Helpful way to level.

Pet Battles
Hey I just wanted to let people know about a pretty decent leveling strategy I found. Most people know after you do your tamer dailies, they best way to level is by killing aquatics in Vale or by using the Feline Familiar to devour critters in Valley of Four Winds. Well, these are great, but I found a place that is slightly more efficient!

Head out to Jade Forest to the little cove where the beast of fable Nikun lives. He is constantly surrounded by tons of tanuki critters. This is the perfect place for a Feline Familiar to devour critters without ever having to move! They respawn at a rate where you will never run out of tanuki's to devour.

I do suggest using a magical critter as a secondary pet though, because sometimes pesky flyers appear as secondary pets on the enemy team and these can take too much time for a beast to take down. Anyways, hope this helps! Happy hunting.
04/18/2013 07:57 AMPosted by Blueberry
I do suggest using a magical critter as a secondary pet though, because sometimes pesky flyers appear as secondary pets on the enemy team and these can take too much time for a beast to take down.

But... you're talking about using Feline Familiar specifically, who has a 322 Attack and Onyx Bite. He's really, really good against fliers.

I suppose you could make the argument that you're using Pounce rather than Onyx Bite when farming critters, but I personally always use Onyx Bite, both because Pounce sometimes does too much damage and kills the critter before I can heal with Devour, and because I find a lot of the critters out there are faster than the Feline Familiar.
This is true, Feline Familiar can take down flyers with Onyx Bite, but I prefer pounce to mow them all down much faster and using the magic pet as a secondary for these instances. Slimes are good because they can heal too :)

Anyways, it's all preference! I just figured I would throw out another option for the insane people like me that are trying to get every pet to 25 :(

I actually camped an alt over there. The priest has gone from 70 to 84 just from pet leveling. Not too shabby considering all I am missing out on use more charms of fortune which I can't possibly ever need any more of at this point.
There's also a Fable mob in VotFW, Lucky Yi the cricket. And seconding onyx bite over pounce.
I actually camped an alt over there. The priest has gone from 70 to 84 just from pet leveling. Not too shabby considering all I am missing out on use more charms of fortune which I can't possibly ever need any more of at this point.

How did you get him to the Jade Forest before 85? I must be missing something.
04/18/2013 01:17 PMPosted by Flopsyhunt

You can be summoned by a warlock, I suppose.
04/18/2013 01:17 PMPosted by Flopsyhunt

I have a lvl30 sitting in Vale atm. It is not hard to get any toon you want to those kinds of places - just take a mage port.
There's also a Fable mob in VotFW, Lucky Yi the cricket. And seconding onyx bite over pounce.

That's where I am currently leveling a Warlock and working on the missing "pet level/battle" achievements.

That's my leveling area of choice for my alts' pet battles, since they live at Halfhill anyway. Can get to the crickets without any mob fights along the way AND on a ground mount (very important for the lowbies).

All those orange pet attendants must have instant respawn. It's a nice feature.

I have a lvl30 sitting in Vale atm. It is not hard to get any toon you want to those kinds of places - just take a mage port.

So a mage port to the Shrine then a ride on a two-seater? It's not like getting deposited in the Vale will let you get you anywhere else on your own if you're level 30. It's a prison zone if you're on foot.
04/19/2013 04:08 PMPosted by Vixie

That's my leveling area of choice for my alts' pet battles, since they live at Halfhill anyway. Can get to the crickets without any mob fights along the way AND on a ground mount (very important for the lowbies).

All those orange pet attendants must have instant respawn. It's a nice feature.

So a mage port to the Shrine then a ride on a two-seater? It's not like getting deposited in the Vale will let you get you anywhere else on your own if you're level 30. It's a prison zone if you're on foot.

Yes. My step-son also has an account.
I have my 51 and 33 leveling in the vale, simply because of moths. 2 shots every pet there, easy exp :)

Actually not if you're willing to eat a bit of repair. If you die around the right area over by west wall, you get put at the spirit healer on top of the wall, take res sickness there and you can run down the wall and jump into valley. 2 seater is faster ofc and I did that on most alts, but on one realm my lowbie couldn't find anyone to get a ride off except one lunatic asking 1k gold for a 2m ride...I told him to get stuffed and just corpse-hopped my own way to halfhil ;p

BTW, a little tip for anyone who has their lowbies near halfhil that's nothing to do with pet battling, you can run over and talk to the Tillers Quartermaster to have tillers rep appear on your list, then set it as your bonus rep and 1 random dungeon per week (for lowbies, it's per day at 85+, not sure where ceiling is, 69 monk still only gets 1 bonus rep per week) will give you tillers rep, 660 with commendation and guild bonus. Together with the commendation boosting the initial starter quest rep, you can skip a fair way through the tillers grind on alts and get their farm built faster when they hit 90.

Edit:- This also works with other MOP reps that can be set as bonus also.