Warlock PvP Spec

Warlock
Warlock is still level 87 so I haven't finalized a spec yet :P.
Was Just wondering what the good specs are atm.
for!
Arena-
BGs-
RBGs-
WPvP-

If you could let me know which specs dominate in those that'd be great! also if you have any pvp guides for the specs could you link them as well :)! Text or Video either will work.
I haven't bothered to step into the Arena this season so I won't comment on that, but for BGs, RBGs, and WPvP I recommend destro.

A majority of locks are going destro because of the great burst ability and the INSANE self healing (Dark Regen + HS and/or ET = deathless!) If your demon gets dropped for some reason you can burn an ember to have it right back at your side, and using Havoc + CB allows you to put intense pressure on a healer. The ability to "fire and forget" your RoF AoE allows you to weed out stealthers and guard key nodes or flags. Finally, with Soulburn you can always finish off an enemy player who is below the 20% threshold and that keeps the embers coming for additional CBs.
Arena- Demo/Destro, Affliction (affliction isn't great but playable)
BGs- Destro/Demo/Affliction (just bg's amirite?)
RBGs- Destro (Fire and Brimstone)
WPvP- Destro (ember tap, so helpful)
Arena- Demo/Destro, Affliction (affliction isn't great but playable)
BGs- Destro/Demo/Affliction (just bg's amirite?)
RBGs- Destro (Fire and Brimstone)
WPvP- Destro (ember tap, so helpful)

For RBGs it really depends on what your comp is and what BG it is, so sometimes Demo can be useful for like pushing people off of LM, Flags, and all the other nonsense.
03/30/2013 02:47 AMPosted by Atomically
For RBGs it really depends on what your comp is and what BG it is, so sometimes Demo can be useful for like pushing people off of LM, Flags, and all the other nonsense.

Though I haven't tried a RBG as demo, I assume you can use Glyph of Meteor for a surprise assault on GM too correct?
03/30/2013 01:05 PMPosted by Zaorísh

Though I haven't tried a RBG as demo, I assume you can use Glyph of Meteor for a surprise assault on GM too correct?

You'll still take the fall damage, just not die if anything leap before landing to not get damaged.
03/30/2013 01:22 PMPosted by Rampard
You'll still take the fall damage, just not die if anything leap before landing to not get damaged.

They fixed the way it worked since it came out. Now you take very little damage.
Arena: Destro. Need ember tap when running double DPS and they decide to burn you first.

BGs: Destro/Demo. Destro for distracting entire BG groups at one node, Demo for royally !@#$ing one guy with Service:Felguard, Imp Swarm, Meta. Affliction is viable, but you actually have to be ridiculously focused to actually manage it successfully.

RBGs: Destro, Fire and Brimstone brings unparalleled constant team-wide damage out of all lock specs as well as kill-securing Shadowburns to guarantee a kill on the people that get low before a healer can save them.

WPvP: Demo. Unless you're being ganked by everyone at once, Demo has extremely powerful 1v1 presence through the use of two stuns Felguard/Grimoire:Felguard, high survivability that doesn't sacrifice damage output through Nether Plating+Sacrificial Pact+Dark Regeneration+Healthstone, extra mobility through Demon Leap, and powerful damage that can't be completely negated via silence (Imps, Felguard, Immolation Aura if applied before the silence) and constant damage in bursts through Touch of Chaos that cannot be interrupted.
Arena: Demo/Aff
Bgs: Demo/Aff/Destro
Rbgs: Destro
Wpvp: Demo/Destro
Arena - Shadow Priest
BGs - All are viable and fun
RBGs - Destro
Arena - Shadow Priest
BGs - All are viable and fun
RBGs - Destro

This guy's got it.
Demo all the way, I lul at every class and spec. Truly the strongest spec of the 3 in my eyes that is.
Demo for everything, period.

In arenas, I totally eat non-demo locks - they are always my first target and they go down. In RBGs my demo lock crushes it, often top dmg and always great at big mob fights and holding flags.

When I roll afflic or destro, i just die all the damn time, its never fun... haha.
03/31/2013 05:42 AMPosted by Fixilock
When I roll afflic or destro, i just die all the damn time, its never fun... haha.

You and I should exchange tips then. I have always been a fan of demo, but I recently tried it out in BGs and got stomped quick. Maybe I am not giving myself enough time to readjust, but when I roll destro I am unstoppable.

Any tips on demo in PvP would be appreciated cause everyone is destro these days and that is just no fun.

You die because you didn't invest the same amount of time in those specs as you did in demo. Destro is better than demo for rbg's because of Fire and Brimstone and CB/Shadowburn. It's a spec that brings both great AoE and amazing single target burst with a great execute that you can havoc onto someone else to keep that momentum going.

You and I should exchange tips then. I have always been a fan of demo, but I recently tried it out in BGs and got stomped quick. Maybe I am not giving myself enough time to readjust, but when I roll destro I am unstoppable.

Any tips on demo in PvP would be appreciated cause everyone is destro these days and that is just no fun.

Demo is good, you just have to keep playing it. Here's some general tips that I can think of at the top of my head.

*If a hunter stampedes, a mage mirror images, a demo lock uses imps, etc. hellfire for some great fury regen.
*If fury regen is plentiful you can hop in demon form, put up a curse, come out and put up the other curse on the target. Now the target has both curses on it.
*Try not to use shadow bolt, it's not a great spell, Fel Flame and Soul Fire procs will be used so much more. The Soul Fire procs hit the hardest in demon form.
*You can insta summon your pet a certain amount of seconds after it dies, you can also re-summon it for a certain amount of fury if you go into demon form.
*You have two portals as demo, one outside of demon form, and one in demon form.
03/31/2013 10:18 AMPosted by Skend
*You have two portals as demo, one outside of demon form, and one in demon form.

How does this part work?
03/31/2013 10:42 AMPosted by Zaorísh

How does this part work?

If you use your portal in your normal form it'll port you, but if you need to use it again and it's still on cool down you can hop into demon form and use it again. It's one of the reasons demo has great survivability
03/31/2013 11:41 AMPosted by Skend
If you use your portal in your normal form it'll port you, but if you need to use it again and it's still on cool down you can hop into demon form and use it again. It's one of the reasons demo has great survivability

Blizz must have caught onto this cause it doesn't seem to work now