Disc Trinkets?

Priest
Aaahhh - Horridon's Last Gasp dropped from my last coin. I danced for joy!

Congrats to you - I do like this one ;)
I'm just hanging onto my upgrade Relic of Chi-Ji for dear life as my other trinket. Maybe as we go back and finish previous raids and try for heroics I'll get one of the other ones recommended.

Im so glad I upgraded the Chi-li, it'll be hard to let that one go when the time comes.

Congrats to you - I do like this one ;)
I'm just hanging onto my upgrade Relic of Chi-Ji for dear life as my other trinket. Maybe as we go back and finish previous raids and try for heroics I'll get one of the other ones recommended.

Im so glad I upgraded the Chi-li, it'll be hard to let that one go when the time comes.

For sure!
While the proc heals on some of the 5.2 trinkets seem lackluster, it is interesting to point out that the static spirit will increase rapture gains in addition to increasing overall regen. If I can get ahold of one of them (preferably probably not the absorb one, but we'll see how it plays out) I'd be interested in trying it.
While the proc heals on some of the 5.2 trinkets seem lackluster, it is interesting to point out that the static spirit will increase rapture gains in addition to increasing overall regen. If I can get ahold of one of them (preferably probably not the absorb one, but we'll see how it plays out) I'd be interested in trying it.

I would be interested to try this one Stolen Relic of Zuldazar
Most of the 5.2 trinkets offer 828 MP5 on average @ ilevel 522. (equivalent combat recovery) Horridon's offers slightly more due to how RPPM scales with haste.

The spirit trinkets give another 550 MP5 in Rapture returns given a 20s average Rapture return.

Over the course of an average boss fight the non-spirit trinkets can be expected to give an average of ~100k mana, the spirit trinkets ~165k mana.

Realistically, the Shado-Pan trinket can usually only realize 2 uses during an average fight, returning 59,610 mana. Even if you get 3 uses from it, that's 89,415 - far less than you can expect to get from any other 522 regen trinket.

Comparatively, 502 versions offer 688 MP5 on average, with 457 MP5 additional Rapture return, giving ~82k and ~138k mana respectively. Relic of Chi-Ji at base level will return ~90k mana, ~97k fully upgraded.

Ergo, the benefit of the Shado-Pan trinket is not the mana recovery, but rather the very large static int bonus it provides.
Most of the 5.2 trinkets offer 828 MP5 on average @ ilevel 522. (equivalent combat recovery) Horridon's offers slightly more due to how RPPM scales with haste.

The spirit trinkets give another 550 MP5 in Rapture returns given a 20s average Rapture return.

Over the course of an average boss fight the non-spirit trinkets can be expected to give an average of ~100k mana, the spirit trinkets ~165k mana.

Realistically, the Shado-Pan trinket can usually only realize 2 uses during an average fight, returning 59,610 mana. Even if you get 3 uses from it, that's 89,415 - far less than you can expect to get from any other 522 regen trinket.

Comparatively, 502 versions offer 688 MP5 on average, with 457 MP5 additional Rapture return, giving ~82k and ~138k mana respectively. Relic of Chi-Ji at base level will return ~90k mana, ~97k fully upgraded.

Ergo, the benefit of the Shado-Pan trinket is not the mana recovery, but rather the very large static int bonus it provides.

Wow, thank you for all that math. It made my head spin a little, but now I see why it seem so lackluster for mana!
The static Spirit trinkets will offer better regen than the Shado-Pan trinket, but everything else about them is downright awful.
If you are considering a trinket that gives 828 mp5 and saying you are getting an average of 100k mana per fight, that's assuming a ~10 minute fight, which means you would get at least 3 uses of the valor trinket (for 89415 mana), and if you use it early enough (or the fight is slightly longer than 10 minutes) you may even get 4 in, for a total of 119220 mana. At 29805 mana every 3 minutes, the valor trinket is worth 828 mp5 - the only difference is that its value fluctuates slightly based on fight length (it's more than 828 mp5 on for example a 5 minute fight where you could get two uses in).

Comparing the valor trinket to the regen offered by one of the passive spirit trinkets is silly as the T15 spirit trinkets have procs that amount to 1-1.5% of your healing; far less valuable than the additional intellect offered by a static int trinket or a spirit with int proc trinket like Qin-xi's. This is a succinct (and accurate, because the static spirit trinkets will increase rapture size) way to put it:

The static Spirit trinkets will offer better regen than the Shado-Pan trinket, but everything else about them is downright awful.

The valor trinket is not something you'll want to use forever, and maybe you have bigger upgrades you should be buying first, but it is an upgrade over Relic of Chi-Ji or non-heroic T14 raid trinkets.
Is anyone using the Volatile Shado Pan (Caster DPS VP) trinket? I'd be interested to hear thoughts on how the throughput proc stacks up against what amounts to an extra mana pot every 3 minutes.
On certain fights the Volatile Talisman would definitely be the better option. Going off the math of others you get 1936 haste on average from it(~22% uptime). Great on fights like Horridon/Ji-Kun/Animus where your primary heals is via Atonement.
If you need regen still ~
Spirits of the Sun + Horridon's Last Gasp

OR

Spirits of the Sun + Qin-xi's Polarizing Seal

If you want more throughput ~

Lightning-Imbued Chalice + Horridon's Last Gasp//Spirits of the Sun

Edit:

• Valor trinket (friendly w/ raid rep): [Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault]
    On Use, 180sec CD.
    The on-use for this trinket is 29,805 mana with a 3 min CD on PTR (wowhead tooltip is wrong). On-use is equivalent to 1423.5 spi in ideal conditions. Assuming that we take 20 seconds to reach -29,805 mana, and an average fight length of 8 minutes, this would be 1364 spi. Shorter fight durations or longer time-to-first-use would further reduce this amount.
  • More in depth trinket analysis can be found @ http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3071
    If you need regen still ~

This is misleading. If a person needs regen still, they will not be going for Spirit of the Sun or Qin-xi, because neither one can be upgraded anymore and neither one compares to Shado-Pan.
    Wouldn't Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance and Lightning-Imbued Chalice provide the most throughput if mana isn't a consideration.
    Chalice apparently got a major buff; it might actually be a good choice now.
    if mana isn't a consideration.
    Please tell me how useful the hydra bag is proc wise then talk bad about the shadow pan trinket. It kicks !@#, especially for how easily it is obtained. ~90 mana regen from the fight (7 mins) and 1467 static intel. Great throughput and mana regen from a VP trinket, thanks blizz.

What i'm interested in is how useful the procs/use off the chalice and relic are as comparable to the mana regen of horridon's trinket. I'm looking at heroic progression and not sure how mana intensive the fights will be.
    Currently 510 ilvl, 12.1k combat regen (no spirit flask or food) and at 6/12 progression. Only fight that strained my mana was Megeara otherwise ive blown through any other fight on normal mode. Using DMC + shadow pan no upgrades.

From what i've read disc mastery does not benefit the absorbs from the new trinkets so im thinking chalice is the only substitute for the horridon trinket, which ironically is very similar to our 4piece bonus as per the proc itself, not how its obtained. I can see the 4 piece and chalice working very well with atonement healing as it provides more opportunities for smart heals while keeping dps on the boss to down it that much quicker or help progression that much more.

Thoughts?
    I really like the VP Dps int trink. I use that and SPirits of the sun for most fights for the int. on a longer mana harsh fight like horridon I use the Vp trink and hydra spirit trink.