DW ret..chances?

Paladin
In reading the recent surge of hunters asking for DW cross bows, and seeing blizzard state the main reason they aren't doing it is the lack of animations for it, it made me realize..I wish rets had a DW option. Certainly it can not be difficult to do, no? I mean frost DKs can 2h/DW on the fly and the only things that change to balance the dps is modify the abilities to fit the weapon, couldn't similar be done to ret? Exorcism/Judgment wouldn't have to change, only crusader strike and templar's verdict, and much like obliterate/frost strike, they could simply strike with both weapons for X amount so that dps ends up balanced to one another.

Maybe DW doesn't entirely fit within the paladin class, but I'm sure some roleplaying story about paladins updating their arsenal for the challenges ahead could be made, similar to rogues with axes, and personally I'd love to have some more weapons and style of play options for the sake of fun.
We do dual wield, In my right hand is my 2h and in my left is righteousness and Justice. Anything less is uncivilized.

In all seriousness, DW doesn't interest me at all. If you want different play styles, there's a bunch of other classes that have what you are looking for. Paladins don't need to do it all.
There are already 4 specs in dual wield (prot war/pali, smf war, dw frost), resulting in needing 6 weapons.

There are 5 specs for 2hand (arms war, tg war, unholy dk, ret pali, blood dk), resulting in needing 6 weapons.

All is good.

No need to steal more tank weapons >.>
While I understand it would be fun or cool to DW as a Ret, I still don't feel I could agree to it, because I want to try and keep Ret to be separate and unique from other melee classes. That being said, one of them is that we don't DW.

And...

No need to steal more tank weapons >.>
Screw a second weapon; I want a shield in my off-hand, and a two-hander in my main-hand. >_<
I enjoy spinning around and smashing my enemies in the face with my pretty looking 2H

Dual-wield wouldn't give you that feeling :*(
Screw a second weapon; I want a shield in my off-hand, and a two-hander in my main-hand. >_<

It could be kinda cool being a "shield using melee DPS class".

Personally, though, I'm just happy with my single two-hand weapon.
As far as I'm concerned, a shield for Ret could just be a stat stick and have no attacks actually use the shield. But it would inflate loot tables and/or cause further unfavorable gear overlapping, so I really don't see it ever happening.
Sword and Shield Vote here - Sacrifice DPS for more Defense.
I like the idea of having a two handed sword and shield. Were supposed to be protectors of the innocent, right?

But I doubt that would ever happen.
But it would inflate loot tables and/or cause further unfavorable gear overlapping, so I really don't see it ever happening.

Eh, str/mastery/hit/expertise makes for shields good for everyone.
Yeah, but then you have those groups that already double-up on shield tanks that would complain of a third person - or more, if raiding 25s - rolling on strength shields. Granted, it could be worked out easily enough; I mean, Pally/Shammy healers have been doing it with Ele Shams forever, so it's not too great a burden.
Yeah, but then you have those groups that already double-up on shield tanks that would complain of a third person - or more, if raiding 25s - rolling on strength shields. Granted, it could be worked out easily enough; I mean, Pally/Shammy healers have been doing it with Ele Shams forever, so it's not too great a burden.

So? Blood DKs take 2h weapons away from DPS, why would it be a problem for a DPS to take from a tank? If the tanks really NEED it more for progression, let them have it, but otherwise its not a big deal.
There are still issues with Blood DKs and weapons. Weapons are far more important to a DPS than to a tank, but I have been passed over numerous times in favor of tanking DKs. And I don't mean that I simply lost a roll.

Unless you've been playing with the same people for many, many years, there will always be trouble with loot.
It's doesn't fit with paladins thematically. We're supposed to beat people with giant maces, not toy hammers in each hand.
How about the ability to combine two two-handed weapons to make an extremely large and bad-!@# two handed weapon :O
To my knowledge there is not a single solitary Paladin in all of WoW lore that dual wields...

So I'd guess no.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=58605#abilities

Personally I wouldn't be against it. I'd love to dual-wield Malice and Remorse with my transmog set. But mechanically I wouldn't want to bounce back and forth between two-handers and dual wielding like frost dks do.