Good Luck To You All.

Ravenholdt
Well, I came and I saw all the glory of Ravenholdt just to avoid CRZ.
And I left.
Good luck to all of you and may you have many great hours of game play.

As much as I hate CRZ , It's still better than the 300+ deaths in 30 days time.

Have a great time.
It's just not for me.
Though I have not been killed that many times...recently, I do feel you pain. Its one of the major reasons why I migrated to RH. What sucked even more was being killed and camped while on an alt by a person who you helped get a rare item in the game.

Goodluck on your travels.
Well, that's why you need a guild or friends to have your back. Attacking lowbies is a renowned way to attract attention to yourself, you just happened to be one of the few that doesn't know anybody capable of doing something about it.

If it was a hit and run, it was probably a show of dominance towards a guild you were a part of. Or somebody like myself that has no mercy for Alliance in general.
Yeah, have had some shared boss fights where I had to avoid AOE attacks as they were cross faction group endeavors.

Not seen the camping and killing.

Very little ganking as well. Not that I did not get killed but not the annoying getting jumped by a rogue while trailing a crowd of mobs that are all almost dead.
It's still better than the 300+ deaths in 30 days time.

Damn. I read the little mouseover description and I was hoping you were Horde.
Yeah, communication is the thing. If you're not acquainted with the people who would come make you an unpalatable target and don't speak in the channels that will get you some help, it can be rough, especially in the new zones.

Also, you learn not to walk around all bold n brassy. If you see an unguarded area like an unguarded mailbox or a vendor, and there are higher level/more numerous/members of certain guild enemies around, you just don't walk into the middle of 'em unless you're hoping for a fight. Because the chances are good that you'll get one.
Is it that bad on the Alliance? o.o God damn bro.

No, it isn't.

Furthermore, there is RP and PvP aplenty. Seek and ye shall find, my friends.

I think some people just find themselves having bad experiences, and project those to the server as a whole. Ravenholdt is a good place to be.

<3
No, it isn't.

I think that the OP just isn't used to playing on PvP servers. It takes a very different mentality. As Oolaki mentioned, you have to play defensively:

-Don't tunnel-vision your PvE objective; be aware of your surroundings.

-If the enemy outnumbers / outlevels / outgears you, assume you will get attacked unprovoked.

-If you get ganked, survey the area before rezzing. Pay attention to where your attacker is and what direction they are looking. As somebody who's done a fair amount of ganking myself, it baffles me when the enemy rezzes in plain sight. It's almost like they are asking to be camped.

Break the line of sight on your attacker before rezzing. Have a clear idea of which direction you are going to go once you're up. Mount up as soon as you rez. If you can get on a flying mount, there is absolutely no excuse for getting killed twice in a row.
04/04/2013 04:30 PMPosted by Cayreth
No, it isn't.

I think that the OP just isn't used to playing on PvP servers. It takes a very different mentality. As Oolaki mentioned, you have to play defensively:

-Don't tunnel-vision your PvE objective; be aware of your surroundings.

-If the enemy outnumbers / outlevels / outgears you, assume you will get attacked unprovoked.

-If you get ganked, survey the area before rezzing. Pay attention to where your attacker is and what direction they are looking. As somebody who's done a fair amount of ganking myself, it baffles me when the enemy rezzes in plain sight. It's almost like they are asking to be camped.

Break the line of sight on your attacker before rezzing. Have a clear idea of which direction you are going to go once you're up. Mount up as soon as you rez. If you can get on a flying mount, there is absolutely no excuse for getting killed twice in a row.

My last camping session was a few days ago while leveling my 38 monk. She did not have a chance since it was 3 90s...Mage, Hunter and DK combo. After several deaths, my Q popped and I was able to escape to the safety of an instance. I should have paid more attention to the names and G Tags, but I failed at that since they mounted up and went up in the air.

