Point of Raging blow nerf.

Warrior
Yo dawg i heard you like proc's, so you can proc while you proc so you can proc while procing

I mean fury all ready is heavy based on the RNG with crit's and proc's and, while not the worse, whats the point? Six seconds is really short, only way i can see this nerf being balanced is if you increase the enraged timer: there are many times you get a proc on the move, or maybe not enough rage to use said ability. I don't know this is just a stupid change its not like you can even spam Raging blow, Just hate blizzard "logic" when they don't even have any logic behind certain changes.
Just hopefully these are very early notes after all this is something that is voiced, protested, spoke about and does NOT go through.
The change you're referring to is removing the enrage requirement to use raging blow.
You're misreading the datamined tooltip changes. The red text indicates a removal of text. There are 3 RB-related spells. The spell on your bar is: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=85288. Using that triggers the 2 spells that actually deal damage, the MH: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=96103 and OH: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=85384 attacks. As you can clearly read, the current MH and OH tooltips incorrectly state that it can only be used while enraged, which is just a holdover from the last expansion that was never fixed when RB moved to a charge system. The new tooltip removes that text.

But really, you should probably not read datamined tooltip changes if they're too hard to understand and they make you supermad.

And as an aside, Arms isn't getting changed yet either. The tooltips for Execute and Impending Victory for Arms try to bake in Seasoned Soldier, but it only uses a 20% value instead of the 25% value it actually gets. That's just a tooltip correction too.
Wth? The enraged was removed.. what does mean lol. It might make Fury viable.

Might make fury viable? WTF are you talking about. Fury is amazing DPS...
03/25/2013 11:30 AMPosted by Khurgen

Might make fury viable? WTF are you talking about. Fury is amazing DPS...

Pvp....
It's a tooltip update of anything.

You've been able to use RB w/o enrage like, all expansion.
It's a tooltip update of anything.

You've been able to use RB w/o enrage like, all expansion.

Oh I see now. It made me think you didn't have to become enraged for it to proc.

You don't use it while enraged anymore. It does proc when you're enraged, but it's the buff Raging Blow! that allows its use.

It basically doesn't require the enrage bit on it anymore. Nothing is changing.

dammit jalopy
03/25/2013 11:35 AMPosted by Samayael

You don't use it while enraged anymore. It does proc when you're enraged, but it's the buff Raging Blow! that allows its use.

It basically doesn't require the enrage bit on it anymore. Nothing is changing.

dammit jalopy

Yea I guess that does make it a little more viable in PvP. You don't become useless if you get nulled.
There is no nerf, or buff, to raging blow.
woah woah woah woah woah, am I missing something, some hotfix?
Yea I guess that does make it a little more viable in PvP. You don't become useless if you get nulled.
... nothing changed

you can use it in PvP, right now, while having no Enrage effect up, as long as you have the RB proc from a previous Enrage
woah woah woah woah woah, am I missing something, some hotfix?
Datamined PTR stuff showed up on MMOchamp.
Tooltip change =/= ability function change
I hope this change doesn't make it through. Raging blow has always required enrage since I have played. I don't like it when they go changing how things work. I still /cry about the stance changes in mists.
I hope this change doesn't make it through. Raging blow has always required enrage since I have played. I don't like it when they go changing how things work. I still /cry about the stance changes in mists.
Have you not read anything? Nothing about the mechanics of Raging blow is changing. You still need to get enraged to get the Raging Blow buff that allows you to use the ability, they are just removing that text because you do not need to be enraged to use Raging blow, you just need the buff which is triggered by enrage. If you get tranq shotted and are no longer enraged you can still raging blow because the buff doesn't go away when enrage goes away.