Need Some Fire PvE Help

Mage
Note: my enchants, I know, are bad; it's because I'm leveling enchanting myself, & it's taking a lot longer than I'd hoped. So I know what I need to do there, & probably I should just bite the bullet, spend the money, & get someone to enchant stuff for me. I get that part.

What I think I need help with is gems, & rotation, & perhaps my glyphs too.

I've read the Fire Mage PvE guide, but I'm confused (yea, I'm a Gnome) by the "priority" of spells that's set up. The "priority" seems to imply that Combustion is first priority, & spamming of Fireballs the last -- should I be opening with Combustion, then Bomb/Mirror Image, then direct nukes until Pyro procs off Hot Streak?

I have no trouble at all soloing, but any time I get into any group at all, my DPS just flat-out sucks, & I'm tired of it. I feel like I'm doing my best to follow the rotations, but it's just not working for me, & I'm now gun-shy about even trying Heroic 5-mans, because I keep getting called out for crap DPS & feeling terri-bad about myself, & I don't like that. But I also feel like I'm a tweak or two away from "getting it," & becoming the faceroll Fire Mage I'm supposed to be.

MTIA.
Ok just so you know fire is very gear dependent so your numbers will be behind for awhile. That being said there are several things you can change.

I would switch out a major glyph to combustion, no idea why you have the elemental one. Also change your cloak enchant to Lightweave it's a dps gain. You're over the hit cap by over 1% so you need to reforge to crit or haste. Living Bomb really isn't that great for fire anymore so I would switch to Nether Tempest.

Run the Arena scenario so you can replace the green wand your using now, it's a quest 450 blue you will get. Don't gem straight intel, the combo gems will suit you better. Get a belt buckle for your belt since it's a 496 pc and you will have it for awhile, recommend putting a straight crit gem in it.

As far as your rotation goes you want to keep your bomb up as much as possible for the buff. After that it's pretty much fireballs until you get heating up for a Pyro. You want to use your combustion when you have a good ignite rolling so you need an addon to track it. I use magenuggets but there are several out there that you can choose from. Never ever open with it since you won't have an ignite going. Use scorch when you need to move so you are always casting.

These are just the basics but I hope they help.
I would switch out a major glyph to combustion

The only reason I haven't done that is the increased cooldown. Apparently, I've been thinking incorrectly about that, but thanx, I'll give that a try.

Also change your cloak enchant to Lightweave it's a dps gain.

OK, I'm pretty sure I can do that myself, & I'll give that a shot.

You're over the hit cap by over 1% so you need to reforge to crit or haste.

Ack. I was afraid of this ... I've been working hard to equip solely for Hit & Crit, & apparently over-did it.

Run the Arena scenario so you can replace the green wand your using now, it's a quest 450 blue you will get.

I have the 450 staff, but I switched it out when I got the Tornado Censor, in hopes of soon getting a 476+ main hand item. I've still got the staff, tho. Should I just bank the Censor for now until I get a main hand upgrade?

Don't gem straight intel, the combo gems will suit you better.

I dug through the gems, but I'm betting I didn't look closely enough.

Get a belt buckle for your belt since it's a 496 pc

OK, I guess I'm a gear n00b .... I haven't bought a bucklet yet, because my belt already had a gem slot open ... does the buckle give another slot on top of that? If so, then /facepalm to me for not thinking.

As far as your rotation goes you want to keep your bomb up as much as possible for the buff.

OK, it sounds like I only need to tweak the rotation a little bit. Thank you for your advice!
I'd suggest you go spend some time with askmrrobot.com... that site will tell you what you need to know about forging, 'chants, & gems.

I use a really good opener... first Frostjaw to freeze the target. Then I go for a hardcast Pyro. Shatter gives a very high probability it will crit. Inferno Blast next will give you a Pyro proc. So before the guy even really gets to you, you will have drained a ton of HP off him.

Get MageNuggets, BUT go for the 3.25 version. It has a decent counter for bombs, BUT after that version, he leaves it's graphic up for 3 extra seconds... it's a major distraction to glance and think you still have a bomb ticking (which you do not, and while it's straightforward, it seriously sucks in any complex fight... i.e raiding or heroics).

Watch it's Ignite monitor, it shows you the value of your Ignite. The trick is knowing what ignites you get in specific situations because you want to use Combustion when it's close to the highest it might get. For normal dailies, pretty much anything over 20k would be an excellent time to cast it.

Yes, the belt buckle enchant adds an additional socket beyond any that the waist comes with... into which you want to put a 320 crit gem!

There are much better VP boots @Shieldwall quartermaster.