Twin Consorts, LFR concern

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
A friend sent me a link to a blog http://thebigbearbutt.com/2013/04/17/because-trolls-didnt-have-enough-toys/

He brings up a good point about the Twin Consort encounter and LFR. There is a mechanic that basically would allow a player to afk his way through the whole fight, the clicking on the pedestals. By making it so that they don't disappear if their not used correctly, and by making it so that the first person who clicks the pedestal gets in, and by making it so there is no repercussion for not actually completing the maze inside it gives people a chance spend the majority of the fight in a zone that deals no damage and lets them do nothing if they so choose.

The blogger sums it up much better than I do, worth a read.
It was doable in Gara'jal too.

It's really not an issue, LFR is a joke. People DO afk it and get loot all the time; this actually takes more effort than actually 100% afking (which people do)
04/18/2013 03:02 PMPosted by Kangarooster
It's really not an issue, LFR is a joke.

That's not the point. It's the principle that a useful mechanic can instead be used to mostly afk from a fight.
Good thing it's tuned to be 15 manned even without the spirits.
And with the spirits it could probably be 10 manned. Crane, I'm looking at you.
And with the spirits it could probably be 10 manned. Crane, I'm looking at you.

they hotfix nerfed it to do like nothing now

It was potentially 2 mannable in the original form.
Lame... 30 million cranes was fun. Whats a phase 3 and 4.
This is a really bizarre complaint because it's a super complicated method of not participating that requires a whole lot more attention and effort than, for example, just not participating. Why would anyone ever do this?
You don't need the celestials to kill LFR Twin Consorts. The entire thing is literally tank and spank. Heck with good enough healers you can heal through tanks letting Suen reach 150 stacks of Blazing Radiance.
She caps out at 99 stacks. I know because I summoned the cranes in P1 and the first boss died in like 20 seconds lol.

5 million per crane is still quite a bit though.

Even at 99 stacks the damage isn't very high.
You can just AFK through LFR anyway.
Yeah, LFR already has a mechanic that lets people AFK. It's called massively undertuned fight
This is a really bizarre complaint because it's a super complicated method of not participating that requires a whole lot more attention and effort than, for example, just not participating. Why would anyone ever do this?
This is the point, OP.

People AFK on the regular. It's not a big deal. Your "strategy" of AFKing LFR is extremely complicated and anyone who is actually just gonna AFK is, well, just going to straight up AFK it.

Or, hell, you know what'd be easier? If someone looks up their DPS/HPS/etc and says "Hey, you did practically nothing!" they can just lie and say they did the celestials, rather than doing it altogether. Whoop dee doo.
but drawing is so fun

why would anyone wanna afk on that fight :(

^^^

People already straight afk and do nothing. I would be more worried about those who get locked out of the room on "accident" or purposefully get them themselves killed in the first 2 mins of the fight so they can literally afk.

Plus the damage on that fight is not bad at all they could just run in circles the whole fight and live as well.

The only real issue is that people are clicking and going in and not doing the patterns because they don't know how, are dumb or goofing off and then they can't be used for real. But as they are not really that important it doesn't really matter.
When I did it this week we couldn't even use the crane because a druid did exactly what the OP was talking about.

Was stupid.
04/18/2013 02:31 PMPosted by Fairadey
He brings up a good point about the Twin Consort encounter and LFR. There is a mechanic that basically would allow a player to afk his way through the whole fight, the clicking on the pedestals.

This doesn't work. You only stay in there for about 20 seconds, and even then, you still have to run back to the pedestal to get back in.

In fact I'd say the time you spent 'afk' doing that is a little too much work to be actually afk.

04/19/2013 04:25 PMPosted by Nashoba
When I did it this week we couldn't even use the crane because a druid did exactly what the OP was talking about.

The crane pattern is the hardest one to draw.

In any case I generally tell people in my raid that the LFR version is the best time to put some practice in on drawing, because it's better to do it there where it doesn't matter than in the real raid (although to be honest practicing drawing the wind serpent is useless when it's a friggin 'W').
You seriously cannot expect 8 different strangers to rotate through this.

The beauty of the massive undertuning of LFR means that one guy who actually knows what to do can do it by himself.

I think you will cause more headaches by trying to bulletproof every encounter from trolls, and contribute to the creation of duller and duller boss fights.

Let social justice have it's place in this social game. Votekicking has its purpose beyond booting AFK's.