Armor reduction not stated amount

Druid
I've been noticing throughout MoP raiding that I take more damage from big spike physical attacks that I should according to what my damage reduction says on the character tab and what the boss ability says in the dungeon journal. For example my damage reduction is 68.79%. Tortos' snapping bite does 525,000 damage on 10 man. I'm taking 400k-420k when I'm hit with it. There are a couple other instances when the math doesn't add up for me. Am I missing something here?
I've been noticing throughout MoP raiding that I take more damage from big spike physical attacks that I should according to what my damage reduction says on the character tab and what the boss ability says in the dungeon journal. For example my damage reduction is 68.79%. Tortos' snapping bite does 525,000 damage on 10 man. I'm taking 400k-420k when I'm hit with it. There are a couple other instances when the math doesn't add up for me. Am I missing something here?

Physical=/= reduced by armor. Snapping BIte ignores armor.

When it's obvious something ignores armor, it's pretty obvious. You just have to realize it's a possibility.
04/07/2013 08:07 PMPosted by Qried
. For example my damage reduction is 68.79%.

That's before suppression.

See sticky above.
Tortos' Snapping bite ignore armor (along with several other abilities). Probably best to let whatever other tank is in your group tank Tortos because they probably actually have active mitigation instead of our active dice roll system.
04/07/2013 08:07 PMPosted by Qried
For example my damage reduction is 68.79%.

Against a level 90 target. Raid bosses are level 93.
Any armor pen attack absolutely !@#$s druids, guardian mastery really should apply to the damage these effects deal even if the attacks ignore 'normal' armor.