Hailstorm - The Monk weapon?

Monk
I can't help but notice every time I see this sword used for transmogging it's always a Monk who wields it.

What is so special about the
  • weapon that makes it unique?
    Why has it become a popular Monk xmog?

Off the record, and strictly in my own personal view, I believe the current gear looks great.
    Pfft we're all reckful fanboys.
    Prbly bc its such a pita to get.

Malygos...bleh.
    I actually like the look of the new pvp axe's.
    I see more death knights using that sword for xmog than anything. It's just a cool looking sword in general.

For the record, malygos is an easy solo. As long as you know how to 1123 spam. Just takes a lil while.
    I see more death knights using that sword for xmog than anything. It's just a cool looking sword in general.

For the record, malygos is an easy solo. As long as you know how to 1123 spam. Just takes a lil while.

TBH, didn't even know it came from Malygos. I only ran it for the mount at higher levels.

Pfft we're all reckful fanboys.

As far as fan boys, there's not much we can do for transmogs other than copy other classes...
    As far as fan boys, there's not much we can do for transmogs other than copy other classes...

Pfffft. I copy no class.
    I used it for a while, but the glow effect damn near burned my retinas. It just looks good DW sheathed on the back imo.
    I just use these suiting katanas because frankly I don't equate glow amount to d1ck size.
    squidy stick or gtfo
    Same reason kids wear Cursed Vision of Sargeras.

Must be hard going to goldshire inn as horde.

Cursed Vision is fine, as long as you're not using it with EVERYTHING. I used to have it on this transmog set, because the black actually matched. But then you see people running around with a bloodfang recolor and cursed vision, and I can't understand why.

Edit: and Hailstorm is not difficult to get. As the person above said, on the vehicle fight spam 1 1 2 3 without ever breaking rotation. I still run it weekly for the mount, and I've seen Hailstorm drop like 3 times.
    For my PvP xmog set, I use hailstorm with the LFR monk tier set. It just matches perfectly and looks great imo.
    Cuz it goes on my back and is attractive.

I'm like the poster boy of over-used Monk xmog. Cursed Vision, Hailstorm, AND a dark color scheme. :D
    I've never seen a monk use it, or at least never noticed. It seems to always be Frost DKs. :P

I'm not a big fan of unoriginality, though.

Cursed Vision of Sargeras over everything, Cursed Vision of Sargeras on my mind.

Honestly, I think it has a very monky feel to it. I took it off the other day and I was like, "no."
    If you're not using wrathful gladiator's cleaver for your mog then you are doing it wrong.

Wrathful Gladiator's Cleaver