Blizzard, I'm sorry

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
Thanks for sharing that.

This is a bit... lazy for a blizzard response. Usually you guys have more enthusiasm.
Thanks for sharing that.

Is that like blue version of "Cool story, bro."?
04/18/2013 02:44 AMPosted by Dreknathal
Thanks for sharing that.

This is a bit... lazy for a blizzard response. Usually you guys have more enthusiasm.

Just the fact that a blue read that is enough for me.
Hopefully they share the sentiment with everyone else.
Wouldn't it be awesome if the added a "leeroy jenkins" shout-out to all related rush abilities?
Thank you for sharing that! Wholeheartedly agree! Perfection! Oscars since 2004! Thank you Blizz.
Some of this I agree with you on, however.... this type of thing is more noticible solo playing or in a Scenario. In a raid, you barely know what the hell you are casting. I don't get visceral animation or feeling when execute goes off or shield slam procs for me.
I'd like to write my own personal "I'm Sorry".

On Tuesday I was doing the world bosses on my two 90's and it would seem I was destined to get nothing but gold bags.

In a necro-thread that has since been deleted, I made a post saying that if all I get was gold bags this week, then I would punch Mike Morhaime through the Internet.

Well, later Tuesday evening I did Oondasta and Sha of Anger on my Paladin and got the 522 Tanking chest off of Oon via Bonus Roll, and then got the White Tiger pants off of Sha, which replaced the crafted 450 blue's I have been wearing for the past several months.

So Mike, I'm sorry I threatened to punch you through the Internet.

{◕ ◡ ◕}
OP: Thanks fer the post. The finer details are also what I like about WoW.

Rest of Us: Sometimes, you must sweat the small stuff, 'just gotta know when...
I will say this until the end of wow:

The music and sounds of WOW are just amazing.
04/18/2013 02:47 AMPosted by Stormbrew
Thanks for sharing that.

Is that like blue version of "Cool story, bro."?

It would be if you tried real hard to interpret it wrong.
Thanks for sharing that.

I'm disappointed at this post. It feels more "meh" than conveying what I'm sure was meant to be something that was supposed to be more enthusiastic.

As for OP, that's why I play this game. Bravo!
You kinda loose that 'stop and smell the flowers' after you've played for so long, like me. But when each new expansion comes out I'm always blown away by the a mount of work Blizz puts into the environments we all play in. They don't skimp on the details even when it's something most people will just blow by and never look at.

I was just looking at the details for the gate of the setting sun, and was reminded how good Blizzard really is. In fact I'm waiting on a Hozen rare spawn right now and I looked around and saw barrels made out of bamboo. Blizzard didn't need to make those. They could have slapped the same barrels they've always used down, but they decided it was worth the effort for the look and feel of the game. And what's this? On top of the barrel is a Hozen Hai-pu (Haiku)! Good for some laughs, it's a little gem that doesn't help the players in their journey for shiny purples, but simply adds flavor and fun. And I applaud these efforts.

04/17/2013 11:47 PMPosted by Hablix
Fascinating how the OP talks about sound... I was leveling a monk Windwalker and found it really boring and realized it had a lot to do with feeling weak, whether or not that weakness was real, and much of that perception had to do with sound.

Indeed. Although a lot of people detest it, I love the sound of hunter's guns. It makes me feel like I'm blasting enemies full of lead. So much so, that I feel out of place when I play any other class, I always return to the boomstick wielding hunter!
wow = PVP only
Very well put. I'll always remember leveling my first night elf or dwarf or human or troll, etc... and just absorbing the sheer ambiance. The music, the graphics, the sounds of combat -- every single zone or feature enchanted you in its own special way.
Some of this I agree with you on, however.... this type of thing is more noticible solo playing or in a Scenario. In a raid, you barely know what the hell you are casting. I don't get visceral animation or feeling when execute goes off or shield slam procs for me.

I disagree to some extent. While your own character's sound and effects can be obscurred by in a group I think that all the combined spells and sounds and effects contribute to the feel of being involved in the battle. I think this is one of the things that's particularly fun about 25 man raiding (which I admit I don't really do anymore). You see all the effects of your teammates and can hear the casts or attacks of those close to you. Plus if you are close to the boss you see the visuals of those spells landing. So while your own individual effects and sounds play less of a roll the overall confusion of the raid's attacks can draw you in just as effectively I think.

As an aside. One of the things I've always loved about Tauren is that one of their spell cast animations finishes with the tauren raising the right arm above the head in a kind of flourish. I really like that cast animation and the spells that use it feel really satisfying.

I'm not fond of the running water sound they use for our healing spells however. It sounds like someone has turned on the faucet in the kitchen to run some dish water rather than the power of the rivers and seas being channeled. The splash sounds on riptide are great as is the sound of ancestral awakening proc'ing. The sound for Chain heal as it jumps through the raid is great as well. I also like healing rain's sound effect. So many great sounds to these spells.
wow = PVP only

WoW PvP is probably some of the worst most unbalanced PvP out there. There is a reason why WoW is much more successful then the other MMO's out there and trust me, it's not because of it's PvP.
I agree about the ambiance and the sounds. I'll stop playing for months at a time, but I always want to come back and play because I like the sounds of NPC's greetings, quest turn in sounds, Undercity music, and aggro noises. That and I like leveling.
I agree completely. I, personally, really do "feel" the hits as well. All in all, very well put. I think this is an excellent explanation as to why WoW is STILL the best MMO of its type on the market.

In addition, as pointed out by others, this game really is still the best (of this click-to-action combat style) at keeping the smoothness of combat. No other MMO of this combat style comes even close to the smoothness that WoW has.

I still wish something would come and completely 1-up WoW, though. Innovation (as in with game engines and combat design) and competition are two things the MMO market is missing nowadays. Although, recently, it seems, MMO designers have realized the demand for the "next big thing" of MMOs - the oh-so-common click-to-action style is getting real old real fast.