Like the old saying goes...PVP Happened...then again its not truely pvp where you have 3v1 and the 3 are 90s to a single 38 ... more like red = dead.
@Bob: Yea, I guess my advice is more for 1v1 situations. If the odds are heavily stacked against you and you are unable to fly, you really only have two options: 1) Bring friends, 2) Do the "Sammich" thing. In either case, it's about denying the easy kill, which is what three 90s piling on a 38 are after.
@Bob: Yea, I guess my advice is more for 1v1 situations. If the odds are heavily stacked against you and you are unable to fly, you really only have two options: 1) Bring friends, 2) Do the "Sammich" thing. In either case, it's about denying the easy kill, which is what three 90s piling on a 38 are after.

Well to be honest...I was like "F" it...and continued on questing in between the sudden flashes of light that indicated that I had died. If I am to be the target dummy...then someone else is being spared the pain of having smores cooked over their camped body.

In terms of calling for assist...I was out in BFE and I have regressed to playing solo like I did during Van. I tend not to bother or use RB's resources.
If I am to be the target dummy...

Pffft you can't get a proper rotation on a level 38.

Then again what do I know, I just target the tank and cast Mind Sear over and over and over until the instance/raid is over. On longer fights, I just use my macro'd Razer Naga that does a key press every five seconds.

Yes, I have discovered the iwin button.
04/04/2013 08:51 PMPosted by Halldór
If I am to be the target dummy...

Pffft you can't get a proper rotation on a level 38.

Then again what do I know, I just target the tank and cast Mind Sear over and over and over until the instance/raid is over. On longer fights, I just use my macro'd Razer Naga that does a key press every five seconds.

Yes, I have discovered the iwin button.

Agh damn...who let the little dress wearing dorg out of his box before his Rit-A-Lice has clean him of those pesky little buggers. Need to find a priest or death knight o life grip him back into his little box...

Yeah, I miss playing the shadow priest...but the best thing by far is swaping HP from the tank when you get low on HP...
There are a lot of great points in this thread and I would just like to highlight some of them for anyone who is worried about the potential for PvP on Ravenholdt.

We are an RP-PvP server.
This means that you can't play as if you're on a PvE or an RP-only server. As Cayreth said, you need to be aware of your surroundings and ready for PvP at any time. Know if there are Allies and Horde around, know where the guards are, and know your class abilities on escaping. Understand that you are always a potential target and be smart about how you play - that could mean not ressing while there is a Horde player with a campfire sitting on your corpse, or it could mean not gallivanting across the countryside through groups of Horde players.

Know how to ask for help.
If you are Alliance, you will likely be outnumbered...but not for long. While we are the smaller faction, we're far from helpless. We're very protective of our players and there are a lot of us who jump at the chance to help keep people from being camped. Ask in channels like /RP for help if you're getting camped. Be aware of the Council (four guilds - Twilight Empire, Sentinels, Indelibles, and Reprisal) because we can usually find enough people to at least get you un-camped. Group up with Allies in the area.

Ravenholdt is a community server.
This point ties in with the one above, but I think it's important enough to talk about explicitly. We are a CRZ-free server, which means that we're small and we know each other. The state of the world is that you're more likely to help a friend than someone that you don't know. I encourage everyone to reach out and get to know the community here. There are several Horde who will hug me when they see me because they know me from the forums (caveat: there are also several Horde who will paint a target on my back and chase me too!). Still, knowing people will help you to sort of expect responses from others - I know which Horde to be careful around and I know which Horde will likely just wave at me.

I know that we have several threads in the TE forums talking about PvP tactics and anti-camping tips, so I will try to look for those and share them with people! But truly, Ravenholdt is not nearly as bad as the OP might make it seem. I don't know why he had such a negative experience, but in leveling to 90 I was only killed a few times by Horde. As we like to say, we're PvP-light in that regard.
What she said :)
Yes, what she said.

You should just cool down, reboot, and stick around for a bit longer. ^^
Oh Ravenholdt Alliance, how I miss you.