5.3 - MoP XP Lowered Please

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 15 Next
Are you implying that the anecdotal claim that one person geared himself from 463 to 498 is biased? Or are you ignoring that claim and just focusing on mine because you like his better?

I don't have data, Mr. PhD. You don't actually need data to backup a single sentence written based on personal experience and from a general survey of the forums - where, yes, people do come to complain about their poor RNG. It is the pure volume of these posts that tells me not everyone has enough luck with drops to go from a 460 ilvl to 490 in a single day.

Feel free to continue to throw the "show me your data lol, I'm in intro to research methods right now" card at everything you see.

If you care enough to take data on the issue, or anyone does, I'll be happy to draw conclusions from that. Until then, I will happily continue to point out to people that their experiences are not necessarily the experiences of others.

Okie dokie pokie.

I just pointed out the bias in your arguments. Not trying to start an internet fight. The point is that no one but Blizzard would have real hard data so on the forums people are just stating opinion which is full of bias. Nothing wrong with that, as long as we acknowledge it.

You made a pretty strong claim and called someone "ignorant". You tried to argue using the words "extremely" and "majority" which you have no data to back up. If you don't tone down your argument then someone is going to call you on your use of hyperbole to make your points.
04/16/2013 08:12 AMPosted by Derkhoof
Please don't tell me that you're actually ignorant enough to not know that this only happened because of extremely lucky RNG and is not the case for a majority of players.

True ignorance is holding up personal biases as fact.

I see that everyone in this thread now is going to jump on the "I'm a professional researcher train," so here is an edited version:

Please don't tell me that you're actually ignorant enough to not know that other players' experiences will vary and not be the same as your own.

At the end of the day, you hypocrites will never admit that there is inherent bias in claiming anecdotal evidence; implying that because something based on RNG happened to you, other players can magically make it occur as well. There is inherent bias in everything. But you will not admit that because it does not support your vision.

This thread isn't even about gearing and I am done derailing it. You simply want to argue on semantics.
04/16/2013 08:17 AMPosted by Khaeus
The thing that is stoping me from leleving my other 5 level 85's is the fact of the reputation you have to do just to spend your valor points.

At this point I'm finding on my alts I have to put in 10x the amount of time to get valor points as it would take me to get rep up with various factions. With the Grand Commendations the rep grinds take very little effort as compared to the valor grind.

I want crafting patterns on several of my alts and don't mind grinding out the rep especially with the Grand Commendations. First of all, it gives me something to do on my alts besides work my farm and craft. Second of all it keeps everyone on the server from having the patterns which helps keep the value of crafting it up so that some decent gold can still be made.
At the end of the day, you hypocrites will never admit that there is inherent bias in claiming anecdotal evidence; implying that because something based on RNG happened to you, other players can magically make it occur as well. There is inherent bias in everything. But you will not admit that because it does not support your vision.

First of all please take out the phrase "Please don't tell me that you're actually ignorant enough to not know...". That is the offensive part of your statement. The other part was just hyperbole. Your statement reads as someone scoffing at another to make their point.

Why don't you just say this: "Your experience with RNG may not be the same as someone else".

And you are right. No ones anecdotal evidence (whether from reading the forums, trade chat, guild chat or personal experience) is large enough statistically to form a strong argument. But one persons personal experience can refute an argument by showing what is possible. The guy you were replying to wasn't trying to say that everyone could do what he did, he was simply stating that it was possible because he did it. The conclusion being that it is possible to get from 85-90 and geared up quite quickly. That's not an argument its a statement and it happens to be true.

