I am not happy...DPS is low...

Mage
for all the kids saying mages are no on par with dps with other classes, at a 502 ilvl frost mage is the highest dps in the game and then at 522 ilvl arcane is highest dps in the game... you obviously don't know how to play your spec very well if you can't do 100k dps in 504 ilvl gear
Tested in raids:

Fire: Still below par from what I was a while back, at times I'm at 65-100k depending on RNG.

Frost: Competitive, but still up to 20k behind under similar geared people, usually around 120k.

Arcane: Haven't tried it, I don't like the play style.

I know this isn't definitive proof of anything substantial, just my own personal observations, hunters and locks still roflstomp me on meters, even though my gear is 10 ilvl's higher.
for all the kids saying mages are no on par with dps with other classes, at a 502 ilvl frost mage is the highest dps in the game and then at 522 ilvl arcane is highest dps in the game... you obviously don't know how to play your spec very well if you can't do 100k dps in 504 ilvl gear

I'm just curious, I thought the shado-pan assault trinket and the LotC was better than relic and terror, did I miss something? I was going to use terror as well, but im haste capped with lust and procs atm, frostbolt is at .89 sec GCD. That's why I'm asking.

I just hope I'm not using the wrong ones, I have others in my bags. What's your thoughts on it?

Edit: I am so jealous of the new troll models coming, I wish I could be one, I miss being horde >_<
@Blinkdog, I totally agree. It is just that I am asking to see if there is anything i can do to improve on dps....as my raid spot is no longer secure as being the only mage in the guild.

@Del...tried frost and found it boring, clunky and annoying.

If you think frost is clunky... I hope you get used to it soon, because fire is going to be crap for a while (until you get about a 520 GS). Frost is very good and arcane isn't bad either, depending on which suits your mood better and on if you have a lot of haste or mastery gear already. I'd recommend picking up the shado-pan rep ring too, it's great for frost or fire.

As a mage, our top spec gets routinely nerfed and our worst spec ends up becoming our best spec after these nerfs - it's one of those things you'll just have to deal with because our dps is fine if you're willing to switch.
Just wondering why are you gemming intellect? Seems like your missing a lot of crit rating from gems that would def help you.
Thanks for the feed back.

To some i say that i was frost during 5.1 and was topping meters and was doing ok. Then got absolutely bored of it cause of the play style...wait for proc...use it. Wait again..use it. Fire is almost the same and arcane is annoying. I have tried frost this patch and still find myself doing subpar dps.

As for the gems...i actually dont have gold anymore to purchase anything cause of constant switching specs to find the right spec.

Dazzlerain...I am ashamed to come from the same realm as you and worse your in the top guild on our server yet have no proper constructive criticism, instead its condescending and elitist.
I am sitting at an ilvl 504 and i can barely keep above 100k dps...during the first 2min of a fight i am able to but otherwise i drop so far down it is not funny...

any tips on improvement?

roll a rogue and spam shuriken toss in a bg at 30+ yards out. cuz accuracy with a throwing star at that range is like a sniper.