Megaera ...

Priest
The raid is stacked pretty close to the boss so it seems like Halo/Cascade/Divine Star isn't ideal due to range issues. I am looking at WoL and see that the top dps comes from priests using Halo but I am wondering if anyone experimented with Divine Star/Cascade?
We put down a raid marker for optimal range for our three Spriests for Halo. It will always be best damage where you can find the time to get the right range.

For Halo uses around Rampages a quick B&S PW:S works very well.
I can't always get optimal range with Halo on this fight but it still seems to be the best talent choice.
I just did it this morning in between resets. I figured it out, thank you :)
I do wonder though if the tank has the ability to see in yards when he puts his markers down?
I do wonder though if the tank has the ability to see in yards when he puts his markers down?

No, something like this hasn't been possible in that way since that one raid addon (AVR?) caused them to change coding in Wrath.

What you can do is position yourself before the fight and find the correct range (Halo Pro) for the middle one, adjust forward / back until the one on the right is proper range as well then move forward another couple of steps. Put the raid marker where you stand.
I personally like divine star for the fight. We do a pretty good job of staying stacked throughout the fight, except when we're dodging poison.
I used Divine Star the first week when they made us all stack up near the boss. We stopped doing that and now I use Halo.
Divine Star is my number 1 heal on this fight.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4sluq1xo7osiku1u/details/0/?s=10012&e=10521
I did 25 reg tonight and experimented with a couple of talents and couldn't figure out for the life of me why I always seemed to be 1 step behind. Then I looked down at my latency and it was in the 800's and my frame rate was 8. My computer just can't handle 25 mans. I recently downgraded my connection (because I wanted to save $ and add HBO to my TV) and realize if I want to do well I'm going to have to revert back.

That said, I seemed to get the best results with DS but considering my freezing screen & lag spikes I don't know if I could say with 100% positivity DS is the best choice. With lag, yes.
With the way the raid stacks, Divine Star's probably your best option. You sacrifice a tiny bit of DPS to add a ton of healing.
Thanks for answering. I also switched my gems around to add haste in the event I can't get my connection issues worked out by Tuesday and Lo' and behold I've reached 3rd haste cap.
Now I don't know if I want to go back to halo after using DS even after it's all squared away!

You it's funny, I just ran an LFR to test the difference [haste] and I don't have as much issue with lag. It's all of the reg raid aoe maybe? So much more lag!

(spell check challenged)
03/28/2013 09:31 PMPosted by Ivanaflay
Then I looked down at my latency and it was in the 800's and my frame rate was 8.

Frame rate, whatever, but latency at 800?

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html

Try that if you haven't. I played on god awful DSL up until recently, but I've never had to deal with that much ms outside of times someone else was eating up all of my bandwidth.

This is what I do. Just pop a PW:S, run until my halo range addon is green, pop halo, and run back. It also helps if they have you using a VE for that rampage because not only do you get 200-300k halo healing crits, you also hit 2 targets for big damage which heals the raid a ton :D
I use Cascade for spread phases and SS/PoH for Rampages.
I use Cascade for spread phases and SS/PoH for Rampages.

Shadow, not Disc ^.^

This is what I do. Just pop a PW:S, run until my halo range addon is green, pop halo, and run back. It also helps if they have you using a VE for that rampage because not only do you get 200-300k halo healing crits, you also hit 2 targets for big damage which heals the raid a ton :D

VE is only affected by single target damage, IIRC. I would assume Halo counts as an AoE.

I personally use DS for this fight for the rampages, as DPS output has not been a problem. I'd rather help the healers out with the OP raid healing (if it was a 10man I probably wouldn't care as much)
VE is only affected by single target damage, IIRC. I would assume Halo counts as an AoE.

VE totally works with halo! (I tested it just before posting this on training dummies so I wouldn't look silly :D) haha pop VE and halo some training dummies and check out all those 40k-60k heals you get :)
WOW

I did not know that, that's actually REALLY OP.

P3 Lei Shen after Lightning Orbs? Damn. "Don't worry guys, I got this. Healers can just Regen."
WOW

I did not know that, that's actually REALLY OP.

P3 Lei Shen after Lightning Orbs? Damn. "Don't worry guys, I got this. Healers can just Regen."

I haven't tried lei shen yet, but it's a neat trick on council when you have them all multidotted, pop VE, pop halo, and spam insanity on the empowered target. soooo many big green numbers :D