Saurok Stalker 2 piece

Hunter
Has anyone taken the time to figure out roughly how much DPS overall the thunderhawk adds?

I've read overall it adds 2-3% damage.

2-3% seems so low it's not even worth it?
2-3% is about in the neighborhood of 99% of set bonuses.
2-3% is a decent chunk, and the thunderbeasts scale off your mastery and more than 1 can proc at a time.
2-3% of 100,000 dps is.....2000-3000 dps? Mmm, varries by spec, I would expect to see depending on spec 6-3k dps increase for 2pc, maybe 3k or so for 4 pc.
I don't understand why people look at 2-3% and think, "Well that's low!"

The T14 4PC was considered amazing by BM hunters, yet if you looked at the actual damage contribution it provided, it was about 2%.
I currently have the 2 piece set bonus from the LFR legs and gloves. Would it be worth breaking the set bonus in order to get higher ilvl pieces. I could replace both with the ilvl 522 valor pieces. I am just not sure what which setup would result in better dps. Any advice would be appreciated.
I currently have the 2 piece set bonus from the LFR legs and gloves. Would it be worth breaking the set bonus in order to get higher ilvl pieces. I could replace both with the ilvl 522 valor pieces. I am just not sure what which setup would result in better dps. Any advice would be appreciated.

My gloves and pants are lfr versions, while 522s non tier pieces sit in my bank. It was about a 3k increase over them.