Back to the subject at hand, nerfing XP for current content isn't something that Blizzard has done until the end of the x-pac, right before the next one is coming out. Asking for that change mid-xpac is likely to annoy other players. And that is exactly what happened with this thread.
Dont care how long it takes, mop leveling is terrible. Nerf it
Dont care how long it takes, mop leveling is terrible. Nerf it

I care how long it takes. MOP leveling is wonderful. Leave it alone.
To the people saying:

a) Do Monkey runs - why do I have to do that to level fast?
b) Leveling is easy - you negate the fact it is BORING. Doing the same quests over and over again is extremely boring. I have 4 level 90s and 2 characters at 88...it is BORING BORING BORING. Hey people, this is a GAME. Games should be FUN. Get off your high horses and realize this fact.
c) Increase BG/LFD XP Only: I am not cool with BG as already it is filled with botters. This would kill BGs for those who really want to pvp. I am really liking the idea of LFD though. If I could get 20% of a level in one, why not? Earlier in the game you get over a level in one, why does it curve out to make LFD not worthy versus quests later in the game?

Also they JUST added to the patch notes about Golden Lotus gating being removed. Thanks for pointed that out to me. I know I am not the only one who hated that.

The fact remains, that while MoP has a lot of content and the game overall has a lot of stuff to do, having the option to play alts spices things up a bit. I am just asking for something that I know the majority of the player base want.

Those who want their special snowflakeness, ask Frosty the Snowman what happens when the sun comes out - and it always does.
How do you know the majority of players want it? Have you asked every single account holder whether they like the MoP levellin experience?

Personally I think it is fine, I'm working on my 5th who is currently 88 with a couple of 86s behind them. Of course I don't try to speed level them through the content since I have other 90s that I like to do stuff on.

We have 2 years between expansions, you will likely have more than enough time to get a full 11 level 90s if you so desire. It really doesn't take that long at all.

I also wouldn't be surprised if a "nerf xp from 80-85" thread was created a few months after Cataclysm released.
Word on the street is that soon we'll have 5.3 upon us, which means the most recent expansion is most likely halfway through its lifespan before another expansion hits. Considering that MoP has been out for over half a year now, I believe it would be a good time for the devs to tune down the xp required to get from 85-90, especially the 88-90 grind.

(If it were possible I would also love it if Golden Lotus's gate were made to go away...MoP is the most alt-UNFRIENDLY expansion due to things like this...)

Why on earth would they tune down the experience, when the current expansion is still live? MAYBE with the next expansion they should do it, but definitely not sooner.
OP - No, No and No.

Cheers.
04/16/2013 07:30 AMPosted by Fatherfigure
leveling is not bad imo. Besides gearing up after you hit 90 is the real grind (probably as it should be).

It took me one day to go from 463 to 498 and all I had was 10 tokens and a fresh LFR lockout.

Your profile says 486 to me !!
Don't tell me your main is 486. And your alt is 498 :)

If it is so easy, why don't ALL your toons are 498.
All it takes is 10 tokens and a fresh LFR lockout !
04/16/2013 07:30 AMPosted by Fatherfigure
leveling is not bad imo. Besides gearing up after you hit 90 is the real grind (probably as it should be).

It took me one day to go from 463 to 498 and all I had was 10 tokens and a fresh LFR lockout.

Why do people lie?
We can armor you right way to see you have ilevel 486.
04/17/2013 07:10 AMPosted by Avatard

Why do people lie?

He's talking about his warrior who did get 9 drops in a 2 day span that probably did increase his iLevel quite a bit.

People have alts, I know it's weird.

Why do people lie?

He's talking about his warrior who did get 9 drops in a 2 day span that probably did increase his iLevel quite a bit.

People have alts, I know it's weird.

He sounds very easy.
If it is so easy, shouldn't all his level 90 have 498?
To the OP, all I can say is keep an eye out for the next 5.3 PTR patch note update.

For everyone that have already replied in the thread, would you kindly stop making posts attacking each other?
To the OP, all I can say is keep an eye out for the next 5.3 PTR patch note update.

For everyone that have already replied in the thread, would you kindly stop making posts attacking each other?

Ugh please don't.. The leveling process is fine, it gives people proper amounts of time to learn how to utilize their new tiers of spells and talents.

HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE. Oh my god this is glorious.