Game of Thrones

Movies, TV and Entertainment
someone really needs to stick that Crossbow up where the sun don't shine.
This latest episode is probably the most different from the books so far, but I really liked most of what they added in or changed
This latest episode is probably the most different from the books so far, but I really liked most of what they added in or changed

I really liked the scene with Thoros and Melisandre meeting, was probably my favorite of the new additions. Seems Gendry is going to take Edric's place, should work out well.
"I win"

Littlefinger's dialog was pretty creepy as well.

Overall I really liked this episode, even the deviations from the book. I actually like most of the deviations because it gives me a sense of not knowing and suspense. If they followed it all exactly, it wouldn't be as good I think because I would know exactly what's going to happen next.
"I win"

Littlefinger's dialog was pretty creepy as well.

Overall I really liked this episode, even the deviations from the book. I actually like most of the deviations because it gives me a sense of not knowing and suspense. If they followed it all exactly, it wouldn't be as good I think because I would know exactly what's going to happen next.

yeah getting the feeling that Little Finger would watch the entire kingdom burn if it means he ends up sitting on the throne surrounded by the ashes.

The arranged weddings are just the thing to push Sansa onto his boat.

ironicly marriage to Tyrion would probably the best thing for her. He may be a sneaky, clever little imp but the guy is honestly good at heart. She could actually be safe for once.
ironicly marriage to Tyrion would probably the best thing for her. He may be a sneaky, clever little imp but the guy is honestly good at heart. She could actually be safe for once.

Tyrion is a good guy, but I am not sure he could do much to keep Sansa safe considering he is living in fear for his own life.
Tyrion is a good guy, but I am not sure he could do much to keep Sansa safe considering he is living in fear for his own life.

Yea, but seeing that Sansa and Tyrion are Tywin's key to the North, if the Lannister's end up beating Robb, Tyrion is a lot safer then he was before this betrothal

Yea, but seeing that Sansa and Tyrion are Tywin's key to the North...

Tywin has serious problems much closer to home. Same could be said for Tyrion (hint hint).

The skullduggery is truly epic in this series and they've portrayed this quite well in the transition from print to video.
Was hoping for more of a verbal beatdown between Tywin and Joffrey, this felt more like Joffrey was just too empty headed to realize he was being disrespected. Better than nothing though 8)

I realize they had to cut some characters for the show, but I really don't think they should have cut the brave companions. Having Bolton expect Tywin to be OK with Jaime's maiming because it was his underling who did it, not himself, seems silly. Having the brave companions take the blame made more sense, with the added bonus of Tywin having to take some of the blame since he is the one who brought the companions over.
have to say I am pretty much done with Theon's story.

Just kill him and be done with it, there is really no need to drag that out.
Tyrion was good, but Bronn is the man.

Bronn has been my favorite character since.. Ned Stark.
05/14/2013 05:15 AMPosted by Nethekurse
Tyrion was good, but Bronn is the man.

Jaime is kinda starting to redeem himself a bit now. Other than the whole sister boinking thing, that's still pretty sickening...
05/20/2013 12:43 AMPosted by Khalnayak

Jaime is kinda starting to redeem himself a bit now. Other than the whole sister boinking thing, that's still pretty sickening...

that and the shoving a kid out a window

very hard to redeem Jamie when you keep remembering those parts.

Tyrion on the other hand is a magnificent drunk and here is hoping he gets a chance to follow through with his threat.
I find myself liking the guy playing Stannis more and more, he fits the character so well.

Tyrion was great as usual.

Sam took off running without picking up the dagger he used that actually worked, seems kind of dumb.
Sam took off running without picking up the dagger he used that actually worked, seems kind of dumb.

That is exactly what I thought when I watched that scene.

Yeah there were crows around and they were probably creeped out but for all we know he is now defenseless. Which based on what he has seen, seems kind of dumb.

Didn't he find more than one dagger on the show?

In the books, when he found the obsidian daggers, he found tons of them.
Well it's over. I was really expecting this episode to focus on Joffrey's wedding and the attack on the wall, but I guess they are saving that for early next season or something.

I enjoyed Varys's conversation with Shae. He comes across as one of the few "good" guys on the show.

Was nice to see Arya get some payback, however small. And I am glad they didn't show what's in Theon's box 8)

I enjoyed Varys's conversation with Shae. He comes across as one of the few "good" guys on the show.

I'm not sure I'd characterize Varys as a "good" guy. He has his own agenda and is obviously a Targaryen partisan. The "why" is certainly open to debate, but he definitely is. I suspect he's actually a Faceless Man, but time will tell.
I'm not sure I'd characterize Varys as a "good" guy. He has his own agenda and is obviously a Targaryen partisan. The "why" is certainly open to debate, but he definitely is. I suspect he's actually a Faceless Man, but time will tell.

I call him good, because he is one of the few that seems to actually have the best interest of the realm in mind. He may do some shady things, but it seems like it always comes down to him trying to spill the least amount of blood. He doesn't seem to be doing anything for personal power like Littlefinger, though I admit Varys' endgame is not totally clear, so maybe I am wrong 8)

I don't think he is a faceless man though, they strike me as politically neutral, which Varys isn't, and aren't they contract killers? As far as I know, Varys hasn't killed anyone.
Is the book worth getting into after seeing every episode so far?

I'm interested but feel like i ruined it for myself having all the spoiler knowledge. (thanks wow trade chat)