LFR no longer seems worth it to me.

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
All i heard was,

"I'm lazy"

And then I was like, yeah I've seen a million of these threads this week alone.

and i was like, you need to get a life
this is what i see on my server.

http://openraid.us/
With the difficulty of the increased LFR, and the sure to be harder next tier of LFR, please consider increasing the gold amounts to be up higher to atleast cover our repair bills. If that is out of the question, make it so we do not take durability damage in LFR. I don't want to go broke while Im trying to gear. Enchants and gems aren't cheap.

since when is raiding self-sufficient and/or cheap?
Guise, we wanted LFR so we could see the content! Not get gear. right?

Well its a required step of gearing now. So yea..
Why do people think a boss, even an LFR boss, should be easy?

Wiping many times is the cost of learning the mechanics.

A few hundred gold is a day of dailies and a real pittance.
The better solution would be to add ways to train players to understand and recognize common raid concepts, but most people just do LFR to get loot for minimal effort. Rather unfortunate, but buffing the gold is more a bandaid than a real solution. Otherwise we could just give Patchwerk a loot table and make him stand in for every boss in LFR.

NO NO NO. You fail to understand. You can NOT train players to do anything! I do not know where you picked up this delusion but get it out of your head. It is like trying to teach a pig so sing.... it just frustrates you and really ticks off the pig.
If you don't think it's worth it, don't do it.

It's as simple as that.
Why do people think a boss, even an LFR boss, should be easy?

Wiping many times is the cost of learning the mechanics.

A few hundred gold is a day of dailies and a real pittance.

That would be a viable argument with a normal raid group where you have the same people time after time all practicing their dance steps so they can do their ballet in unison. This will NEVER happen in LFR so that totally invalidates your concept.
After doing Halls of the fleshapping, I began to question if I thought LFR was worth it. After wiping to the first boss five times, then the last one four times, I got only around 90g. It cost me over 100g just for my repairs. Not to mention the time investment in sticking around for so long with so many wipes.

With the difficulty of the increased LFR, and the sure to be harder next tier of LFR, please consider increasing the gold amounts to be up higher to atleast cover our repair bills. If that is out of the question, make it so we do not take durability damage in LFR. I don't want to go broke while Im trying to gear. Enchants and gems aren't cheap.
Then don't do it, or learn to make gold to cover your repair bills. I used to enjoy pet battles, but some of the novelty has worn off. Instead of using the forums as my personal diary, I simply stopped doing pet battles.
I spent 3 hours wiping in a real raid last night and got nothing out of it.

Congrats on an authentic experience!

That would be a viable argument with a normal raid group where you have the same people time after time all practicing their dance steps so they can do their ballet in unison. This will NEVER happen in LFR so that totally invalidates your concept.

LFR asks for the bare minimum of coordination. The rules do not change week to week. What you learned last week is applicable this week, and the next.

Now, if you're forgetting how to do the maze in the interim, that's an entirely different problem.
LFR asks for the bare minimum of coordination. The rules do not change week to week. What you learned last week is applicable this week, and the next.Now, if you're forgetting how to do the maze in the interim, that's an entirely different problem.

Oh what? You got someone entirely different this week. I don't have a clue what you are talking about. You must have me confused with that other Magnata.

There does that make the folly of your statement apparent yet?
04/18/2013 09:00 AMPosted by Magnata
LFR asks for the bare minimum of coordination. The rules do not change week to week. What you learned last week is applicable this week, and the next.Now, if you're forgetting how to do the maze in the interim, that's an entirely different problem.

Oh what? You got someone entirely different this week. I don't have a clue what you are talking about. You must have me confused with that other Magnata.

There does that make the folly of your statement apparent yet?

Your argument is that people are willfully obtuse in LFR?

Surely it's easier to remember that purple things on the floor are bad.
04/18/2013 07:10 AMPosted by Bloomingpeta
Guise, we wanted LFR so we could see the content! Not get gear. right?

not really :/ it just takes a little effort to gear without lfr
The better solution would be to add ways to train players to understand and recognize common raid concepts, but most people just do LFR to get loot for minimal effort. Rather unfortunate, but buffing the gold is more a bandaid than a real solution. Otherwise we could just give Patchwerk a loot table and make him stand in for every boss in LFR.

I'm down for Patchwerk. Dem Hateful Strikes.

lol
After doing Halls of the fleshapping, I began to question if I thought LFR was worth it. After wiping to the first boss five times, then the last one four times, I got only around 90g. It cost me over 100g just for my repairs. Not to mention the time investment in sticking around for so long with so many wipes.

lol, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait... oh wait your serious? let me lol even harder... NEXT
Your argument is that people are willfully obtuse in LFR?Surely it's easier to remember that purple things on the floor are bad.

ARRRGGHHH NO. You never get the same person twice and you get people who have never been there before and you get people who are under geared and just a random mix of people with differing abilities (not to mention the idiots who think it is funny to intentionally wipe a group) combined with the few who watch videos because they are afraid of getting yelled at it they do anything wrong and those who learn everything the hard way (nothing like a betting pool to see how many fall to their deaths in Elegon) . LFR has NONE of the coordination, consistency or social mechanics of a regular raid.

Purple things? I've never done the new raid yet. I don't know what you are talking about. Who knows what is good to stand in and what is bad... yeah generally fire but sometimes green stuff or blue stuff is good but other times it is bad... they never keep things consistent you know. And there is no vent, and most of the time the tanks don't mark what they want us to kill first or sheep or whatever. Comparing LFR to a normal raid is just ridiculous.
04/18/2013 09:21 AMPosted by Myrkana

not really :/ it just takes a little effort to gear without lfr

This. I dropped LFR from my gearing strategy. It can be done.
04/18/2013 09:35 AMPosted by Magnata
Your argument is that people are willfully obtuse in LFR?Surely it's easier to remember that purple things on the floor are bad.
Purple things? I've never done the new raid yet. I don't know what you are talking about. Who knows what is good to stand in and what is bad... yeah generally fire but sometimes green stuff or blue stuff is good but other times it is bad... they never keep things consistent you know. And there is no vent, and most of the time the tanks don't mark what they want us to kill first or sheep or whatever. Comparing LFR to a normal raid is just ridiculous.
Well Lei Shen is tricky... there's actually something you want to stand in, but way more to not stand in. In general in TOT it's purple=bad. HOF was orange=bad if we want to just be simplistic.
04/18/2013 06:50 AMPosted by Annastasi

since when is raiding self-sufficient and/or cheap?

LFR is not raiding. it is casual content.