question about zen meditation

Monk
feel like a complete noob for giving in and posting this but... seems like the spell does not do anything whenever i am channeling it... am i missing something that is terribly obvious? could someone list some examples of certain phases that are considered a necessity to use this spell?
I use it like dispersion for certain debuffs like Static Shock on Lei Shen. You could also use it for a heavy aoe phase but I wouldn't recommend it as a healer since you can't heal while channeling.

The spell redirect portion is irrelevant for almost every pve encounter in the game so its just a 90% DR cd that you can't heal/attack during.
Aye, just use it as a personal defensive CD to boss mechanics. The redirection is rather irrelevant.
In most situations, if you're tanking, you'll never get the full cast. Use it for predictable big damage hits, for example, various dragon breaths and whatever. Combine it with Avert Harm in those "everyone stack up and blow CDs" moments.

If you're DPS, just hit it when a big raid AoE is coming in, such as Quake Stomp or Lightning Storm.
As a mistweaver in arenas i always had a use of it whenever a rogue smoke bombed one of my partners. PvE wise however maybe has more uses
As a mistweaver in arenas i always had a use of it whenever a rogue smoke bombed one of my partners. PvE wise however maybe has more uses
It only redirects casted spells. Also I wouldn't bother using it in PvP as a MW. Good teams will take advantage over the fact that it redirects CC/Silence effects, and the last thing I want to do is CC myself behind a pillar or silence myself as a result of casting a spell that will never get its full benefit.

Though as WW it can be very useful in PvP, like redirecting that polymorph that is aimed at your healer, etc.
04/04/2013 11:53 AMPosted by Gasleak
It only redirects casted spells.

To add on, spells directed must also be target based, not area based.
In PVE, this spell is basically just a personal defensive CD. I use it for things like the Elegon adds blowing up, Garalon's crushes, Tortos' quake stomp, etc etc. On fights that have large raid wide aoes like that, I'll generally use the glyph for this as well so I can be moving into better position while using this to protect myself.