LFR no longer seems worth it to me.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
1.are you really that poor?
2.it just sounds like you're lazy

nothing to see here folks.
Durumu would be much better if they added a big dps buff for living through the maze in LFR. Every single time I have done him it is one or two tanks, 3 to 4 healers and 3 to 5 dps that make it through. Everyone else is dead.

Then we down him by wiping a few times and getting those people who live to have dps high enough to kill him. Sometimes that takes a few goes.

Also if Durumu is to hard then you may as well give up on Lei Shen.
If you don't like it.... don't do it.
Well, that WOULD be an option if blizzard didn't make raiding ToT the only way to get rep for 522 ilevel gear from valor and the only way to get ilevel 502 gear. If there were heroics I could do to catch up rather then this, I would in a heartbeat. Sadly I can't.

and btw, eyesore (purple maze) doesn't one shot people. nor does the beam if i recall correctly. the maze got nerfed to the ground and the safe spot is so much easier to see. all you need is to open your eyes.
Over half my raid died every time to the purple as soon as it appeared. The beam also got a few.
04/18/2013 01:09 AMPosted by Dliver
You're wrong in spirit on the first part (it's an enormous DPS hurdle like standing in a purple puddle) and wrong on the second

oh?

i could stand in eyesore in LFR and not get 1 shotted as i did earlier. it takes about 2-4 ticks from full to completely kill me. and the beam got nerfed. in those 2-4 ticks, you'd think people would move cause "hey omg this purple stuff is killing me!" but no, some people would just stand still and be the retard that they are. does that make LFR bosses bad? no. its those kind of players that are bad.

both mechanics are for all intents and purposes a "1-shot" mechanic such as hasn't been in LFR before and the rewards are not commensurate with the risks.

lol.

if you ever step into normal ToT durumu, even there, the eyesore doesn't 1 shot you. it's about 2-3 ticks if you touch eye sore on normal mode. only the beam was considered a 1 shot. in LFR, both things are laughable pre-nerf as long as you opened your eyes and not expect to beat the boss by just standing still and dps'ing. but hey look, the fight got nerfed to the ground and people are still complaining and saying LFR is bad and the "1-shot" should not be there.

time to actually earn your epics.

Over half my raid died every time to the purple as soon as it appeared. The beam also got a few.

again, people refusing to move. watch their health bars next time --- and see if it's an ACTUAL ONE-SHOT (as in, they die in 1 tick of the eyesore).
04/18/2013 01:17 AMPosted by Myu
If you don't like it.... don't do it.
Well, that WOULD be an option if blizzard didn't make raiding ToT the only way to get rep for 522 ilevel gear from valor and the only way to get ilevel 502 gear. If there were heroics I could do to catch up rather then this, I would in a heartbeat. Sadly I can't.

and btw, eyesore (purple maze) doesn't one shot people. nor does the beam if i recall correctly. the maze got nerfed to the ground and the safe spot is so much easier to see. all you need is to open your eyes.

This is normal. The more people see content, the easier it becomes. However, LFR doesn't have time for those sorts of things. At the same time, the players themselves may not care much since their dying means they get rewarded for it anyway, meaning there's no incentive to try in LFR. Obviously this creates problems when more than half the raid has this mentality.

I've already stated, having players learn basic knowledge of how a standard raid encounter works before entering the instance (don't stand in things, dispels are good, etc) would go a long way. Increasing stuff like gold for repairs is a bandaid.

The other thing would be finding ways to get players to perform better, so it's not just a case of "oh, I can afk and get stuff!" That one is a bit hard to fix, though.
I think people forget that LFR was created, so people who are not in high end guilds experience the end-content of the expansion.

It is not a money grind.

You get gold from dailies or farming.

I am only doin LFR for 2nd spec gear and legendary items.
Maybe your guild should have a higher repair budget for raiders?
Since the new raids came out I haven't wiped more than once on a boss, most of them haven't even wiped at all. The only challenge was Durmu (not sure if spelled right), we wiped twice.
Maybe your guild should have a higher repair budget for raiders?

Well no one seems to agree on whether LFR is "raiding" and either way, that dodges the question whether LFR is rewarding enough.

I think the facts are these, but I welcome fact-based responses:

LFR in Cata became a filler for a true lack of end-game content. Prior to that, raids were only accessible (with any hope of success) by elite raiding guilds, and were hugely, vastly unpopular.

So in MoP 5.0, they expanded on that with the concept of LFR for everyone (which is basically LFR replacing dungeons)! And it's almost like an individual weekly, as in, if you show up, you'll see the same raid mechanics, except 5x easier and you might wipe here and there, but any decently equipped groupof 25 people, probably has 15 that can manage it.

In 5.2 and ToT - especially Durumu, the bar is back to being raised (on Durumu and maybe Lei Shen, though I can't say I have enough information to judge this). Here's the rub of it - Durumu and Lei Shen to a certain extent are difficult and feature something approaching raid-quality mechanics (unforgiving) and yet their rewards are total garbage. The world bosses and dailies rock the hell out of them - whereas they didn't in 5.0 MoP.

