against Fire & Arcane, but it can manage at lower ilvls.

Frost has yet to rank in the top 10 for any raid boss fight introduced after MoP. Meaning you will find people on these forums who are fans of Frost, but they don't see the bigger picture.
I would have to agree with Breaktheice as I myself am a fan of frost. Does the name give it away? But I know well enough to leave the Fire/Arcane discussions alone when I don't have something positive to add there. So I think I am a good fan.

Frost currently is going to give most mages the best bang for their buck right now. Will it scale with gear moving along? Not unless the devs make more changes ... which eerily they seem to be doing so who knows in the end?
In my experience. as a player of all 3 specs.

they nerfed low tier arcane to the ground... sadly because I was owning last patch.

right now im playing frost because it is simply the best for my gear level.

I pull like 110-115k single target as frost but can barely break 100k as arcane.

Im ready to get the gear though so I can go back arcane.

Might even go fire if I happen to get a lot of crit gear.
Personally I like both specs and with my gear setup fire / frost are both good. I've tried both since I went above 500 ilvl many times and this is what I've found:
Fire- awesome on single target and good on low #s of mobs if you're good at spreading high ignite combustions.
Frost- still good on single target ( just did 110k on Feng lfr ), awesome on aoe. I find frost doesn't have the higher burst dps as fire for single targets ( if you get a 40k+ ignite / combustion ). I did guardians or whatever they're called ( 1st MV boss ) in LFR where tank grouped all 3 together and compared frost to fire. Frost I was 130k at end of fight, 2nd to our guild's warrior tank :( who was 135k. Fire I was 170k. These 2 comparisons were both done at 505 ilvl. With fire i had 35.12% crit self buffed and frost I was 6500 haste unbuffed.

I'm currently 507 now and I went back to frost from fire just because I like frost alot better for aoe and alot of the raid encounters have that. I say pick either of the 2 specs but don't go fire unless you're 30% crit + self buffed. Both very comparable. I've went up against fire mages while frost and vice versa and they are pretty neck and neck, as long as the other mage is as good as I am :) Not bragging ( can't spell ) but I've been playing this mage for 6 years and I strive to be one of the best mages out there. I'm guild's top dps easily other than a rogue who's ilvl is close to mine who comes close to me sometimes ( only when I'm hungover or high and my rotation isn't as bang on ). I've beaten them as fire or frost.
Also don't go Fire unless you're really good at combustion, I know it's a pretty easy thing to do but you wouldn't believe how many fire mages suck because even though they have 500 ilvl or higher they still can't get combustion down. With my gear I don't combust unless it's 40k or higher, usually try for 55k though or better.
frost is the way til you get a 2 set and you're 515 legit il.
appreciate all of this input here I was also wondering about changing my spec or not. I have been frost since MoP came out and have had the haters tell me I need to go fire yet I am consistently on top in dps (with exceptions of course :P). I am currently sitting at a 500 ilvl and was starting to wonder if I should try out fire. I think I will wait now til I get some better gear! Again appreciate all the advice fellow mages!
Fire does require certain amounts of Crit to not have insanely unlucky HS procs but nobody has really determined how much that is. When 5.2 came out most were saying ~30% Crit but that doesnt seem to be enough.

Im debating on going back to Fire when I can get 40% Crit self buffed which would most likely require a few Heroic ToT pieces. But It seems that Arcane also becomes pretty good at that Ilvl.

Arcane doesnt have nearly the RNG factor as Fire does, so I might be going that route.
appreciate all of this input here I was also wondering about changing my spec or not. I have been frost since MoP came out and have had the haters tell me I need to go fire yet I am consistently on top in dps (with exceptions of course :P). I am currently sitting at a 500 ilvl and was starting to wonder if I should try out fire. I think I will wait now til I get some better gear! Again appreciate all the advice fellow mages!

I won't switch to Fire unless you can get >33-35% crit unbuffed. I finally managed to get ~34% crit and I'm starting to pull ahead of frost... when I'm not mangling my bursts and the RNG gods shine in my favor.