Soloing as a Mage.

Mage
03/30/2013 04:21 PMPosted by Shnoblin
You can't control the orb if you have a pet active. Dismiss your Water Elemental and it will work fine.

May take a few tries but once you get it down, you won't have issues again.

Thank you both. It's actually pretty easy after all. It was the elemental.

How?!?!?!? For the life of me I can't keep this guy alive no matter what I do it seems.

Pretty easy? I've been at it for hours with no success! :(

What's the trick?
Would any of you mind giving me a detailed run down on how you kill Kael in Tempest Keep? I'd really like to get the mount from there and haven't had any luck in the past.

Thanks much!

Surely.

Here's what you want to do:

Spec frost
Use nether tempest as your bomb

Phase 1

Kite the first council member ALL the way back to the entrance and kill him there.

Kite the next council member (the one who uses fear) to A'lar's room and kill him there.

Kite the next council member (mage) to the ramp leading up to Kael's room.

Kill the last council member right outside of Kael's room.

Phase 2

Frozen orb the weapons if you need to. They're relatively weak. Pick up the legendary staff.

Phase 3

Position yourself so that you are closest to the mage council member. Burn her down with frozen orb or the like. I like nether tempest for this instance. If you get stunned by her bomb, ice block out of it.

Kill the engineer next. Again, stick NT on him and that should be enough.

Kill the fearing council member next and finally the last guy you kited all the way to the entrance.

Phase 4

Equip the legendary staff and use it (click on it to get the mental protection buff). Burn Kael down with any cooldowns you have. The staff will protect you from his stun.

I'd recommending using all your CDs because equipping the staff will significantly decrease your DPS. Use counterspell on the pyroblasts.

Phase 5

Just kill him at this point. Nothing he does poses a threat to us mages if we put out enough DPS.

Council is truly the hardest part. Other than that, simple!
03/31/2013 12:31 AMPosted by Rentrenus

Thank you both. It's actually pretty easy after all. It was the elemental.

How?!?!?!? For the life of me I can't keep this guy alive no matter what I do it seems.

What's the trick?

I told you. :P

Make sure you're only releasing Razor NEAR the orb. I also did it as arcane so I don't know about the pet issues. Razor will get a lot of aggro so you can peel it off him with a simple ice lance or two. Point is, releasing him near the orb will make him tunnel vision you (bringing all his adds to you). So one arcane explosion and a root should fix the problem. Start on the far side of the room and work your way to the orb. But..if you need to release him, make sure you're near the orb.

Haven't tried it with evocation/invocation. Other classes are able to do this easily because all they have to do is stick a HoT on themselves to get aggro off of Razor. Maybe the self-heal from evocation would be enough.
Thank you very much Nifhel.

What's the trick?

I told you. :P

Make sure you're only releasing Razor NEAR the orb. I also did it as arcane so I don't know about the pet issues. Razor will get a lot of aggro so you can peel it off him with a simple ice lance or two. Point is, releasing him near the orb will make him tunnel vision you (bringing all his adds to you). So one arcane explosion and a root should fix the problem. Start on the far side of the room and work your way to the orb. But..if you need to release him, make sure you're near the orb.

Haven't tried it with evocation/invocation. Other classes are able to do this easily because all they have to do is stick a HoT on themselves to get aggro off of Razor. Maybe the self-heal from evocation would be enough.

OMG

I did it O.o

I'm still kinda shocked :P

Being able to aggro off the adds really is key. The one time I did, I actually almost died from adds on me lol

A little tip: after you beat him by equipping the legendary staff, keep it equipped and go kill the boss with the non-stop silences.
03/31/2013 06:57 AMPosted by Rentrenus

A little tip: after you beat him by equipping the legendary staff, keep it equipped and go kill the boss with the non-stop silences.

Oh my god why didn't I think of this sooner?

After my 19th A'lar run today on my mage, now I have something else to do in TK besides breakdance all over Kael's dead body.
04/04/2013 12:48 AMPosted by Niflhel

Oh my god why didn't I think of this sooner?

After my 19th A'lar run today on my mage, now I have something else to do in TK besides breakdance all over Kael's dead body.

Yeah!

We got to help each other! :D

High-Five!