You Rolled a Hunter, Now What? 6.2.3 Edition

Hunter
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
Lol, sorry, when I see a helpful thread like this, I sorta go overboard with a "how can I help improve this" mentality.
I want it, don't get me wrong. I am also seeing things I missed myself.
Do you think a new hunter would read the threads enough to see all the complaints about the current bugginess of pet AI? Ok put in the following instructions: If your group is about to take a short cut that involves jumping over an edge, step one, don't jump, step two dismiss pet, step three, jump. This is because hunters (and other pet classes) will jump and their pets will take whatever route you were supposed to take to get down, pulling every add, mob, and boss in its wake. If your group is taking a jump short cut, and you don't want to get kicked from group, follow said instructions.

Is your pet standing still attacking nothing no mater what you tell it to do? here are some tricks to get your pet to do something.
A put it on passive (bear eyes icon on pet bar) it should, in a few seconds, teleport to you, or run to you.
B dismiss and resummon, sometimes this is the only way to get it out of being stuck in the ground and los to everything.
C if your talented for it, blink strike, can get pet unstuck.

And... im drawing a blank on more advice.
I forgot a lot of terms that we take for granted that someone might not know and I didn't know about the Blink Strike thing.
Its something I read on the PVP posts, and people claim i have no place there when i don't do PVP, you know for when someone kites your pet over a graphics bug so that it is stuck in the ground and effectively cced.
I may break this up into the reserved posts.
Lol, yea it is getting long, if more Tricks occur to me ill mention em, like how I helped on the hunter pet guide thread.
Haven't noticed anything new, but I did request for a sticky, now to see if people follow, bookmarking it anyway.
Haven't noticed anything new, but I did request for a sticky, now to see if people follow, bookmarking it anyway.
I mostly added to the glossary and trying to think or more things to add. I have figure out a few things I have a hard time explaining.
Can you specify the topic, I might be able to help, how to use the trap launcher is always a fun struggle.
Can you specify the topic, I might be able to help, how to use the trap launcher is always a fun struggle.
Kiting mostly. As far as using Trap Launcher I pretty much just leave it on while leveling, that way I can keep back next to the healers.

For Kiting
Concussive Shot>Ice Trap>Disengage when gap is closed> Jump shooting when possible> liberal use of the Strafe Keys, when distance is good Aspect of the Cheetah helps keep you there. Silencing Shot, Scatter Shot and Concussive Shot are all on this macro* I stole from Bandet.

#showtooltip Scatter Shot
/cast [target=mouseover,exists] Scatter Shot
/cast Scatter Shot
I meant, some hunters don't get how to launch a trap, claim traps dont work with trap launcher on.
I meant, some hunters don't get how to launch a trap, claim traps dont work with trap launcher on.
I've had issues with bombing runs not dropping the bombs so it may be related but I have never had it happen with Trap Launcher. Knock on wood.

I'll add a trap section.
IE, cant cc an add with freeze trap cause you cant launch it to them, arming time and travel time are a learning curve.
IE, cant cc an add with freeze trap cause you cant launch it to them, arming time and travel time are a learning curve.
Working on it, adding a few more things as well. A big problem with Freezing Trap is that it requires LoS.
03/26/2013 09:01 AMPosted by Whim
Working on it, adding a few more things as well. A big problem with Freezing Trap is that it requires LoS.

Which is weird isn't it, considering the launching arc and all.
I can see the point to it because we are not supposed to use it around corners but I would love to have that arch apply.

Added Traps, Trap Launcher and Disengage.
Is the jump, spin disengage, spin hit ground running thing to advanced for this thread?
Is the jump, spin disengage, spin hit ground running thing to advanced for this thread?
Mentioned some in it, when I am not as distracted I'm going to expand on it some. I also added that you can use instant cast shots while in the air. Great for hitting them with Concussive Shot to help keep your distance. That plus Strafe and Steady Shot will help keep your Focus up. I also want to experiment with it some to see what else I can do with it.
Remember, we can cast while moving, we can use cobra/steady (and aimed if glyphed) in midair.
Remember, we can cast while moving, we can use cobra/steady (and aimed if glyphed) in midair.
Haven't got it to work while Disengaging.