Honestly I don't think it's because they want LFR to be raid-hard - it's because they might not get it. Maybe on a supercomputer at ultra in a Google Fiber Optic zone Durumu is super-fine, but for a lot of the rest of us Durumu on normal computers at a million different graphics settings/visual levels - and there's no prompt what to do and lag spikes and ToT General Chat spam in the way - and lord knows it's a silly mess we get through with determination buffs.

If that's the intent, they should make Durumu's reward equal to the cost, because right now it just literally isn't. You can farm the 2 world bosses and valor and be much better off, which probably isn't the intent behind 502 "welfare epic" LFR.
A normal progression raid night costs around 200-300g in repairs and you get about 10g in gold if that from looting trash or the 1-2 boss you get down...

And you're complaining about losing 10g ?

Welcome to raiding OP. If you don't like losing half a daily worth of gold, stick to blue items.
I think they want to drag LFR content out. Release it slower and make it harder... seems to be their plan but it really isn't that fun.

Doing stuff like this (ToT) with random people that are very ignorant to their own class is just not fun.
A normal progression raid night costs around 200-300g in repairs and you get about 10g in gold if that from looting trash or the 1-2 boss you get down...

Welcome to raiding OP. If you don't like losing half a daily worth of gold, stick to blue items.

This might be among the reasons 98% of WoW players don't raid.

Also, just from re-doijng old raids on a few toons (before the nerf), I'm assuming raiders *used to* get a LOT of gold from raids, before the nerf, though I can't speak for MoP after the nerf and am curious.
I'm pretty sure the largest contributor to WoW players not raiding is finding a raiding guild.
I'm pretty sure the largest contributor to WoW players not raiding is finding a raiding guild.
Or, you know, not having the time to commit to raiding full time? Because there are people who simply have too much going on that they don't have the free time to commit to raiding several hours a night several times a week in normal.
After doing Halls of the fleshapping, I began to question if I thought LFR was worth it. After wiping to the first boss five times, then the last one four times, I got only around 90g. It cost me over 100g just for my repairs. Not to mention the time investment in sticking around for so long with so many wipes.

With the difficulty of the increased LFR, and the sure to be harder next tier of LFR, please consider increasing the gold amounts to be up higher to atleast cover our repair bills. If that is out of the question, make it so we do not take durability damage in LFR. I don't want to go broke while Im trying to gear. Enchants and gems aren't cheap.

Casuals asked to experience the content so stop complaining cause that experience also comes with a huge repair bill. Normal and heroic raiders have forked over more gold on repairs than they ever get back since Vanilla raids heck their repair bills are 2 to 3 times more what you pay running LFR.

See: Icecrown-US Horde
Casuals asked to experience the content so stop complaining cause that experience also comes with a huge repair bill.

Now this is the rub. I went back and did a bunch of old raids before the nerf (on another toon) and you DID get crazy gold. (it's since been nerfed, especially for old raids and especially for less than full raids).

Raiders have/had always gotten a lot of free gold from their guilds, the guild perks, and infinity-more rewarding trash drops and better-than-anything boss drops.

In LFR, trash gives you wooden nickles and the bosses give you <1% drop rates on key crap. And now LFR in 5.2 and beyond is less-rewarding than ever while there are still ridiculous 1-shot mechanics imported from real raids.

Honestly, the raid team at Blizz is more to blame than the LFR-set. They turned LFR into dungeons, got rid of the dungeons and now they're trying to make LFR as hard as dungeons and even less-rewarding and are shocked or something.

There is a Vast difference between a raiding guild, and a lone person doing LFR. A raiding guild has things like cash flow, and tons of objectives like guild groups for scenarios and heroics to bring in an income for paying for their raiders repairs during progression. Doing a LFR on your own isn't progression. Losing 10g+ per run out of my own money that I also have to use for my gems and enchants hurts when I don't have time for dailies AND LFR. My queue times as a healer are very quick. 7mins isn't long enough to complete any dailies. Once my LFR is over, depending on if I don't have to just leave during the wipefest, I have no time for dailies.
So Here I will play devils advicate.

Why are people wiping on raids? because someone pulled a stupid, someone didnt move out of "the bad" soon enough, and a healer's mana was drained trying to keep someone alive. or several dps are in crafted pvp gear, cause they wanted to cheat the system (can people still do that?)

Raids do not fail because they are hard. Its like mathematics, if you didn't bother to do your homework before doing the tests, of course your not gonna do well.

Raids are the exact thing, If you don't study the fight mechanics, what aoe's are bad, wich aoe's have a benefit over drawback effect, and wich effects will wipe the whole raid. if just once person wants to top DPS and can't think to move out of the quickly spreading grayish black stuff (or jump off the platform if they cant get out fast enough)

the Raid group suffers. It takes an hour of your time if that to quickly review the raid mechanics, watch a few boss explanations on youtube.

"if you don't study the fight, your gonna have a baaaaad time"