A Test of Valor Changes

General Discussion
A Test of Valor: Reduced the amount of Valor needed for this achievement to 3000 Valor Points, down from 6000.

Really, Blizzard? I hated that quest, I grinded to 6k. I complained that it was too much, rightfully so. I'm glad it's being changed, but about those of us who grinded for SIX weeks to get 1k valor when otherwise we wouldn't.
04/15/2013 01:53 PMPosted by Akatasha
A Test of Valor: Reduced the amount of Valor needed for this achievement to 3000 Valor Points, down from 6000.

Really, Blizzard? I hated that quest, I grinded to 6k. I complained that it was too much, rightfully so. I'm glad it's being changed, but about those of us who grinded for SIX weeks to get 1k valor when otherwise we wouldn't.

Best to let that kind of thing go. The progression leaders always take a "hit" when the nerf curve strikes... and that's how it's always been.

When something is nerfed, the people who got it "the hard way" are not compensated.
04/15/2013 01:54 PMPosted by Snowfox

Best to let that kind of thing go. The progression leaders always take a "hit" when the nerf curve strikes... and that's how it's always been.

When something is nerfed, the people who got it "the hard way" are not compensated.

Let me vent, Elf.

That quest alone made me hate logging in for six weeks. I did it to see the storyline. I stopped playing for 2 weeks after I completed it.
04/15/2013 01:53 PMPosted by Akatasha

*cough*

I've been on it since the second week it came out. Still havn't finished that part.

That quest alone made me hate logging in for six weeks. I did it to see the storyline. I stopped playing for 2 weeks after I completed it.

Heh... I spent months, every day, most of each day.. grinding out my pvp rank - solely to get a black war kitty. Then suddenly it was available to everyone easily. Then later, all the PvP gear I didn't like the look of, became restricted-xmog. Now I get to be "special" about something I never cared about, and what I did care about is open to everyone.

Such is the nature of the game... ultimately you play for fun, or you play long enough to see your accomplishments become irrelevant.
Nice for alts, mine will get their gems that much more quickly.

but about those of us who grinded for SIX weeks to get 1k valor when otherwise we wouldn't.

I get valor capped every week, and I need nor expect no reward for doing it when it took longer. Except perhaps to be able to say "I did it when it was hard". *shakes cane at youngsters on her grass*
Let me vent, Elf.

So you didn't receive 6000+ valor to spend on gear and stuff? You did it solely to see the storyline without getting anything from the raids/dungeons/scenarios/dailies? You did the questline in a vacuum? You capped valor every single week just for the questline?

Riiight.
So you didn't receive 6000+ valor to spend on gear and stuff? You did it solely to see the storyline without getting anything from the raids/dungeons/scenarios/dailies? You did the questline in a vacuum? You capped valor every single week just for the questline?

Riiight.

I spent it on gear upgrades because I didn't need the VP, i had finished getting the stuff I needed before 5.1.

I haven't capped valor since and I don't plan to.
Eh, they should turn the old one into a feat of strength. :P
Eh, they should turn the old one into a feat of strength. :P

See, I'm fine with that.

That's a nice little thing to get for doing it before 5.3.
I'm just glad my paladin won't have to go through 6 weeks of VP capping, well assuming 5.3 drops in the next 6 weeks.
Such is the nature of the game... ultimately you play for fun, or you play long enough to see your accomplishments become irrelevant.

This.
I paid 1000g for each character that wanted the fast land mounts back at a time when 1000g was actually sort of difficult to obtain. I leveled to 70 multiple times before flying mounts were available for characters under 70. I paid 1000g for each character that wanted dual-spec when it finally was available in WotLK. I also walked uphill both ways to school. :-)

My point is that Blizzard always makes things easier after a certain amount of time. If you want it NOW, it always takes more effort. For any character who hasn't been playing since the beginning of MoP, it's almost impossible to catch up at this point. This is their way of reducing the time lag a bit.
Now if they will just delete the battleground requirements from the later stages of the legendary quest.