MfD cd buggy?

Rogue
So I MfD ppl occasionally if I know they will die shortly (even out of my range) so I can redirect those pts on someone and have the cd reset. But it seems to buggout sometimes and not reset even tho the person I marked DID 100% die, just not my KB.

Example: ToK, I'm holding an orb, so I'm losing a lot of opening / dmg ability because I can't stealth. But I have the orb dmg buff, so w/e.

So I basically beat the boots off someone, MfD them at around ~10% so I can redirect those pts at the next poor bastard that comes in range. The guy I marked dies quickly and the ability is on a 1m countdown still.

Do I have to USE those 5pts before he dies for the reset? I say buggy because it seems like sometimes this work great and I just slam out 190k+ evisc's (due to orb bonuses) over and over, and sometimes I'm left with it on cooldown.

Based on the tooltip I don't see how this is happening. When I redirect those 5pts that person does NOT have MfD debuff, and orig guy I did mark is long dead but its on cooldown??
You should'nt have to use the points for the CD to reset. I think it's just buggy latency issues. When you put it on them last minute the CD starts and the person dies but it doesn't register and the CD stays. It's rather annoying. Try to avoid using MFD on a target about to die shortly after use. I dont think blizzard will fix it anytime soon.

Just like they never fix !@#$inggoddamn vanish.
It is annoying. Was actually running a TP and knew tank was going down, so I mark him, redirect / kidney healer to be sure he'd dirtnap and figured I'd get a cd reset to annihilate the healer with when tank died....but nope, tanked fell and ability stayed on cd.

Healer still died but wtf....make my lvl 90 talent work, especially when I'm taking the "underpowered" 90 talent (saying underpowered cuz it seems many ppl cry abt ST more, guessing they haven't had their face kicked off with mfd yet)
Well, I'd argue it's not the underpowered talent. I think ST is garbage. MFD, when used well is awesome.
MfD is not reseting on Holy Priests (only time ive noticed). Ive already started a thread about it on the bug forums.
please post your own reports too, so we can get this fixed.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569310624
Could also be a latency issue. If you MfD too soon before the target's death, it may not actually trigger the cd reset. I've had it happen to me, for example, in dungeons (or on horridon), where I'd MfD a mob right before it dies, and it dies so soon after that the cd is not reset.
Could also be a latency issue. If you MfD too soon before the target's death, it may not actually trigger the cd reset. I've had it happen to me, for example, in dungeons (or on horridon), where I'd MfD a mob right before it dies, and it dies so soon after that the cd is not reset.

Even assuming latency though, sometimes its over 5s before they die and its not resetting, im playing @ avg 70ms, so this shouldn't be an issue.

Holy priest is another issue, that's a problem with how SoR works in the UI, frames treat them as alive, yet untargetable.