Durumu Maze Improvements – 4/9

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14
I fought Durumu in LFR yesterday for the first time after reading the Dungeon Journal. The mechanics seemed pretty straight forward. Nevertheless many of us in the raid could not see any safe area. We wiped the first time at 3.5% and succeeded the second time. I ended up keeping myself fully healed and not worrying about the safe area since I could not see it whatsoever. If there IS a setting I can change, I sure would like to find out what it is. I've spoken with several other people about it as well as watched videos of the encounter. The safe areas are clear in the videos, yet while participating in LFR the entire floor looks the same. I'm not looking forward to meeting this boss on a toon that can not heal him/herself, and the complete lack of sympathy from the people who are NOT having the visual effects problem is making for a lot of unnecessary anger and conflict.
The life-drain during color phase is, for many, impossible to see.
That's the only hurdle my team has to improve on before we cross the finish =)

yes, we can read the txt chat showing that stupid bright green life drain icon, but i would like it somehow easier to distinguish from everything else going on during that phase.
I ended up keeping myself fully healed and not worrying about the safe area since I could not see it whatsoever. If there IS a setting I can change, I sure would like to find out what it is. I've spoken with several other people about it as well as watched videos of the encounter. The safe areas are clear in the videos, yet while participating in LFR the entire floor looks the same. I'm not looking forward to meeting this boss on a toon that can not heal him/herself, and the complete lack of sympathy from the people who are NOT having the visual effects problem is making for a lot of unnecessary anger and conflict.

I'm having the same issue, still. Obviously other players are able to see the purple dissipating from the safe spots much sooner than I can, because on my end it looks like they're just walking straight into purple, and only several seconds later does the purple go away making the spot they're standing look safe. The only way I can do the fight is stand directly on top of someone who can see where he's going and stick on that person the whole maze phase. To me it looks like I'm blindly walking into bad stuff, so I just have to trust that they know where they're going.

I have a very new system and graphics card, I've tried every spell detail setting, updating graphics drivers, all that. I've NEVER had a problem like this before while playing this game, I'm usually the one sitting back and laughing that others are standing in fire. Maybe this is my punishment? :P

In videos it looks totally different from what I see on my screen when I do the fight. It's not player error. There is still something wrong with this fight.
"Improvements!" they said as the maze closed up from all directions causing many people to be SOL.
i think its better than what it was... I was still having issues after the improvements because my settings are all on low, so my pc can handle it. and i will admit it is relatively difficult to see with the dark floor the way it is with the dark purple. maybe a lighter shade of purple would help.

on a side note, I am progressively getting better now that i have an idea of what im looking for. but still perhaps a lighter shade of purple to add some contrast or even as mentioned somewhere else i can't remember where maybe green would work too.
I have eyes like a hawk and have trouble spotting the safe zones. Why? Because they aren't distinct. What looks like a deathtrap to me, will be safe. Then, what looks safe will be a deathtrap. There's no rhyme or reason to it. It's just a big purple blob. And yes, I know what I'm doing. I know how to get into the safe zones. It is just a very poorly made mechanic.
I have eyes like a hawk and have trouble spotting the safe zones. Why? Because they aren't distinct. What looks like a deathtrap to me, will be safe. Then, what looks safe will be a deathtrap. There's no rhyme or reason to it. It's just a big purple blob. And yes, I know what I'm doing. I know how to get into the safe zones. It is just a very poorly made mechanic.

I wear glasses and have never had any problem seeing it, maybe your computer is too old, or your vision isn't as good as you think.
04/22/2013 11:53 AMPosted by Krankheit

I wear glasses and have never had any problem seeing it, maybe your computer is too old, or your vision isn't as good as you think.

I suspected someone would say something like this. I'm just going to say that there are issues with the way it's drawn and leave it at that.
I personally haven't seen any improvement. I know the mechanics, I know there is a path, I've chosen every angel I can and every graphic setting. It's still extremely difficult for me to see the safe area and the shadowy area. I think this a case of the graphics being too fancy. Just do a 2d maze on the ground. The fight in its current state is ridiculous. We shouldn't be losing people just because we can't see whatever is intended to be there. I manage to stay alive on my toons with defensive cooldowns. Without them, I don't think I'd find the path for the extent of the phase.

Melee range is especially difficult. Good think I have a tank but should I save CDs for a visual glitch?
I had a lot of problems the first two weeks, I couldn't stay alive and spent every Durumu fight holding up the floor (I have several level 90's). After they nerfed it, I thought it got MUCH easier. For me (lowest graphics settings in the game), if I pull the camera as far out as possible and angle it so I am looking somewhat down at a diagonal angle, I can see everything really well and can easily stay in the safe zones.

I hope that helps some:D

No need of drama. Whoever doesn't understand the problems most people have in this encounter is worthy only of being ignored. And I sincerely don't get Blizzard in this. Annoying customers on purpose doesn't make any sense, when the solution would be so easy.

Yet annoying customers is what they do best anymore. They tell you this is what you are going to get and you are going to like it. Hence why we still have CRZ.... I have refused to do LFR at all for the past couple weeks. Durumu pretty much killed any enjoyment I had left for this game.
Not sure if it is still relevant to post here, but here I go.

I just did Durumu in LFR today. I've been running this instance for the past few weeks without any problems with the eye sores. However, today, I did ran up to the edge of the eye sores, waited.... and waited. And no safe zone appeared. Then I got hit by the beam, died, and a safe zone suddenly appeared ahead of me in the middle of the eye sores.

There was another person who looked like he was running in the eye sores before me. He was safe. Perhaps he could see the safe zone, which didn't appear on my screen?

I was taking the ranged path, if that helps with any information.

This was a very frustrating experience, as I know how to succeed at this mechanic.