Venoma's Prot Pally PVP Guide [5.3]

Paladin
Still have some questions.... Having fun with prot but why not take selfless healer? Does it do less healing for prot than ret or holy? And why not pick up holy avenger, would probably give more burst than divine purpose.... Hmm and not sure which is better, execution sentence or holy prism..
Still have some questions.... Having fun with prot but why not take selfless healer? Does it do less healing for prot than ret or holy? And why not pick up holy avenger, would probably give more burst than divine purpose.... Hmm and not sure which is better, execution sentence or holy prism..

Prot doesn't get the Ret passive which increases Flash of Light's healing by 100%.

As i said at one point, feel free to experiment with the Tier 5 and 6 talents. You can set them up for more burst or more sustained or a mix of the two. Experiment, discover & decide ;)
Lol tue, seems there's no one else to ask about this sort of thing.....apparently prot pallys in BGs are pretty rare these days.....
Lol tue, seems there's no one else to ask about this sort of thing.....apparently prot pallys in BGs are pretty rare these days.....

Closer to completely extinct lol.

But that's why it makes it all the more satisfying to go captain america all over some poor caster's @$$.

As to your original question; there's basically two setups that I run, and both include Divine Purpose and swapping out between Holy Prism for a safe & secure (but less bursty) run or Execution Sentence for a riskier but burstier setup.

However, in arena always look at the enemy comp and decide what T5 & T6 talents to pick accordingly.
Closer to completely extinct lol.

Harsh. :(
Well yes I get some strange reactions from both sides.... Some ppl on horde usually say nothing... But I had one or two intrigued ppl asking (in a good way why and how I do as prot in BGs) then I get some cocky casters that laugh at me (on the alliance).....had a Mage a lock and some other do that, strangely enough though we won each bg....I really love distracting ppl, getting 3 or 4 on me, taking them away from the bg objectives.....
muahuahaua i will try this, and share whit spome guildies ty =).
You people are insane.

Must...resist...urge...to return...
Well yes I get some strange reactions from both sides.... Some ppl on horde usually say nothing... But I had one or two intrigued ppl asking (in a good way why and how I do as prot in BGs) then I get some cocky casters that laugh at me (on the alliance).....had a Mage a lock and some other do that, strangely enough though we won each bg....I really love distracting ppl, getting 3 or 4 on me, taking them away from the bg objectives.....

Haha - yeah, I get /emote spammed often. It's especially fun in normal BGs with engineering's Rocket Boots on belt; tank a bunch of them for ages, then pop bubble, Judgement (Long Arm of the Law stacks with Rocket boots)+Belt = See ya later horde mob. Never gets old.

muahuahaua i will try this, and share whit spome guildies ty =).

Good luck, have fun!

You people are insane.

Must...resist...urge...to return...

Don't resist your fate ... and do not underestimate the power of the Dark side ...
I was going to go prot until I ran into an equally geared prot paladin and completely destroyed him on my ret >_<

I could just heal through all his damage lol.

Gear != Skill ;)
Updated for 5.3
I didn't read any of this as I am not interested in playing prot, but I just thought I should let you know, in case you didn't already know, that "tanks" aren't viable in FC rbg maps anymore, look at the patch notes if you didn't already know this.
Blizz broke PvP even more
And welcome back
I didn't read any of this as I am not interested in playing prot, but I just thought I should let you know, in case you didn't already know, that "tanks" aren't viable in FC rbg maps anymore, look at the patch notes if you didn't already know this.

Hi, the guide was never intended for Flag Carrying as Prot was never good at that - and in 5.3 that is even more so the case. I mention this several times in the guide:

If by chance you need to FC an RBG swap out to all defensive glyphs, make sure to Hand of Protect your healers and pray you don’t get smokebombed ;) In 5.3 no tanks are really preferred to FC so I doubt you will be caught in this situation ;)
Ah, I just saw "Disclaimer: Prot PVP has issues. You will NOT be reaching 2200 or above. You may get mocked by many for trying. You are not an ideal RBG FC." (Easier to just copy/paste on my phone) as "it's not ideal, but this is how" my bad for not reading on, but as I said, I have no interest in playing prot, just thought I should make sure you were aware
Ah, I just saw "Disclaimer: Prot PVP has issues. You will NOT be reaching 2200 or above. You may get mocked by many for trying. You are not an ideal RBG FC." (Easier to just copy/paste on my phone) as "it's not ideal, but this is how" my bad for not reading on, but as I said, I have no interest in playing prot, just thought I should make sure you were aware

Hehe no problem - maybe "ideal" should be changed for something more extreme since 5.3 ... perhaps "suicidal" ? :D
Tried it - 9KBs and over 6million and damage. Pretty awesome.
For someone who is so against prot, Nymh, you seem to be enjoying playing blood. Got two max level blood dks and a third you are working on atm.