Auto-learned flight paths.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
This is only an issue if your goal is to skip everything under lv90 content. If racing to end game is the only reason you play, you're denying yourself a lot of what the game has to offer.

This game is called WORLD of Warcraft, think about that name for a minute. The World is the main character in this story. I was a little sad when I saw new characters had all the flight paths already. Deathknights still start with all the old world flight paths and I think that's a shame. Just because you can't get maximum experience from them, doesn't mean the old zones aren't worth exploring.

Many people say they've seen everything the world has to offer. I say maybe you've seen all the quests it has to offer.

If you stop and look closely and explore, you'll find things you never knew were there before. Not everything has to reward you with substance, and not everything has to increase your personal wealth. There are treasures of the mind, and treasures of the heart, you can find even in a virtual world. There is beauty all around you if you open up your eyes and take a look.

Our real world is much the same.

Thing is.
I've seen all I care to see of the world.
I've got countless alts and I don't care to see or do the same quests a hundred times.
or run 30 minutes just to get one flight point for each of them.

If I have to run 30 minutes I normally burn out and stop all together or just say "screw it" and dungeon.

It's very unlikely you'll have to ever travel for 30 minutes. I believe you can now go from Ironforge to WPL in under 10 minutes, with a lv20 mount.

It really isn't that bad, and you can queue for a dungeon or a battleground while you travel.

Also, think from another perspective. Just because you've seen all you want to see, doesn't mean you can't be surprised. It also doesn't mean other players have seen as much as you.

I think it does more harm than good to eliminate exploration altogether. There's a very fine line between convenience and outright laziness? Not really the word I'm looking for, but all that comes to mind right now.

Everyone has different goals, some are more invested, some less. My advice is.... don't be in such a rush. The games not going anywhere.
A low priority bug that might be hard to fix could last for a very long while.
Was not a bug, it was placed in the 4.1 patch notes

But i am glad to not auto learn them. Makes it easier for me to tell where i need to go to quest at
I have explored the world since TBC, there is not a point in the world I want to see at all.
I don't care anymore.
I don't want to walk around the world again and again.

So this thread's about you? Makes sense now.
I have explored the world since TBC, there is not a point in the world I want to see at all.
I don't care anymore.
I don't want to walk around the world again and again.

Maybe quote me alongside the person I was replying to next time?
They say it was a bug. Do you believe that?

I'm waiting breathlessly for their announcement about the chocolate rations. I hear it's good news.
I'm with those who want them to be account bound. If I'm new, then no FP's. If I've been playing for a while then I will get all the FP's available to my main/alts for each zone I'm at level in.

It is very annoying when you want to switch zones and suddenly have a long jog ahead of you. Someone gave the example of a quest that takes you to WPL from BB. Well fine and dandy except for those like me who hate questing in STV. Long run, though not as bad as making your way from SW to WPL. And I've done the run to BB. Multiple times including at level on a PvP server.

For those of us that have done the content repeatedly and would like the freedom to switch zones, having FP's account bound would be nice. Even on alts I've chosen to not take the FP's or enter a zone early and would run on my own. Having a choice for those of us who have been around for years would be nice. Nothing is forcing someone from taking a FP available to them.
I have composed a macro for you to use.

/target horse
/beat

You dare SUMMON ME!

I nearly choked on my ice. Well done.

Maybe quote me alongside the person I was replying to next time?

Hehe. Maybe I will read the whole thing next time. :) Sorry for the inconvenience.
This makes no sense.

Once your character has passed the content level of a zone you should automatically learn all the flight points in it.

Sure, manually get the flight points for a zone you haven't been in that has relevant quests in it. That makes complete sense. But why on earth would you force level 90's to google "flight masters of whatever zone", pull up a guide, and figure out where each one is and fly there.

That's fun?!?!?
Because running everywhere on foot on your tenth alt is "fun" and "more immersive."
Because running everywhere on foot on your tenth alt is "fun" and "more immersive."

Clearly it's very fun.
If you have the explorer achievement, you should automatically be trained flight paths.
If you have the explorer achievement, you should automatically be trained flight paths.

Right, because flying over the world is one hell of an achievement.