Zarhym talks about April fools.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
ITT: people who think that the people in charge of the website are game designers.

Thing is, if you actually clicked on and read the link provided he says exactly this. The people in charge of game design have zero to do with the April Fool's joke outside of maybe helping with the brainstorming during lunch breaks. He also said they had some ideas and worked on them but ended up not liking them so they scrapped it. Again, actually reading things isn't a strong suit for the qq'ers.
They've had April Fools Jokes every year when they were developing content. They originally had Crabby back, but took him away for whatever reason.

Really just sounds like a cop out to me, but whatever.
What game? What currency system?

Ok, go ahead and rant about the things you hate in WoW. I will counter 9/10 of what u say
Based on all the interesting replies I've been receiving on Twitter, I just want to specify here that I was primarily referring to website content and the priorities of our Web and Community teams. These are the teams that tend to put the most focus on April Fools jokes on our websites. People are extrapolating a lot of strange conclusions out of what I said... or, I guess more accurately, what I didn't even say.

And, as I said in the first of those tweets listed on MMO-C, we DID work on ideas for this year's April 1, but they didn't really pan out. We decided we couldn't justify spending MORE time on it this year with everything else going on. This doesn't mean we had more time to kill in previous years, or that we'll never do gags on our website again. It was a matter of priorities and time investment.

It's awesome that people enjoy when we do fun stuff. We like fun too. I'm sure we can all continue to have fun together, even if we didn't fool people on the day everyone not only expects it, but apparently demands it. :p
Essentially; the guys in charge of money decided they rather not spend any time/effort (money) on a tradition. Just another reason Blizzard is failing lately. :(

And seriously, the claim of "We thought about whether players wanted jokes & fake content, or real content. We're working on real content." if for the weak minded... Blizzard thinks it's players are essentially that.

Another doozie of ignorance.

The april fools jokes were free. Free things stop. Maybe they are irritated about how obnoxious the forums are any time they do something nice. Or when they do things that are nice and then decide not to redo them, people like you come out and have a personal hissy fit about it.
They gave the same excuse for Theramore's Fall being so crappy. And that actually did end up as level 90 content.

I think Blizzard just doesn't care about "little things" like April Fools anymore. They're all about maximizing subs for the minimum amount of effort now.
I never said I hated dailies. Just that she is right in her initial assumption.
And just because I'm still playing the game, I'm not allowed to be critical when someone, especially a GM, says something ridiculous?

And you seriously believe that putting up a joke would severely impact released content? Are you saying Blizzard is that incompetent?

So, go ahead and provide content for a playerbase and have time to "Supply an April Fool's joke for a 30 min laugh

You mean, the way they did so the last couple of years until now?
Know what, I wish Blizzard would just come out and say it. "We don't care." Didn't care enough to put out a pre-xpac event for MoP, and didn't care enough to put out a simple joke for April Fools, as has become tradition. I look forward to what Blizzard won't be caring about next.
They couldn't at least leave Crabby up all day and put out some patch notes? :/

Real patch notes take long enough to make and that's for documented changes that actually exist. Drafting and creating fake ones sounds like even more time, especially when the time it would take conflicts with the numerous hotfix notes we've been getting a steady stream of.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that they skipped the holiday entirely - having Crabby up the whole day would have at least acknowledged the holiday existed. But the devs and the CM team have both been not only busy but clearly more involved with the community lately, and that dedication makes it easy to forgive.
Know what, I wish Blizzard would just come out and say it. "We don't care." Didn't care enough to put out a pre-xpac event for MoP, and didn't care enough to put out a simple joke. I look forward to what Blizzard won't be caring about next.

^

Temper tantrum.

How simple do you think.. say.. The Bard class was?

"Simple" was re-using crabby.
They gave the same excuse for Theramore's Fall being so crappy. And that actually did end up as level 90 content.

I think Blizzard just doesn't care about "little things" like April Fools anymore. They're all about maximizing subs for the minimum amount of effort now.

That's not true and you know it.
Ok, go ahead and rant about the things you hate in WoW. I will counter 9/10 of what u say

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Does anyone know what he's talking about? I clearly missed a step.
Poor Zarhym. Comes in here to clear it all up and elaborate, but we're still going to have pages and pages of people screaming about how Blizzard doesn't care and is dying and the sky is going to fall any day now.
I still hate that april fools fell on a monday. the amount of users that got to hear my oondasta joke are just so few :\

Think next year i'll make it so april fools consists of entire first week of april. :)
Zarhym, mind confirming that that dark ranger class thing was up at some point as a joke? I see people saying it was but I obviously can't confirm or not.
I still wish Crabby had at least been left on all day. :(
04/03/2013 12:29 PMPosted by Mvura
Know what, I wish Blizzard would just come out and say it. "We don't care." Didn't care enough to put out a pre-xpac event for MoP, and didn't care enough to put out a simple joke. I look forward to what Blizzard won't be caring about next.

^

Temper tantrum.

How simple do you think.. say.. The Bard class was?

"Simple" was re-using crabby.

Yes, I am letting it get to me. However that doesn't make it any less possible.
Think next year i'll make it so april fools consists of entire first week of april. :)

Given the name, just make it the whole month.
They're all about maximizing subs for the minimum amount of effort now.
nonsense, if they were Alliance lore wouldn't be so terrible!
04/03/2013 12:25 PMPosted by Zarhym
We like fun too. I'm sure we can all continue to have fun together,

pffft canceled my subscription. April 1st most important day to anyone who plays blizzard games.

but more srsly i do always enjoy them and i really missed them. refreshed lots that day =[