Weapon Comparison

Hunter
Simple, which one does more Dps. RF Shattered Tortoiseshell Longbow or RF Taoren, The Soul Burner.

For those of you having a tough time getting anything, I feel you, but there is hope. I just got both of these today lol.
Taoren is better, provided that you have the sha gem. If not, then the raid finder shattered tortoise shell is better. Taoren has aproximate ly 140 more agility (geming tortoise with delicate ruby), And the extra socket can be applied to either. For me, my touren is upgraded twice, making the gun have about 180 more agility.
AGI isn't the only thing that matters. My own stat evaluations from FD are 4.5AGI, 3.7RDPS

180AGI vs 800rDPS. 810dps vs 2960dps.

The real drawback here is that Tortisel is Hit/Exp, trinkets already make it difficult to not cap those stats.
Got the bow this week and you go up about 1k dps, regardless of the gem. There is waaaay too much hit/exp this expansion tho... wtf were the devs thinking?
I just played around on FD - Replaced my upgraded LFR Sha gun w/ Sha Touched & Prismatic Gem with LFR Duru's XBow w/ Primsatic Gem (it doesn't have any hit or exp, so its a simple update).

LFR Duru's is an ~1k DPS upgrade. I would imagine that, as long as reforging works well, you would see similar results from the other LFR guns.

Question: Is it just me/wowhead, or does the Gun actually have more Agility than the Bow/XBow drops?
Shattered Tortoiseshell Longbow vs Miracoran, the Vehement Chord vs Voice of the Quilen vs Durumu's Baleful Gaze
It does. It looks like Blizzard subtracted from STA from the final weapons to give them slightly more primary stats, forcing them to be BiS without further item level inflation.
Sha-Touched Gem is only worth about 7 ilvls of damage (this is a rough estimate -- it will vary for you depending on gear, but not by all that much).

So if you have a non-upgraded Taoren, any of the Throne of Thunder weapons are vastly superior. If you have an upgraded Taoren, any of the Throne of Thunder weapons are a moderate upgrade.

Edit: Regarding the gun, Drumuru's is probably going to be really damn close even with the slight bump to Agility, due to the better secondary stat choices. If you're over the hitcap, then it's almost certainly going to be better.
Update: Just got the bow off Durumu RF, put an Agility Gem in it and so far it's superior to the other two, sound about right?
Update: Just got the bow off Durumu RF, put an Agility Gem in it and so far it's superior to the other two, sound about right?

Don't forget your free socket! (If you've done that part of the legendary chain)
04/10/2013 09:55 PMPosted by Leorina

Don't forget your free socket! (If you've done that part of the legendary chain)

Made it to A Test of Valor so far