destro Incinerate in pvp

Warlock
Incinerates damage in pvp is ridiculously low, a player with 400+k hp full malev would only get hit by an incinerate for 18-20k, this is far too low i think blizz should change us back from being a one button spec (chaos bolt HUR HUR) and give us some other ways to do damage besides casting 3 second casts its getting quite boring.
incinerate is fine
Have you seen wrath? lol
no, hows wrath? all i usually see from druids is dots and starsurges
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNAMIuD5-rI

Yes, I have seen wrath.
You do realize that's 20 incinerates (no immolate, no conflagrates, no fel flames, no CBs) to kill a 400k health full malev player, right? Your DPS toolkit is in good shape.
You do realize that's 20 incinerates (no immolate, no conflagrates, no fel flames, no CBs) to kill a 400k health full malev player, right? Your DPS toolkit is in good shape.

LOL

"You realize that if you hardcast this spell TWENTY TIMES and the opponents do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING you can win, right?"

Meanwhile mages and shadowpriests kill you in 3 globals tops.
03/28/2013 11:48 AMPosted by Lokthen

LOL

"You realize that if you hardcast this spell TWENTY TIMES and the opponents do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING you can win, right?"

Meanwhile chaos bolt spell lock chaos bolt.
03/28/2013 11:48 AMPosted by Lokthen

LOL

Would love to see a spriest kill anyone in 3 globals.

lol
Also, our dmg is fine.
Damage is fine.. might be difficult in arenas but BGs are fine.
Incinerates damage in pvp is ridiculously low, a player with 400+k hp full malev would only get hit by an incinerate for 18-20k, this is far too low i think blizz should change us back from being a one button spec (chaos bolt HUR HUR) and give us some other ways to do damage besides casting 3 second casts its getting quite boring.
idk whats wrong with your incinerates. but mine crit for good 80ks on fairly geared ppl when i got cds up. i think thats fairly enough considering im using fel flame even more lol. and conflag and chaos bolt are your big hitters. please dont complain about damage when we have this in pvp.

Spriests typically kill people in a single blanket silence.
03/28/2013 02:42 PMPosted by Conradical

Spriests typically kill people in a single blanket silence.
very true -.-
In a BG setting, Incinerate works fine. The reason it seems low in single target is because they had to take Fire and Brimstone into account. With that, you can already top meters and pressure healers before landing a deadly Chaos Bolt or Shadowburn. That and people will hold their silence waiting for the Chaos Bolt when you can wait a few seconds until someone (usually the kill target) gets low enough for a Shadowburn ... or the healers to be forced to make a decision on who lives and who dies.

As for arena, I could see the problem with Destro pvp having too much hard casting with the loss of a lot of our cc at the beginning of the expansion. That will change towards the end of the expansion when people have more haste.
03/27/2013 08:09 PMPosted by Lemonzorr

I think you are doing it wrong...

You need to use your mobility spells more often and learn to use RoF, F&B, conflag... basically ALL of your spells. I like to slam someone with conflag, port a short distance (or use burning rush) and spam a few incinerates their way. Does more damage than you may realize. This is all to line up some embers for either CB or the lovely shadowburn.

You are not an arcane mage from WoTLK, you DO have more than one spell worth a damn...

LOL

I apologize for going so very far over your head.